Da Capo III

Zaig

Da Capo III
(a.k.a. D.C.III ~Da Capo III~)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Time to start over all again and return to Da Capo! The raw is out, and now we wait for the subs. Not the most popular series, I'll admit, but I've taken quite a liking to Da Capo, as it's in my top 10 anime series and the visual novels are my favorite. Since this is a completely new series, not a new season, you do not need to watch Da Capo or Da Capo II to understand this.

EDIT: Looks like a special, full-length pre-air episode aired right before the first episode. It's currently not subbed, but it seems to serve as both a Da Capo III cast introduction as well as a music-ranking episode showing all of the previous Da Capo, Da Capo Second Season, Da Capo II, and Da Capo II Second Season opening and ending themes.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this :D Watched em all from including specials and time paladin sakura haha so no problem for me here! Guess I gota finish up my Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari marathon soon so I can watch this as soon as it's subbed.

As for opening songs some series don't put their new OP/ED till ep2 so hopefully that's the case here. The VN opening music would be nice :)

As for opening songs some series don't put their new OP/ED till ep2 so hopefully that's the case here. The VN opening music would be nice :)

ANN showed a preview for the opening, and unfortunately Da Capo III doesn't appear to be using its awesome visual novel opening for its anime opening. If anyone would like to listen to the incredible visual novel opening for comparison, it's currently sitting in my profile. >D

I'm going to watch this despite not being blown away by the previous seasons to say the least. I'm more doing this for the simple fact that this is the longest running harem anime at this point in time. Who doesn't want to have that in their anime medal collection?

I'm interested to see if the story connects to the prior ones in any way. Maybe it's going to get as silly as da capo II in regards to character relations. xD

Indubitably.

Last edited:
Ep0 special
Haha the never aging Suginami in it again that guy has never graduated. XD Betting Sakura makes a return as the headmaster too :P

Ep0 special
Haha the never aging Suginami in it again that guy has never graduated. XD Betting Sakura makes a return as the headmaster too :P

Spoilers for the end of the second season of Da Capo II-

Suginami is forever young and hilarious! >D But didn't Sakura give her life in an attempt to stop the magical sakura tree from continuously granting wishes, both good and bad? I have a feeling she's going to show up in Da Capo III, though I wonder why/how.

Spoilers for the end of the second season of Da Capo II-

Suginami is forever young and hilarious! >D But didn't Sakura give her life in an attempt to stop the magical sakura tree from continuously granting wishes, both good and bad? I have a feeling she's going to show up in Da Capo III, though I wonder why/how.

I thought she sacrificed herself but there was a hint of her after the ending, it has been a while so I may have imagined it. They brought the tree back to life again and she is linked to it so reckon she will be back somehow, there is magic involved so though some crazy reasoning :P

Last edited:
Episode 1:

That was a bouncy episode and a lot of talking breasts. I'm not too bothered by this episode since we are introduced to all the characters and stuff again. However it feels like the pre-airing special pretty much spoiled the whole episode from the get-go.

I got that impression too from the first episode, don't remember the other Da Capo's being quite so bouncy.
Also during that episode if it was realistic, the mobile phone message from 1951 would have been from one of those huge brick things as the first mobiles had only just been invented a few years before. XD

Also during that episode if it was realistic, the mobile phone message from 1951 would have been from one of those huge brick things as the first mobiles had only just been invented a few years before. XD

I'm also pretty sure that text messages on the phone weren't invented yet. Or were they?

I can't remember ever texting something on the home phone even after it stopped having those rotating things.

Last edited:
Haha probably not the first mobiles were literally huge phones with batterys attached so you could only make calls. Texts are much more recent, dunno when they first started though.

Yeah, there's a lot of characters with big busts in this series for some reason.

I somewhat recall the characters in the previous Da Capo making calls with normal flip-phone cellphones. As for texts, they sent those with magic, even though they weren't invented yet.

Curse you, Dreador! While I was busy adding the characters, you went ahead of me to become the first person to add Rikka MORIZONO | Characters | Anime-Planet to their “like” list. >_<

Episode 1

Doesn't look like the island has changed much in the past century, but since it's been quite a while since Da Capo II Second Season, the advances in definition and animation quality really stood out to me.

Lol Bunk beds? Now those were too out of place. When Kiyotaka got up from bed, I really thought he was going to hit his head on the top because that would happen to me from time to time - either way, he suffered a close call. His apartment looks to be wayyy too small for two people. Junichi/Yoshiyuki in the first/second series basically had a whole house to themselves (while sharing with Nemu/Sakura), and now this new protagonist has to share a cramped apartment with someone.

And who we were all expecting showed up: Sakura! I wonder what will be the strange, new pet she will have around with her constantly. =P

@Character page update:

Ah, the characters page showed that the imouto doesn't have the same last name as our
beloved main character, she looks like Nemu V 4.0 so I'll be betting on her winning.

What? It worked for me in Da capo II.

of course only time will tell, this series might be the most surprising of all of the seasons. I certainly hope so.

Last edited:
Curse you, Dreador! While I was busy adding the characters, you went ahead of me to become the first person to add Rikka MORIZONO | Characters | Anime-Planet to their “like” list. >_<

:troll: Gotta like them as you add them to be first haha. At least you don't have a stalker, I'm pretty sure I've gained one or two recently. If they're on soon after I add a new character it will be liked or disliked by them. :@_@:

Also for tags they should all have reporter as they're in newspaper club ;)

Last edited:
@Character page update:

Ah, the characters page showed that the imouto doesn't have the same last name as our
beloved main character, she looks like Nemu V 4.0 so I'll be betting on her winning.

What? It worked for me in Da capo II.

of course only time will tell, this series might be the most surprising of all of the seasons. I certainly hope so.

Sakura is totally gonna win because I bet the protagonist has a thing for great great grandmas who are 100+ years old yet look 12. Could also be that pink-haired girl shown at the end of the first episode - a character who appears real minor being chosen, now that would be a shocker. But at this point I'm going to assume Sakura for laughs because it'd be that much funnier if she's actually picked. Then again, if it follows the other Da Capo's patterns, it'll get a second season and we won't know for over a year.

:troll: Gotta like them as you add them to be first haha. At least you don't have a stalker, I'm pretty sure I've gained one or two recently. If they're on soon after I add a new character it will be liked or disliked by them. :@_@:

Also for tags they should all have reporter as they're in newspaper club ;)

Pfft, taking my bragging rights! Five years from now when Da Capo IV airs, I can only say, "I was the second person to mark Rikka!" and to that then people will be like, "Who cares! You were only the second, right? Besides, who would even care if you were the first person!" Anyways, I've had situations where people instantly mark characters happen with manga more often than anime characters I add, but it depends on its popularity. For example, Sword Art Online was the most popular anime during its time, so the characters got marked upon being added. You could say someone was "stalking" the completed characters section, or you could contribute the rapid character marking to SAO's fame - or perhaps both.

Oh, right, THAT Reporter tag I don't use very often.

Sakura is totally gonna win because I bet the protagonist has a thing for great great grandmas who are 100+ years old yet look 12. Could also be that pink-haired girl shown at the end of the first episode - a character who appears real minor being chosen, now that would be a shocker. But at this point I'm going to assume Sakura for laughs because it'd be that much funnier if she's actually picked. Then again, if it follows the other Da Capo's patterns, it'll get a second season and we won't know for over a year.

Da Capo is a VN series so you can't rule out Suginami for a bad ending haha, although I think that is even less likely. I was hoping for another Kotori SHIRAKAWA | Characters | Anime-Planet / Nanaka SHIRAKAWA | Characters | Anime-Planet related person, maybe later on as a minor. :P

I think reporters occur reasonably often in school set animes cause of school papers.

Da Capo is a VN series so you can't rule out Suginami for a bad ending haha, although I think that is even less likely. I was hoping for another Kotori SHIRAKAWA | Characters | Anime-Planet / Nanaka SHIRAKAWA | Characters | Anime-Planet related person, maybe later on as a minor. :P

I think reporters occur reasonably often in school set animes cause of school papers.

Definitely do not want a shonen-ai ending. xD If Da Capo III was going for a bad ending, everybody would get killed or of the like, with another possibility being that Kiyotaka confesses his love, only for the girl to turn him down - an outcome I wouldn't mind either in a harem anime. As for a Shirakawa, there do not appear to be any of them or an Asakura so far, which would suck because the Shirakawa's have always been my top characters. This could mean no more characters with psychic powers, unless a female cast member is currently hiding her ability. This also probably means no more singer/school idol heroines. =/

No no no, they're not common for me, at the very least. At the top of my head, the only school reporter that comes to my mind is Erika from Medabots; I would be hard-pressed to think of more.

Ep 2
Wouldn't be a Da Capo without an overly friendly sister. Wonder if she's a cousin or adopted or actually a real sister this time.
OP n Ed are ok but def think the VN Op would have been nicer. Also so ecchi already i'm gonna take a stab at this not being the same studio as the others, either that or my memory of the previous ones is failing me.

I think I just happen to have watched stuff that happens to have a school newspaper in it then, off the top of my head Da Capo III, Hyouka, Seitokai No Ichizon, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Rosario + Vampire.

Any more Da Capo fans out there or it just gonna be us here for the rest of the season?

Episode 03

Well, this was boring. I like Sakura and all, but I’d much rather learn more about the new characters, but I suppose their meeting is necessary for plot development. Good to see the protagonist acknowledges that the girls around him are cute, and I can't help smiling at how upfront he is about stating this. Next episode we get to learn about the imouto/childhood friend, hooray.

Episode 3

Lot's of Loli MOE is basically the whole point of this episode, their meeting is probably a plot point though. This whole episode was basically establishing a connection between her and the male lead in a direct manner.

Next episode primarily seems to feature the Nemu look alike would be Imouto, I'm still going for her to be the victor simply because the other sister figure doesn't look like Nemu.

Back