Black Bullet

PVs tell me good ideas bathed in mediocrity, too.

And then you realize it has director of Monster and Master Keaton... and Shiro Sagisu on the music... Sagisu alone is enough to make me watch something. If there's a chance I'll get a stand-out like Komm Susser Tod or really anything note-worthy he did, I'd be overjoyed. I can't wait till 4.0 to hear his goodies, can't I?

But then you read the manga and ehhhh. Waste of talent. Could be fun, tho.

Monster director? That is definitely a great credential for it. Sadly, can't do much if the source material is not all that good.

I'll probably end up picking this one up, having the director of Monster on board is definitely a huge selling point for me, and the animation just looks really solid. I can put up with some bad episodes if I'm getting a bit of eye candy along with them.

And then you realize it has director of Monster and Master Keaton... and Shiro Sagisu on the music... Sagisu alone is enough to make me watch something. If there's a chance I'll get a stand-out like Komm Susser Tod or really anything note-worthy he did, I'd be overjoyed. I can't wait till 4.0 to hear his goodies, can't I?

But then you read the manga and ehhhh. Waste of talent. Could be fun, tho.

Monster's director? That actually makes me a lot more interested in this and how it's going to turn out. Hopefully it's good fun then but I really don't know.

Read the synopsis and it sounds like it has a good idea.Hopefully it won't go bad since I quite like how it sounds so far.

This does seem like it could turn out to be a good show, i'm defintly watching this one and I am pretty hyped for this.

Episode 1:

The first line uttered from the narrator I actually laughed as it was entirely really silly. A very mediocre episode and not that great.

To start with, this had extremely terrible presentation and didn't have much impact. We get introduced to a post-apocalyptic setting but the atmosphere is severely lacking and doesn't give the best impression. I'm not very convinced by it especially considering there were several bits of very inane comedy everywhere that felt misplaced as all it did was cause huge mood whip lash and made transitions awkwardly jarring. Like when they killed the spider Gastrea thing they proceed to promptly catch a super market sale after that....what? It's very hard to take much of this seriously with shit like that happening. Also there was some really patchy exposition doled out and the execution was very damn bad overall. Seriously there was one event with the police officers rushing in to get killed which was fucking crappy with a guy shouting an I'll avenge you line, made them seem like irrational idiots, ugh.

I don't think I liked any of the characters much either. The token loli teammate felt like blatant otaku pandering and uncomfortable fanservice. That whole fiance spiel was just utterly awful and annoying, wasn't the slightest bit cute at all and it just gave me major pedo vibes. Also the main male character was for the most part bland and typical with nothing particularly sticking out. And everyone else, plain boring.

Dialogue wise that was cringey and forceful, I think I hated most of it especially the last hope of humanity part which felt like it was shoved in my face. The pacing as well was too quick in my opinion and the only good thing about the episode was the OST.

I'm majorly disappointed with this and I can only pray they spend some time fleshing out the world at least to make it more interesting but I'm pretty skeptical about that.

Last edited:
Episode 1.

Let's see...

Annoying red-haired and pigtailed Loli.
Agitating Tsundere boss.
Generic "Hot but weird" scientist lady.
Massively clunky exposition.
A "Loli's must save the world" plot.
And worst of all, Yuuki goddamn Kaji.

This is not looking promising.

Episode 1

I'm not entirely sure how disappointed I am with this first episode. I mean the pv showed lolis fighting, so I feel like I shouldn't be that surprised that the plot is pretty much gunslinger girls with kaijus. Part of me wants this show to take itself more seriously, but honestly almost everything that wasn't comedic was a bit boring.
As much as I'm not a fan of lolicon Enju was really one of the best parts of the show, the only other potential main character that I enjoyed was the woman working in the morgue. The MC is a snorefest right now, and his love interest isn't much better.

That said, the episode had some moments I enjoyed. I actually really liked the opening scene, the moth-chicken really reminded me of cheesy old kaiju movies, if it kept that feel up then I probably would have enjoyed it more. I even liked the creepy clown villain guy, but that lasted for all of like a minute before everyone just completely forgot about him. The rest of the episode felt like a really boring crime anime. Hope it improves, I think the writers definitely have the capability to make this something more, maybe they won't squander it.

Episode 1.

Let's see...

Annoying red-haired and pigtailed Loli.
Agitating Tsundere boss.
Generic "Hot but weird" scientist lady.
Massively clunky exposition.
A "Loli's must save the world" plot.
And worst of all, Yuuki goddamn Kaji.

This is not looking promising.
I'm inclined to agree. Though you forgot to comment on the antagonist.

Episode 1
I have to agree with everyone that I'm also disappointed with the first episode. I had hoped it would take a more serious turn. Hopefully it will improve later on.

Episode 1

Well, this anime certainly makes you feel like you're a pedophile. That there was some heavy lolicon pandering right there. Oh well, at least it had blatant focussed oppai for the high schooler girl to make up for it?

Wait...

also;

Melodrama ahoy.

The first episode felt really weird. It felt like the episode was out of order.

First it felt like it was the apocalypse, and then suddenly everything is as lot better. They were in tents, but apparently they are back in their homes. I don't really feel like these monsters are a big threat anymore.

Oh look the super humans that are the only ones that can defeat these monsters, are all girls. I've never seen that before.

This was one of the anime from this season that I was pretty hyped for, but I was a little disappointed with the first episode. It wasn't terrible, but it could've been better.

Garyuu already hit on my biggest issue with the show; it just doesn't feel like a post-apocalyptic setting. I was expecting a world in absolute ruin and humans struggling to get by, but it seems like everybody is living out relatively normal lives between those giant black slabs.

Back