Gintama (2015)

IT'S ALMOST HEEEEEERE!!! THE WAIT'S KILLING ME!
e775c2D.gif

You should have, then I wouldn't have been the only one!

tumblr_m9duaklqWL1rr3j5a_zpsf24d30ca.gif

It's not that much to be hyped about.
I'm not shaking in my seat or anything, counting the hours as we get closer and closer...
tumblr_mki966UMRI1qejvrxo1_500.gif

Ep 266

Starting the new season with a public apology and the main character crying? Oh lord, I'm laughing my guts out already! Sugitas voice is so great for it :laugh:

When Gins hair instantly went back to normal, oh lord :laugh:

Everything's back and it's great so far. Gin had me cracking up with the line "I'm gonna go fondle Ketsuno Anas Ketsuno Ass!"

Hasegawa and Gengais random deaths were pretty great, especially that last one. I thought it looked like Gintamas version of Namek where they brought Hasegawa, so I expected the DBZ reference somewhere.

I think Sorachi wanted to do a more comedic thing with time while thinking up the movie.

I like the OP, glad to see babyface with the Shinsengumi as well as some older characters such as mr. no sleeves prisoner, Otsu, Murata, Ikumatsu, and even Hard Boiled bro. Perhaps they will get some screentime soon? The ED is ok.

EDIT: My reacton when I'm already getting messages asking me if I knew the new Gintama aired when I stayed up for 30 something hours waiting.
Oqt3rJy.gif

Last edited:
IT'S HEEEEEERE!!!!!

I'm still stuck at work, but for 10 minutes now I've been unable to sit quietly in my chair because of this. Once I'm home I'm gonna lose my pants, shut all the windows and have myself a laughing fit.
It's back... it's actually back :drink: :balloon:

Episode 1:

That was a truly splendid episode.

It starts off with the public apology, which just reminds me of Gintama's pitch perfect sense of timing. The awkward wait for Gintoki went on just long enough to be funny without being drawn out and all the silly coughing is the perfect reminder of watching TV that is happening in real time. Everything about the scene is funny from the little site gags like Gintoki's hair to the jokes about the movie were hilarious, but I appreciate the timing of it all the most because that's something so many comedies fuck up and goes to show the talent it takes to bring a comedy from the page to the screen.

That being said it was the anal sex joke that killed me this episode.

PphjG0k.png

I wish they allowed crude jokes like that on American TV.

Leave it to Gintama to have a movie that involves time travel only to come back to TV with some more time shenanigans. Also, leave it to Gintoki to break time.

I was afraid the poor Gengais had pulled his brain out that was one impressive booger no wonder it took several days of intense effort to get it out.

Then poor Madao can't help being a Madao, but at least dying to a DBZ reference is better than being sealed into a box with a booger.

To sum up boogers and anal sex. I love this show.

Yes! That just reminds me that there are so many new anime out there for Gintama to parody and reference since the anime has been on break.

Bring it on!

PS: Did the movie really make 1.7 billion yen? Google says that's about 14 million USD. Not bad for Quarter Piece.

Daaamn, this is some Steins Gate shit right here guys.

Either you get to Timeline Alpha or Timeline Beta, but you can only save one...

That is, until Pickle-o somehow shows up and kills Gengai-ditz and Hasegoku together. How the fuck did we get there indeed?

Great episode to get this party started all over again. I was having fun and giggling all along. It's also impressive how Gintama always finds a way to be hilariously disgusting in new forms I'd never seen before.

I also love how Shinpachi splattered that king of boogers Anpan-style.

And every season of Gintama after the first seems to start off with everything going to hell in one way or another. It's so entertaining every time too... Can't wait for more.

Last edited:
They couldn't have set the bar much higher than they did with this episode. It was a perfect mix of all the things that make Gintama great. Great wordplay, great references, great physical humor, great gross out humor and just the right amount of absurdity to give me something to laugh about in every scene.

I'm hoping this season will have enough episodes that we can get more of a mix of the more serious arc based storytelling from last season and the just balls out crazy episodic or semi-episodic stuff from previous seasons. If I had one small complain with last season it was that there just wasn't enough of the show just being its usual crazy self. Yeah, there were plenty of jokes to be had in each arc, but it was still a more story focused season with some really serious and sad moments in each arc. I love that Gintama can even do serious moments that actually hit the feels, but I also love when it's just being balls out crazy.

So glad it's back.

I laughed and chuckled throughout the whole thing, especially the beginning and ending pretty much killed me. A perfect start that gets you right back in Gintama's crazy mood and it's great that they didn't dump every character on us to say hi in this episode, but instead used a select few to gut-busting effect
everything involving Ketsuno Ana and that whole booger scene had me holding my stomach, Hasegawa's multiple deaths were great too
It's just great to see it back with fresh content and they obviously haven't forgotten how to parody anime culture. So far I have nothing but high hopes for this to be great (again)! It's been way too long...

I think I'm especially enthusiastic right now, because it's the first time I get to see a new episode every week instead of binge-watching everything that already exists. Feels like an accolade, kind of :drink:

Couple minutes in and I almost immediately exploded with laughter when I realized they were parodying this video. :laugh:

Ah man, it feels like the show never left me and I just know I'm going to probably be just gushing every week over how much of a riot this is. Gintama's the king of parody anime as far as I'm concerned.

Hearty laughs were had.
I loved the parody of that Japanese politician who freaked out under a public apology a while ago! xD

God, the episode just keeps getting better and better with all the additional context. I've missed you Gintama. You're the comedy that the anime world needs.

Back