Zone of the Enders Idolo

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Masakari, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Masakari

Masakari Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer

Zone of the Enders: Idolo

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just started watching ZOE Dolores, i... And I must ask, does anyone know why the mecha in this universe have their cockpits positioned between their legs so it looks like they have a 15 foot erect penis all the time? I mean, I can speculate as much as the next guy, does anyone per chance have some info on the rationale behind this design? It looks really out of place and strange, especially on the feminine Dolores.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  2. Aydan

Aydan New Member

Posted by Aydan on Jun 26, 2005
    I like the design, if the mech blows up the cockpit drops away saving the pilot.

ZOE is one..... well you'll see. At least we don't have a teen-age boy with personal problems and bad hair in the pilot seat.

3. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

I've heard form friends that it was originally a joke by the mecha designer, but apparently it earned points, so... :sweat:

4. holyzeon

holyzeon Guest

Re: Zone of the Enders question

Hideo Kojima, enough said.

5. RecklessAngel

RecklessAngel New Member

perhaps it was simply a way of making their Mecha stand out from the rest?

also.. it's only the metatron mechas (orbital frames) that look like that... the other ones look ordinary.
    the only thing I don't like with the look is ... when they're flying, I wouldn't want to sit in there if there's an outcropping in the way. castration...
    and that enemies can shoot the cockpit without trouble from pretty much anywhere, except from behind and slighty above. *shrugs*

and remember kids.. it's in this order:

Z.O.E. OVA.
    Z.O.E. (Game 1 - PS 2)
    Z.O.E. Dolores
    Z.O.E. The Second Runner (game 2 - PS 2)

there's also a GBA game, which I'm not sure when it's played out. it plays like Advance Wars anyway.. kind of fun, kind of boring).

6. Masakari

Yeah, I've only seen the first DVD so far, but it's REALLY nice to see an anime action/adventure show where the lead isn't a whiny insecure teen.

7. Tellu54

Tellu54 New Member

Wow, that'd be good.
    Have to check that out then. :P

I'm getting sick of animes where the characters are younger than I am.

8. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

Well in this case, we have a loud, beer-belly, semi-overconfident old guy who's insecure about his family. ^^b Gimme Kira Yamato any day.

9. Kerghan

Kerghan New Member

Which is far more realist then a kid piloting an equvalent of a jet fighter today. I dunno about you, but i dont know how to pilot one, and i doubt i would suddenly learn how to pilot one if i was put inside one =P

Also what happened to your shinn fandom =P

10. Althalus

Althalus Guest

From what I can remember of the show there were some others that also looked remotly like that. You know, the white ones from that organisation.. Didn't they have the same strecture with the 15 foot of erected penis as a cockpit? :@_@:

11. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

Kerg: Why can't a kid pilot a fighter jet?

The only reason I didn't say Shinn was because then the debate over Shinn might have spread to this thread too. =p

12. Masakari

Yes, other mecha in ZOE also have the penis-like cockpit. I only brought up Dolores as an example.

And Shinji, no offense to Kira or any other of his ilk, I gotta say that after seeing 50 different animes where the main character is an insecure male 12-18 year old who has great power/ability but is insecure and is trying to wrestle with his personal doubts in himself and THE HORRIBLE DARK SECRET FROM HIS PAST, and later learns to draw power and confidence from the fact that HE HAS PEOPLE HE WANTS TO PROTECT, I'd welcome ANY change in protagonist. Hell, give me an incontinent senile 95-year old woman who battles demons with a frying pan. What can I say, I like variety.

13. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

James is still loud. =p Lol (Not that I don't like him, mind you, but I guess I'm a bit stuck on tradition in this case ^^b )

14. Aydan

Aydan New Member

Posted by Aydan on Jun 27, 2005
    A kid right? One between 7-15? Think of it this way, they are not even allowed to drive a car let alone something that cost millions and is made to kill people. Only the best of the best get to fly a modern jet fighter (F15,16,18,22 etc.).

15. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

Yeah, I know Aydan. ^^b In normal circumstances that would be so, but James doesn't meet Dolores through normal circumstances.

16. Aydan

Aydan New Member

Posted by Aydan on Jun 27, 2005
    OMG it's ANIME made up/not real. There is nothing normal about it.

17. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

That's what I mean. ^^b