Can I export my anime list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gyges

I only see an 'import list' button, but no way that I can find to export. Is this function available?

Thanks,
Gyges

This is an often asked question/requested feature. the answer is no, it's not currently possible.
What you can do in the meantime though is log out, then go & view your list. When you view your list while logged out, you can easily highlight, copy, and paste the whole thing into a text file.
While this solution is far from ideal, at least it's an effective way to make a backup of your lists, until such time as an export feature does get added. (To the best of my knowledge, there are no immediate plans to add it, but it might get added at some point in the future.)

export will be added eventually, sometime after the redesign. because we're moving up the launch date of the redesign it's unlikely that export will come in the very next wave after that (as we were originally planning), but yes, planned eventually

We don't currently have an ETA - we've designed how it'll work but the priority is lower than some of the other major feature work right now (like the forum/site merge, which is next)

The recent maintenance downtime reminded me, I really want this feature for backup purposes. Isn't it possible to make something modest like a CSV of it?

What does it take to be a priority?

I mean, I do a lot of backup for any of my projects, just in case as always. And I do think you do some sort of backup somewhere (I hope?), but it would be a lot more comforting to have our own backup. Especially when we have taken years to build up our list... like you do for the entire database. I mean, it'll be really painful to do the same, in matters of time consuming, on another database who does have this feature. Especially when I prefer the design and the navigation of Anime-Planet...

I feel that the system is designed for the user to get trapped in animeplanet , since if you want data to move to mal or back this create a huge problem, for animeplanet. personally though i like this platform which have better design and navigation. Though the reason I want to go to mal since there repository is bigger they have many manga/anime which are new(manga) or obsecure(manga/anime),which are nowhere on this site, and that kinds of pisses me off. And we can clearly see animeplanet just don't care about export option since they have just deleted the coming soon option that was appearing earlier, seriously speaking if they wanted to create export option it could have done relatively easy being a developer I can say so.Therefore the only reason I can think is they are either not motivated enough or they just plainly want to trap the user here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back