Video Girl AI

see, its confusing because they don't really say anything. yuta is saying a monologue, it shows that pendelum going back and forth, then it stops and he says something like "it was great... but then, it went back to normal". and the credits roll. the tone and choice of words makes me think that everything was happy and they were together, but then he was back in reality without her.

they do show ai and yuta his friends walking around, happy, but it's unclear if she's real or if its scenes from the past.

also, wtf? why has no one made a kimi ga nozomu eien <--> video girl ai vote except me so far? :p it's incredibly similar as far as the REALISTIC sadness involving romances, love triangles that aren't based straight out of a harem series, etc.

Well you have to keep on mind that VGAI OVA only shows what happens in the first short arc of VGAI manga, which continues from the events seen in the ending of the OVA for so long that when manga finally ends, what was seen in the OVA is almost meaningless. If you liked the OVA I strongly suggest you to read the manga since you get to see how the characters slowly maturate, but if you dont want to bother with it, the answer is (big spoiler of DOOM)

After the events shown in the OVA she is still a videogirl and the guy that created AI is not defeated, like in the OVA, so he has still means to claim back AI. But yeah at the end of the manga, she becomes human, or better said, stops being a videogirl and can stay with Yota forever)

I haven't seen all the anime yet as I only have two volumes, but I do recommend the manga as well(which Viz is finally continuing long after MP finished it). It goes much further than the anime. There are about 13 volumes if memory serves. You're right on the realism between Kiminozu.

God yes, read the manga! Masakazu Katsura is a geeeeeeeeenius!

And Katsura, if you're listening, START A NEW SERIES ALREADY! WE NEED YOU!

And Katsura, if you're listening, START A NEW SERIES ALREADY! WE NEED YOU!

Yeah =/ what in the world happened to him? Its been like 5 years since I''s :crying:

At the very least, somebody needs to license the I"s manga and get it rolling off the presses over here. Hell, most publishers could probably get it all the way published before Viz ever finishes with VGAi.... :...: *kicks Viz in the nutsack*

From the AnimeonDVD forum manga section:

"A lot of below-the-waist nudity was covered up in the later editions. For example, there's a panel in Vol. 3 where Ai is standing naked in some water and the water was made higher. There's a panel of a naked Ai hooked up to some machinery and more machinery was added to cover up her crotch. Panties were also added to some panels that didn't have them originally. A couple of pages were removed from Vol. 5 (of a seduction scene between a video girl and a male student) which was probably the biggest edit.

In this case, though, it wasn't Viz that did the editing; later printings of the manga were censored in Japan."

Well, I don't like that it was edited, but at least those don't really sound like terribly drastic changes. VGAi is great whether I can see Ai's crotch or not ;). It is ridiculous and asinine that they edited it, but there are much worse ways they could have changed it, so... I guess this is a rare instance of me focusing on the positive in something... ^_^

The message I got from the peli-in-the-sky was read the manga, but he always says that. Seemed a typical rapid-end-ova thing to me, and is apparently completely different in 'the real thing'.

Rar

Back