To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

Episode 1

The ED was actually even more intense than the episode itself. The episode it's was a bit doubtful in places however it wasn't the worst re-introductory episode. The side characters are still the same, which means they aren't very amazing. The two girls that we didn't see before are currently just two good girls that we haven't seen before, not much to them. The scene were Saten was chased was amazingly pointless, only meant to have Misaka be herself but it pulled off producing a nice action scene while introducing the characters again.

i was looking forward to this show but it seems it have prequels. do i have to watch the previous ones or are they independent? cus if they arent i would start right away otherwise ill have to postpone it till i have the time to actually run through them.

Huh.
Now I all of a sudden like that hentai CG involving Misaki having bad stuff done to her against her will.
I can't stand her guts already.

Oh, Yomikawa, now I remember. The only reason I give two shits about her is because Accelerator ends up living at her place.

That one guard at the hospital was reading My little sister can't be this cute.
Episode was "eh, fair enough."
Although that last part with Touma pisses me off, as I thought in the PVs that it was relevant to the sisters arc, which it turns out to not be now.
Also: Best freaking half a second in the entire episode:
efMzl7z.png
:love::love::love::love::love:

You can easily watch Railgun without watching Index. You may not get a few little jokes or references but most of the show is self-contained, so you won't miss much by not having seen Index.

You will need to watch the first Railgun before you start with the new series though.
I dropped Railgun like a rock when I first tried it. It was the first series in the franchise I tried.
I honestly didn't find it watchable before seeing Index.
Watching this season of Railgun without seeing Index is in the end not going to work out too well though in any case.

I missed this, all the way down to the granny-voice. Guess I should continue reading the Light Novels soon, I think I'm almost 1/3 of the way through them.

Seriously, only Index/Railgun would have 38 Light Novel volumes and counting, holy shit.

I missed this, all the way down to the granny-voice. Guess I should continue reading the Light Novels soon, I think I'm almost 1/3 of the way through them.

Seriously, only Index/Railgun would have 38 Light Novel volumes and counting, holy shit.
If you're referring to Railgun, it was created independently from the Light Novels. The first season can essentially be considered mostly filler.
Misaka basically got her own manga spin-off, which itself came after the first anime.

^There are currently 3 Railgun Side Story Light Novel Volumes.

The two girls that we didn't see before are currently just two good girls that we haven't seen before, not much to them.

They are from the first season of railgun.
Remember, the kids that were put into permanent sleep due to an experiment with "esper crystals" or something, and the one girl that could occasionally hear her friend among them telepathically and caused earthquakes? That's them.

[sadht=A Certain Scientific Railgun S]To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S[/sadht]

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Figured seeing as there isn't a thread i should make one, seeing as i'm a giant fanboy and what not.

Episode 1:

Well fuck me, that was pure awesome. Loved every second of it. It's so good to finally have this show back, and with a good episode as well.

Well, Misaki Shokuhou seems like a pretty cool rival for Misaka. It was pretty badass how she controlled everyone in the library like that, hopefully we get an awesome battle between the two at some point. Well between Misaka and Shokuhou+whoever, seeing as she admits she couldn't beat Misaka on her own!

The scene with Kuroko and Misaka in the air was amazing, seeing Misaka falling to the ground while firing her railgun was cool as fuck. I thought that scne looked cool from the PV we saw, and it didn't disappoint.

The lovely Uiharu (i might be the only one who loves her) was great too, especially at the start when Kuroko teleported her to the alley and she fell on her arse. That was gold. Kuroko was the same pervy Kuroko we know and love and Saten still has a girl crush on Misaka. We even saw Touma at the end there, i wonder how big his part in this season will be, seeing as he got a pretty nice shot in the ED too.

Oh, and i can't wait for Accelerator to show up :love:

Yeah it was great and I think this was to help out anyone who needed reminding so even though I thought it was a great first episode not everyone will but it will only get better. There however was a major concern but considering its clear no one reads the manga or the light novels of index I will just shut up. This series is a spin off of the most popular light novel in Japan for good reason and anyone who hasn't seen the first will really miss out by not watching this. Big fan of all the to aru series so I couldn't be more happy to see this series get attention again the good news is two seasons so far so it shouldn't disappoint. :love:

This and Kyojin should be the best action anime this season unless you adore mecha well if they both go according to the manga they certainly will be. As for types of action Kyojin will be the serious and tragic type while this will be lighter be with serious undertones but nothing too dark. I think this covers all the anime this season now so hopefully this should help anyone pick out the anime they want to watch for this season. :smile:

Everything I wanted to say is pretty much covered already.

oh except did anyone else notice that the security guard was reading oreimo :P

Is that Index or Railgun you're reading at the moment? And what part of the story are you up to? If you're beyond the anime then don't bother with details!

Index, I've just finished where the 2nd season stopped. The Railgun volumes are just sidestories, so I haven't gotten to them yet. I'll probably read them once I'm done with all the main volumes of index, but before the sequel based around Accelerator (Author knows his audience).

I've been wondering whether I should either watch this as it airs, or wait until it's finished and marathon it all.

I always seem to enjoy anime more when I watch the whole thing back-to-back, i.e. Mondaiji-tachi.

It was alright.

This Queen of Tokiwadai seems like she'll give plenty of trouble... manipulation skills are always interesting, but considering what she did efforftlessly in this episode I fear she might be too OP to work logically in the story. I mean, she can cover herself with ten ''willing'' hostages while having another twenty hunting for your blood, and knowing Misaka she obviously wouldn't want to kill any of those. Just protect that manipulating device well and it's hard to think of a losing scenario... especially if she's allied with another strong-looking esper like this red/brown-head in the opening.

Last edited:
Back