Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS

Pidjiken

Derp, thread was needed, I'll update this first post later to be more relevant.

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Semi off-topic

Anyone here a fan of Smash Bros? They've been announcing characters for it when a big game has come out (Pikmin 3 had Olimar, Mario & Luigi Dream Team had Luigi, Windwaker had Toon Link). I'm excited to see who they will be announcing when X and Y come out.

Semi off-topic

Anyone here a fan of Smash Bros? They've been announcing characters for it when a big game has come out (Pikmin 3 had Olimar, Mario & Luigi Dream Team had Luigi, Windwaker had Toon Link). I'm excited to see who they will be announcing when X and Y come out.

I love the Smash Bros series. I'm not as excited about the new one as I have kinda pulled away from the Wii/Wii U. I might get it for the 3DS though.

They had Mewtwo and Lucario already... we don't really know any of the new legendaries, other than the face Pokemon. But I guess they could use Gen V Pokemon... maybe Genesect?

I love the Smash Bros series. I'm not as excited about the new one as I have kinda pulled away from the Wii/Wii U. I might get it for the 3DS though.

They had Mewtwo and Lucario already... we don't really know any of the new legendaries, other than the face Pokemon. But I guess they could use Gen V Pokemon... maybe Genesect?
I'm hoping they bring back Mewtwo. Thanks to his X and Y forms, he has more relevance than returning Lucario to the game. But if they want a completely new pokemon for the roster, I'd say Genesect too if they want a gen V. No idea what would be good for a gen VI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Should make a thread for smash brothers U honestly. I'm fairly pissed they brought back sonic, this means the unbalanced speed issues will likely return.

Should make a thread for smash brothers U honestly. I'm fairly pissed they brought back sonic, this means the unbalanced speed issues will likely return.

I almost died when my friend showed me the Wii Fit Trainer... I'll probably use her. >_>
I'm excited for Mega Man.

Oh snap, just like that! and now my post that says "Semi off-topic" is no longer off topic!

Anyway, putting what i just put in X and Y thread
If you do, I will definitley be talking about it a lot.

But Sonic, yeah. If they didn't bring him back I would have been really let down. Brawl wasn't really there in terms of balance, but Sakurai has said many times over they plan to really focus balance this time around. Sure, a fighting game that's %100 balanced is difficult, but I'm sure they can make it so no one character is overpowered.

I loved the first two games. I don't like Brawl. I won't be getting the new game mostly because I don't have neither a 3DS or Wii U

I liked brawl for 2 reasons. The Story mode addition, and how it played.

I know a lot of people don't but I really enjoyed the story mode. I thought the cut-scenes were amazing and the platformer type levels were fun.

While the gameplay was easy, that opened up for more people to play it. The slow pace compared to Melee made it so just about anyone could win, insted of one person who is clearly better always winning.

Brawl is considered the black sheep. It's fucking awful. I'll go into more detail later but right now I'm setting up a pokemon post.

But yea, fuck brawl.

Yeah, I also enjoyed Brawl...

I'll definitely be getting the new one for the 3DS. I don't have a Wii U yet, but I'll probably get one eventually.

What was wrong with Brawl? x_x

I thought it was good.

The mechanics are bad, it's slow, a lot of cheap moves, has that smash ball, and has tripping.

On the other hand Melee has wavedashing and L-cancelling, and generally better mechanics. My friend and I don't even turn on items, and we have a ton of fun.

The mechanics are bad, it's slow, a lot of cheap moves, has that smash ball, and has tripping.

On the other hand Melee has wavedashing and L-cancelling, and generally better mechanics. My friend and I don't even turn on items, and we have a ton of fun.

I almost never use items for any of the Smash Bros games.
I scoff at items! :P

Brawl is actually broken.

Metaknight can fly infinitely under some stages, and being the most op thing in the game anyone with halfway decent skill with him can get akill then just fly underneath the stage til the timer runs out.

There's also issues with Mr Game and Watch's 9 hammer, as well as the thanks to fucking sonic remapping of character speeds that caqused the entire game to become unbalanced as fuck. Characters with movesets that relied on speed were effectively nerfed to trash because they could no longer work with the new speed level. This is again completely thanks to sonics inclusion, since the condition for having him was he has to be the fastest in the game, so they nerfed everyone for him.

The Brawl competitive scene is almost completely nonexistent, the Pro players all prefer to fall back on melee because even character bans can't save brawl.

Once Metaknight is banned no one can counter Ice climbers, if Ice climbers gets banned as well then no one can counter Olimar, if Olimars banned Diddy dominates, if they go so far as to ban diddy as well then Snake ends up dominating.

The games upper tier list is so unbalanced and individual character based that it's unplayeble in tournaments, which again is why Evo ran SSBM instead of Brawl this year, Pros refused to play Brawl.

Last edited:
Meta Knight was my archnemesis. >_>

I never really played competitively, so I guess that's why I'm so oblivious to Brawl's broken-ness.
But I definitely didn't play Brawl as much as I played Melee either.

I like Brawl. I think it's a good game.

My brother and I have always loved all the games. He likes Melee the most but I really love Brawl. We're really excited about the WiiU/3DS versions. Toon Link's announcement made us more excited. ^_^

Back