unable to watch shows

janlappa

I haven't been able to watch a single show on the website - whenever I click the "videos" page on a specific title it bounces me back to the home page. However, I am able to see the videos on some other shows, is this a regional lockout?

It would help to mention what browser you're using, what region you live in, and some examples of the shows that are redirecting you,

I'm assuming a regional lockout behaves in a certain way, which would answer this question. I live in Finland, I am using firefox, some of the shows I am not able to watch: steins gate, fullmetal alchemist, death note, cowboy bebop - I cannot access the videos page as I am bounced back. However, I can watch hunter x hunter 2011.

This would be because the anime you are trying to access don't have videos on the site. If you look at the watch it online section on Hunter x Hunter 2011 it shows that videos are available however if you look on death note there is no watch it online section, meaning that the site hasn't got videos for these shows. It is normal for you to be redirected as this is the case.

This is an unfortunate known issue that we're working on - the problem is our code that hides the video section if you cant wtach videos in that region is broken, so if you are specifically on an anime entry, you can see a 'videos' nav if we have the videos at all (Even if blocked in your region)

We have an internal bug filed and I'm really sorry about that - the full list of videos available in your region shows up here: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/videos . Steins;Gate, for sure, is through our Hulu partnership which is USA only :(

ok and thanks, now I know that if I get redirected it is indeed a regional lockout so I dont have to wonder about it. .

The main way you can know (without having to click) is if you are able to see a section with the videos themselves in the entry. so you mentioned that you can watch HXH 2011, right?

https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/hunter-x-hunter-2011

this means you are probably able to see a slider with 3 episode thumbnails underneath the synopsis/"my list" area, right? the section heading says "Watch online now".

There's no bug with that part of the system, so if you don't see any videos on the entry pages, but you do see a 'videos' navigation link, there is a 100% chance it will not work. Instead, look for the slider with the thumbnails, and you can then click the 'see all videos' button there to see them all (or, use anime-planet.com/anime/videos to see all of them, etc)

again, i do apologize for the bug on this

Back