ALPHA RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Extremely alpha and extremely rough around the edges, but we've launched a very, very preliminary version of the new site. Many features are missing and there's a lot of things in flux right now, especially related to the design; please be patient - we will be fixing things over the next few days and hopefully will have most old functionality back by the weekend.

The site was created by myself, our developer kenaniah, and CSS/design guru kace. We all spent a brutal amount of time over the last month slaving away at this daily. For more information about why we had to put up a rushed/incomplete release, see here.

Important notes about this release:

THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES. THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES. THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES.

YOU HAVE NOT LOST YOUR SIGNATURES, FRIENDS, PROFILE COMMENTS, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION (see below)

YOU CAN:

1. Maintain your anime list (but not through your profile)
You can update/add/delete anime by going to an anime entry, browsing through the alphabetical lists, or browsing through browse by year/tag/studio.

2. Browse for recs/anime info

3. Edit your profile (some fields)

NOT DONE YET:
(THIS INFO IS ALL SAFE IN THE DATABASE - YOU HAVE NOT LOST ANY INFORMATION, YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT YET)

1. Profile comments *now fixed*
2. Signatures
3. Filters in the anime entries
4. Friend functionality
5. Links to see your recs/reviews
6. "See all" for basically anything
7. Anime list through your profile
8. A lot of profile functionality
9. Life on anime *now fixed*
10. Top 5 anime aren't showing up in profile yet
11. Add recommendations *now fixed*
12. Forum shell isn't integrated yet *now fixed*
13. Search results aren't formatted nicely

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. Highlighting over the stars to rate is extremely slow (as is page load) in alphabetical list pages with lots of titles

2. IE6 has a lot of incompatibilities at the moment

3. Review search isn't working right

4. There are weird issues with the username in the logged in panel, often disappears (same with certain blocks of text)

5. Colors are totally in flux - hold the vomiting till we have finalized them!

6. Lots of spacing/CSS strangeness - please don't file bugs on this stuff

7. Various empty areas where we haven't done the content yet

PLEASE FILE BUGS/POST HERE FOR:

1. Blatant error messages you get
2. Obviously very broken features or functionality (READ THE ABOVE FIRST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT ALREADY A KNOWN ISSUE)

PLEASE DO NOT POST MESSAGES OR RESPOND WITH:

1. When is [x] going up?
2. This looks like crap! Fix [x]
3. Where did [x] feature go? (read the freaking text above!)
4. Here's my hardcore critique of the design (we haven't finalized a lot yet)
5. I liked the old version better! (this was a rushed release and trust me, we'd prefer to have a few more months to pretty everything up)

Last edited:
ps, wtf, you guys are vultures :p i waited about 10 minutes to post this because we were moving the images over, and in that time we had over 1,000 anime list updates... that was without me even announcing! o_o

Just want to say, good work so far.:smile:
I know it's not better then v2, but you did rush your asses off to get us a safer version ASAP, kudos for that.
Keep up the good work.

PS. Have some coffee :drink::drink:

Just to repeat:
no-new-features.jpg

(actually, I just wanted an excuse to post that pic ;)

If you got 1k responses without an announcement, I wonder how many you'll get now that you've announced?

btw if anyone has extra dollars laying around and would like to help support future development for v3, you can paypal donations to donations@ anime-planet [dot] com XD

WHAT THE FUCK, I LOVE IT and it's not even done yet??? Hahahaha! AWESOME WORK SOTHIS AND TEAM!!!

My favourite parts already:
- the clean feel of the page (colours are so pleasant on the eye)
- the font
- the new search system (although I know it's not 100% done yet)
- the screenshots (bigger and better presentation)

And yeah, after browsing what was done, I went straight to updating my list. :sweat:

I might wait until the "show all" or "my anime" functionality is back before I update. I'm not sure if I can remember which of my series -need- updating. If I can remember which ones need updating though, I might update them later today.

Looking Good, Worthy of a donation........as soon as I get a new job XD

great great, it looks very good even though its not done yet, take your time to put up all the old features, good luck and thanks for the hard work ;)

pd: Had to say this, I love the anime screenshots, I mean its easier to look at them, thanks so much for that its very cool

Awesome! I realized I wasn't really imagining it quite right based on the sneak peek screenshots you posted - looks better than I imagined. Even the ninja scroll skin... I didn't think I was a fan of the green based on the screenshot (but I know you said eventually the choice of skins should come back, so I wasn't worried)... but I actually do like the skin once I see the whole thing.

Very excited to have the site back, even in limited functionality mode. Thanks!! :smile:

Nice one sothis! I appreciate all the hard work you and your team have put in.

I like how on the page of whatever anime I'm viewing you can see instantly whether there are reviews available for it or not, in the top right hand corner. Nice little touch.

Keep up the good work, fellow Ultima fan! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back