Date A Live

Dreador

[sadht]Date A Live[/sadht][sadhl]date-a-live[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Couldn't resist watching the raw nico stream and adding the characters to the DB ;) seems interesting from what I could understand in Japanese (surprising what I could make out even though I haven't actually bothered learning anything); looking forward to some subs being available though.

If nico's get subbed it's watchable but small. Most will probably want to wait for next week when it airs properly on the 6th.

Last edited:
i don't bother with these streams anyway, the TV version will only be aired anyway (its like RDG, people watch the web stream but they got to wait till the TV versions catch up anyway so in all they wait longer and gain little from it), so yeah im waiting for tv. As for the show it's self, actually if im honest, i read nothing at all to do with it, im just watching it when it starts simply because i can and i feel like it... can't deny it might not be anything good but half my anime list started this way and some was fun, otherwise most my spring watch list is like this anyway .__.

Episode 1:

tumblr_mcoj18Vmo61qmsrb7.gif

:cereal::cereal::cereal::cereal:
:yunoguy::yunoguy::yunoguy::yunoguy:
:@_@::@_@::@_@::@_@:

I don't even...

Ok. Let’s get this straight… this is by no means anything more than retarded harem with one of those premises that trick you into thinking that there might be something more. Don’t be fooled! Bitched be jumping on mc’s dick from the second episode onward, and frankly that is the point of this shit. I guarantee that. For now we have how many? Three! Hey. Don’t turn around already. I’m sure there’ll be at least 5 more till we reach the end. But for now it’s his sister, (kewl plot twist: it turned out she doesn’t want his dick… that much), his friend that swings both ways (obligatory yaoi flavor) and that silver haired chick in battle suit (kawai).

Hey. Want to hear something even more retarded? As it turned out his fourteen year old cock-hungry sister is actually commander of a fucking anti-spirit battleship. :pokerface: Whoa. Still not impressed? Then you probably will be when I tell you that all those explosion thingies were caused by half naked, hot chicks that fall down on the earth, FROM SPACE, and apparently they are also conscious, intelligent species that are afraid of us or some shit like that (3deep5me). Un-fucking believable. Genius writing right there. (makes me wonder if author mistook spirits for something else)

If there was enough shameless ecchi I’d watch this. Fuck. I’d watch the shit of this. I’d replay it two times a day just to laugh how retarded it could get. But sadly, there just isn’t enough fanservice or retarded humor to keep me here.

I don’t feel masochistic enough to suffer through this. You’re on your own, in case someone actually decides to watch this…

it's The World God Only Knows. except stupider. I didn't know that was possible, but there you go. I'm not gonna put myself through this one.

I dunno, I think you guys are all mistaken here. I mean, just look at this quote from a MAL Review:

Felli_Loss_12 said:
Please Don't Judge an anime just because of its Genre, Date a Live is actually a pretty good anime well It hasn't been released yet

Well there you go.

I'm not touching this unless it turns out to be the most awesome thing ever.

If this turns out to be the most awesome thing ever, I am telling no one to prevent the spreading of the hype. That way, by the time you DO watch it, I can be all, "Pfft, you're just NOW watching it? Lame. I watched it, like, forever ago."

------

I'll be watching this because it's right up my genre alley, but not until the week it actually starts (looks like the preair was subbed recently?).

^yeah the net streams are being subbed but they are for most. I still will try it... even if its crap i said i would and i will at least try a few episodes when it starts airing (TV releases).

Not sure what the fuss is, I watched the first episode and it didn't seem that bad of a setup. Looks quite interesting.

Going to follow this for a bit and see how it goes.

Not sure what the fuss is, I watched the first episode and it didn't seem that bad of a setup. Looks quite interesting.

Going to follow this for a bit and see how it goes.

web stream or tv version?
Actually i think Hadena posted it up earlier, maybe when i get home tomorrow i will have a look at and see if it's people just being pessimistic or if in fact it is crap... well it's to late for me, early day tomorrow .__.
But yeah i never judge by one episode alone anyway.

Yeah, I'm awaiting the tv broadcast. Should be able to get access to higher quality streams, plus I hated how I had to endure two or whatever weeks it was when Accel World had its two preair episodes together. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for another protagonist to save the world/his life by wooing a girl.

I guess it's what I get for checking out series that aren't in my genres :/ but we're in a bit of a dry spell atm, all my series just ended or are about to and the new ones haven't aired yet :crying: so I decided to give it a shot

I remember the synopsis saying that this guy needs to date chicks to save the world.

I'm not here for plot, I'm not here for depth, I'm not even here for clever writing. Just some hur-hur moments, fanservice, harem antics that make you cringe and that's about it. My expectations are low but I mean, the premise! It has every right to be a fistful of boobs and nothing more.

On the AP-Image, there's chicks and... I think that's a dude, way in the back. Kinda shoehorned in there, like he was a last minute addition.

So you're watching it, Thrawn? If you're in maybe I'll try it after all, if only for the weekly post madness.

web stream or tv version?
Actually i think Hadena posted it up earlier, maybe when i get home tomorrow i will have a look at and see if it's people just being pessimistic or if in fact it is crap... well it's to late for me, early day tomorrow .__.
But yeah i never judge by one episode alone anyway.

Web stream, just checking it out. I mean hell, this seems to be kind of like Sekirei with the protagonist needing to not just collect but date em all. Sounds entertaining.

Collecting :megusta:

So you're watching it, Thrawn? If you're in maybe I'll try it after all, if only for the weekly post madness.

Absolutely! It's bound to be mediocre, filled with harem antics and the obligatory fanservice episodes. All the stuff that makes me watch a show I've never heard of.

See, Thrawn understands why this show needs to be watched. All you haters have no taste.

*high five*

*High fives*

haha amazing how so much hate turned around so fast.
Well my friend watched it, he said it is enjoyable but as from a mans eyes (we all know what he's getting at). I will continue waiting on the TV releases but i still intend to give it a go.

i think Thrawn has the right idea, a lot curse these for being stupid or whatever but as Thrawn said we aren't here for plot, some weird harem fanservice compiled with other stuff is our focus so lets judge how it turns out from that ^__^ ok if it's still crap, feel free to rage but otherwise think ^^

Back