xxxHOLiC

cassiesheepgirl

POPEE BELIEVER
I loved the anime, so I picked up the manga and I'm absolutely loving it. Yuko is probably my favourite character in it, and Himawari my least favourite - I generally want to hit her round the head with a frying pan. What does everyone else think of it?

I personally love that I'm getting to see the link between xxxHolic and Tsubasa. I always knew they were linked, but I've yet to watch Tsubasa or read the manga. Seeing the link in the xxxHolic manga is making me want to bump Tsubasa up my want to watch list :D

i haven't read xxxholic but i did see the anime. I did read some of the manga for Tsubasa....It was the main reason i watched Tsubasa also
I thought there was a connection when i was watching xxxholic but i thought i was just imagining it until i saw the xxxholic movie and syaoran was in it a bit.
I really did like xxholic and thought Yuko was soo funny i really didn't find Himawari annoying i think my favorite character is Domeki because he seems to just piss off Watanuki so easily its funny.
So is the manga any good? Because the anime was so good i was thinking of reading the manga but im still not sure yet.

hahaha, as I'm getting further into the manga Doumeki is fast becoming one of my favourites :D

Yeah the manga is good, if you really enjoyed the series you'd most likely enjoy the manga. Definitely worth reading. :D

I highly enjoy reading xxxHolic, right now I'm waiting on the 13th manga to be released.

Seeing what goes on with Yuko and Watanuki is just so great. Aso for beating someone over the head with a frying pan, not so sure I'd go for Himawari, but I'd probably have to agree that she can be annoying at times.

Also watching the anime and reading the manga, there are a lot of things that were left out of one or the other (take your pic), but as for really being tied up with Tsubasa, it's not and I relly like it for that fact, yes they ar crossovers, but in the manga you really can't tell that at times.

I had watched xxxHolic anime, and decided to try reading manga, because it seemed interesting.
I’m a little behind with chapters so don’t have to be right, but I’ve got a feeling that it’s getting more and more linked to Tsubasa. I’m not particularly happy about it because even thought I was once Tsubasa’s fan, I’ve got bored of it already, and now I’m reading it just for Holic’s sake. Without some information, which TRC contained, it looked a little too messy.

And talking about xxxHolic… I’m huge Yuuko’s and Watanuki’s fan! But have been annoyed by Yuuko’s mysteries recently.
I don’t like Kohane. No special reason_^_.

I gotta say as well that i really enjoyed this series. It just took hold of me with its unique animation style and eerie stories. Yuko and Black Mokona are just an awsome duo on-screen. I did enjoy the second season , Kei, a bit more that the original because i loved how the situations got so much more serious.

Just wondering but has anybody seen the movie, i think its called a midsummer nights dream. I always wanted to but, I find that movies based on anime generally suck and i don't want it to kill my love for the series :P.

I've seen the movie and it wasn't bad, though I much preferred the series. It probably didn't help that the copy I had was rather awful quality. (Also as a note, this thread is for discussing the manga rather than the series :balloon:)

I haven't seen or read any of Tsubasa, though I'm kind of interested to watch the series - though I'm now a little concerned lol.

I finished reading volume 6 last night, will be moving onto 7 tonight. I love seeing the bits that aren't in the anime, it feels a bit darker than I remember the series being. Unfortunately I only have up to 9 at the moment, but I can guarantee that'll change soon :laugh:

hahaha, as I'm getting further into the manga Doumeki is fast becoming one of my favourites :D

Yeah the manga is good, if you really enjoyed the series you'd most likely enjoy the manga. Definitely worth reading. :D

yes i agree that Domeki is one of my favorite characters and i think i will go get xxxholic if it seems to be better than the anime

I picked up the first volume of xxxHolic manga at the library, and I must say that it is definitely at the top of my list of manga to finish. (Along with Uzumaki, but I'm kinda scared to even click on the onemanga page after chapter ten... xD)

Back