HENNEKO - The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat

BrainBlow

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
aka: The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat.

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Figured I'll just post this now, as it starts today.
This is one of the shows I've been looking forward to the most in this season.
It's a light novel adaptation apparently, but if it conducts itself at all like the manga(some screenshots seem to suggest so) then this will be pretty damn sweet.

Now you may ask, "BB, isn't this just some harem-ish series with fanservice, cuties and comedy?"
And I will promptly stare you straight in the eyes and say "yeah, kinda."
Only thing I can say is that it's the characters, and the way it conducts itself that charmed me into submission. It's hard to put my finger on, as it really doesn't seem like anything special on the surface. The MC turns out to be a really funny guy though.
Yes, the MC will be voiced by Yūki Kaji. Take your pointless whining elsewhere.

I'd recommend the manga to pretty much anyone. It's worth it(and it has an English license).

Re: Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

haha i got the feeling it had been released as well as someone i speak to in the Philippines said earlier 'it is on tonight', of course i forgot they are a good 8-9hours ahead of me so i thought it was on tonight... seeing this almost made me think i was missing it D:

You made me think the episode had been released when i saw this thread, then i searched and it wasn't there. Then i remembered it's out tomorrow.

I dislike you massively right now.
Why?
There's literally people whom have started threads for upcoming shows up to a WEEK or more before it starts. At least I have the courtesy to start the thread on the same day as the show is released.
It's only like ten hours or so until it airs in Japan anyways.

That's precisely why!

It's close enough that i was duped into thinking it had been released. I let my excitement get the better of me :crying:
Some amount of time beforehand to discuss and talk is always nice.
And calm your tits. I doubt you even read the manga.
I imagine most people looking forward to it, but whom haven't read the manga merely have "careful optimism" rather than wild excitement, like me.
:cereal:

^i think Bradalee was just having a joke and a laugh :) i seriously doubt he meant he disliked you for making a thread a 10hours before a release :')
Now lets look past them last few posts and just be happy and patient for it's release :) we all are hyped for one reason or another after all ^_^

YES HE DID! HE MEANT IT, AND HURT MY FEELINGS! NEVAR FORGET!

Edit:
Oh cool, Crunchyroll will be streaming it. Nice. That means HorribleSubs.

Last edited:

i normally automatically drop anything with "hentai" or "cat" or any other cheesy name, but since BB gave it so much praise ill give it the obligatory 2 episodes before i drop it. doubt it have a big chance of holding thou.

With those kinds of prejudices I doubt you'd like it even if it ended up universally praised by damn near everyone.

Two episodes?
Oh please, I doubt Azusa Azuki will have been introduced by then.
If this show is a cake, then Azusa is all the delicious strawberry slices at the top, as well as the strawberry jam filling.
Heart attack levels of *HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGH*
kzZEVQA.jpg

hey, im doing you a favor with 2 episodes to begin with, DONT BE GREEDY. beside i dont like strawberry anyway :troll:
but srsly, joking aside, if i see any kind of potential in it and not just a mindless fan service show im willing to give it more than just 2 episodes anyday.

I've seen nothing to indicate it.
Some... lines were a bit questionable, but didn't seem like any trolling.

Anyways.
Seems like Azusa was introduced right off the bat. Huh. I thought for sure the pace would be slower, but oh well.

The episode was... good.
Unfortunately, a lot of the "conduct" isn't there.
That last scene was not as cute and fun as it could have been
ycazntm.jpg

hu0ulpd.jpg

rdgofou.jpg

jfetymh.jpg

hj64rtp.jpg

kkdc14l.jpg

6gth3bz.jpg

dvjhejy.jpg

u8qacqf.jpg
Spot the difference.
One is more charming than the other, dont'cha think?
Still, I found it enjoyable, and it had the important quality of feeling like it didn't drag at all.

Back