Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru

Menchi

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru aka Betrayal Knows My Name

See the entry for screenshots, description, reviews etc!

So we'll start watching UraBoku with a buddy group tomorrow, and I'm hoping that as the series progresses, my prehudices will be proven wrong... Or that my tastes are not the same as those of the general public, as the series has evoked quite crushing opinions ^^

First impressions of the first 2 eps will be posted tomorrow! :)

my first buddy-group watch, YAY!

Ep1
seems interesting so far.
Ep2
Hot Guy in Glasses!? KYYYAA-*shot*
well sorry for having megane-fetish*dies*

seriously though, I think this is looking pretty good so far, not that original maybe, but really, most things has been done before so to create something very original is kinda hard. so if not judged on it's originality I think this'll be an enjoyable watch. unless the maincharacter takes too long to accept his situation, since such things often annoys me, like face it already! well, hopefully he won't take too long to do so.

Last edited:
I also liked the glasses-dude, but for a little different reason: he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu :love:

But yeah, so far so good, it's getting interesting... but kind of seen before and predictable. Yep I too hope that the boy wont be too emo and naïve and be like "oh no, but I'm only an ordinary boy and don't know why I was born because my parents didn't want me" for the entire series xD

The art is pretty, though, just the way I like it, very soft and harmonic. But, again, am I starting to see this style too much these days? :/

A good start for a (hopefully good) serie. So far, the series feels a bit like X Tv to me, flashbacks included :P. I hope a little more plot will be shown though, cause so far it's too generic for my taste.

after watching ep3-4
it seems Yuki are going to stop being emo from now on, hope I'm right. I like the series so far otherwhise, so if the maincharacter stops being emo I don't think I'll have anything against this.

Well, at least we can say they at least don't make you wait for the main character to make up his mind(We'll be going to Tokyo at last!). To be perfectly honost, I don't really care for Yuki. More Luca, that I wouldn't mind :)

Oh my gosh... I watched ep 4 today, I'm a little behind, but honestly I thought I was gonna spew out my intestines when watching, it's so incredibly cheesy! I seriously started thinking about playing a drinking game while watching; take a sip everytime there's some totally overused scene, and you'll be drunk in no time :P

Like reaching out for a hand to hold but ever so gently hesitating before taking it, like people pickering each other and another person starting to giggle at them and then they all start laughing..... Oh, come ON! I'm really hoping there'll be some improvement on the cheesy factor here, otherwise it'll be a real pain for me trying to digest this series -.-

Hehe,
+1 to that.

EPISODE 6
Altough I didn't mind the scene where Yuki and Hotsuma almost got overrun by ghouls where Luca just jumped in (Boom, owned. +1 to Luca(The summoning part was a bit overkill though, I mean, why do that? You could've used those fancy effects for something more appropriate(Hotsuma's sword, for example))).

What do you guys think of the "chibi moments"? I love those randomly thrown in fun moments, but maybe they're using them a bit too much. Just my thought.

There's a couple of characters from this buried in the Help Needed subforum of the Characters section, if y'all could check it out when you get far enough along, that'd be swell.

I'm kinda glad that I'm not as sensitive to cheezyness (meaning it merely ever manage to ruin a show for me) as many others here.
ep7
lol, I laughed at several points of this episode.
ep8
wow, Luka's such a show of, heh?

Luca and Dr. Confrontations are the best :D

3 Mid-villain Appeared:

I choose you, Luca!

It's super effective!

Mid villain faints.

Sorry, had to do that :P

At the moment, the only characters I care about are Luca, Luca& that doctor guy(the doctor guy alone is kinda boring) and the first Zweilt pair. Not really caring about the rest. Who do you guys want to see in the spotlights some more?

Btw, I'm writing this as I'm watching ep 8, how are the rest of you doing? I'm 2 episodes behind schedule.

I'v watched up to ep8 (which I watched yesterday). so I'm also two eps behind the originally intended shedule. I'm interested in most characters... except the main (Yuki) lol. I like the Doctor, and the manager too (ep7 is my fav ep so far. I actually laughed at several points). and the black, winged pickachu-I mean Sodom, just 'cause he's cute.

I've watched up to 12 now(I know I'm a bit behind) and ?I find myself more interested with the Duras side than I do with the "Yuki" side. I know that's a bit lame, but at least they don't have people who are going to cry if something doesn't go the way they had envisioned it.

funny how you manage to be just as 'behind' as me X3 I also just finished ep12. I'm fairly interested in the "Yuki" side, but not so much in Yuki himself.

Damn I need to catch up just to be as behind as you two :D I just watched ep 10. I can just say awwww... for what happened there. By the way, Hotsuma & Shusei is my favourite "couple" ^^

Ashley was so annoying, but I like her gothic lolita style and bishounen obsession :D

yeah, Shusei has picked my interest so that I want to know more about him.
by the way, do anyone here think that anyone was actually surprised that Reiga was who he was (as we se in ep12)? like, that was so obvious really.

No, wasn't really a big surprise there :)

Episode 13:
Weeeheeee, dragons! Seriously though, I loved that fight. And Yuki actually did something. Sure, it wasn't much, but he did something(after that he started whining again, but hey, we know his character now)!

Episode 14:
Sodom: ....... WHAT.... THE..... F*CK?! No seriously, wtf?
Yuki: Please, someone shoot him. It won't harm the plot, that's something I'm sure of. I'm starting to like Hotsuma. Shusei... Not so much. He's showing too much "Yukiness".

ep13
yeah, that fight was cool! but did I can't remember Yuki really 'doing something' and I just watched those two episodes... remind me?
I like Takashiro X3 even without the glasses he's cool and I do too like his voice.

ep14
I like human-ish Sodom, he's cute! but Shusei was a bit disapointing. I thought he would have a more interesting reason for wanting to die. and new characters, yay! I wonder what kind of people they are... that we will hopefully get to see in ep15

Here's what Yuki did:
He healed! He healed shusei. Omg, he actually healed! While there were people fighting! He didn't whine, he didn't cry. He healed!

After he was done, he started doing what he normally does. Exactly, you guessed right: He started crying.

Oh, and about Shusei's reason: I didn't really think he'd have a plot thicker than... Hotsuma.. Or Sodom... Or some random bystander... Yea, I don't like Shusei. I think he's my least favourite character. I already like the new dudes, I hope they get a bit of storytime.

Here's what Yuki did:
He healed! He healed shusei. Omg, he actually healed! While there were people fighting! He didn't whine, he didn't cry. He healed!

After he was done, he started doing what he normally does. Exactly, you guessed right: He started crying.

Oh, and about Shusei's reason: I didn't really think he'd have a plot thicker than... Hotsuma.. Or Sodom... Or some random bystander... Yea, I don't like Shusei. I think he's my least favourite character. I already like the new dudes, I hope they get a bit of storytime.

oh... yeah, you're right, he did do that!

and while I didn't expect Shusei's 'plot' to really be thicker than Hotsuma's I still thought he'd have some other reason for wanting to die, than the one he did, and the reason he ended up having disapointed me.

Back