SKET-dance

Etue

[sadht]sket-dance[/sadht][sadhl=3701]sket-dance[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Ep 1.
Sket- dance isn't a dancing anime, it looks interesting and the first episode was rather fun in my opinion.
The main cast is introduced by a new student joining the school, this gives a rather realistic introduction to the characters I don't often see in other school anime. Also; The brawler girl is love, she just is. The other characters I can give less about.

It's an ok show i guess can't really give my opinion on 1 episode. I really enjoyed MM and Ookami-san which was also about helping clubs tough Sket seems a bit (just a little bit) more serious ;).

Ep1.I really like this.The characters all seem fresh and active!And in the first episode I liked the little twist there.And was it just me or did that student's Teppei VA was Shinpachi from Gintama?Anyways you should all give this a try it's really fun to watch!

Ep2
Another fun episode.I was kind of disappointed about how they censor girl's underwear.Especially when Himeko hanged over a window in which 99% of animes you'd see that the skirt would flow up and you would see the underwear but here the skirt unnaturally covered everything up and didn't show the underwear and I was like WTF!Then again It's nice to see a change for a bit,It's like a fresh breath of air but still I wanted to see >.< Especially because she was in a cheerleeder's clothes.

I'm surprised that no one watches this show,It's really good because It's a bit different from your usual school club anime's.

ep 2.

I still watch it but, this episode felt like 2 lose episodes and felt rather rushed, still watching it though. But it just wasn't remarkable enough to comment on in this thread, I felt.

I'm watching first episode as I type this, I just decided to type it now so I wouldn't have to later. (^_^)\/

I have about 5-7 minutes left in the first episode and so far it does seem like a good series, the 'fight' made things seem like they may be over exaggerated but whatever, I can live with that and I like this type of animation, so it has potential for me to stick with it.

Ep3. It's a good anime and It did a good job on keeping me interested for all 3episodes.

When the three yankees stole Himeko's Cyclone,why did she let them walk behind her?Even if she was unarmed she could've used that embarrassing stick.She probably wouldn't have been captured if she didn't let them walk behind her and grab her from behind,it was like a wtf moment to me.Well the three yankees and Momoko decided to worship Himeko since she let them go and didn't beat the crap out of them,which disappointed me a bit but it's ok.And by the way if someone didn't get it the three yankee's names had animal words in them,so their characters were animal-like too.

Ep 1:

This is quite fun to watch. The comedy isn't particularly intelligent of anything, but it's funny enough.

Other than the comedy... this IS actually quite intelligent. I was honestly surprised when the culprit's identity was revealed, the show totally fooled me into believing that it's incapable of twists like that.
Not a favourite, but still a sure watch.

all i have to say about this one is that: Himeko looked hot in cheerleader uniform... well thats it, really not much, i think i'm gonna drop it...

i've got through the first two eps... it isn't horrible it's pretty mediocre over all.

the best character in the show is Onihime... one of the better female characters i've seen this season (maybe even on par with Ohana)... unfortunately she really isn't enough to carry this one by herself.

I'll find my way to watching the other eps, but this one seems to be struggling with the humor (and for a humor anime, for the jokes to fail to crack a smile, that's a big issue)

edit: ep 4 was the first fairly funny ep of this anime. i laughed most of the way through. this anime is much funnier when it's breaking the 4th wall.

Last edited:
Ep 6.
Etue found this the most enjoyable episode yet, very good with all the prior characters making an appearance, pointing out their ridiculousness perfectly.

you're right.. ep 6 was pretty funny... the delusional Shojou manga/anime fan cracks me up... this was a good ep. cracked me up.

Seems to be finding it's footing a bit more... still 2 out of 6 eps being funny isn't a great track record for a comedy anime... hope it gets better.

episode 4... Warning: this anime is Sket Dance.

manga girl was awesome, and the joe kisaragu running gag is funny. the show that practically knows it's a show always cracks me up.

Ep 6. Pretty emotional episode.Too bad we didn't get to see the Snow White play.From the rehearsing it could've been really good.

just powered through episodes 5-7.... i enjoy the show, but without an overlying plot the episodic nature just makes it good, not great.

meet new character, solve problem in way that was not obvious in 15 min; occasionally dip into character from previous stories.

repeat every 15 minutes of viewing.

no sports festival, no culture fest, no summer vacation, no hot springs episode; what kind of school anime is this?

So I stalled out on episode 3 of this. Someone tell me in a non-spoiler manner how it's going, please?

it's off and on. Sometimes it's rather funny. mostly it's actually pretty dull and boring.

The humor is best when this show breaks the 4th wall... most of the characters aren't particularly interesting as they mostly seem to be caricatures for humor sake, and unfortunately the joke is beaten over your head every second they're on screen, so whatever humor they might have had is quickly exhausted.

even the "drama" is campy/corny. I've been on the edge of dropping this one for weeks now, but since it airs on a night i usually watch anime i've been watching it mostly out of habit. This is just pulling a 1.5 out of me at the moment; which makes it hands down the worst anime i'm watching right now; hell i dropped two anime i thought were better this season.

Back