Natsume Yuujinchou San

This was a pleasant first episode. They didn't spend much time on rehashing what the show's about and all but continued as if there hadn't been a year or two since the last ep.

I can't help but think how in love the mangaka is with her depiction of Natsume considering the lengths to which she goes to make him as pretty as possible during those name-returning scenes :)

I am hoping for one thing from this season; an actual arc that follows actual plot. I don't remember a single episode in the past 2 seasons that wasn't along the lines of "Youkai has problem. Solve Youkai's problem and give back name." or "Get Cursed or get book of friends stolen, get Youkai to help you cure it/get it back.

Natsume isn't about a particular story, it's about a journey from point A to point B and all the little stops along the way. It's episodic.

The closest thing you'll find to plot is that he eventually wants to return all the names and understand his grandmother as well as possible.

What I don't understand is how that book never looks any thinner. There's only 50 or so pages in there :)

Eeee! So excited to watch this. I love that there isn't really the overarching story - for me it is more about the emotions of each EP and a lovely sense of wonderment. In that respect, very similar to Mushishi.

Poor teacup! :(

On the whole this episode was pretty sweet, pleasant and serene. The music was nice too. And it was great to hear Nyanko Sensei's and Natsume's voice after such a long while. So glad this show is back, it will be my calming dose of the week.

What I don't understand is how that book never looks any thinner. There's only 50 or so pages in there :)

Magic. It's a book filled with the names of yokai, right? So it's probably somewhat magical (I don't think that should be a spoiler lol).

Anyways, Enjoyed the first ep. Took me back to watching the last few seasons of it. It's odd to Kamiya (Natsume's VA) to not be a troll character, though. Durarara/Blue Exorcist may have ruined his non-troll voices for me>.<

Aww, I'm so happy Natsume is back. I felt so nostalgic while watching it. It didn't dissapoint me at all.
Indeed poor teacup.

U just finished watching the previous 2 seasons of this yesterday. Happy to see the 3rd season isn't BS. They tend to screw Anime up on their 3rd season. Pretty good though. i love how they tuned down their introduction to the plot this time around. Last season, they spent a lot longer telling how everything started.

YES. Love this show.

Perfect relaxation show, next to Mushishi. 1st ep had a heartwarming moment too.

Stay with your pace, Natsume.

Same here. Loved the series, especially Tama-chan

well the drunken nyanko-sensei always cracks me up... and i love the animation whenever he transforms into that luck dragon-thing... as for the humans, i rather like Taki whenever she's on the screen. Though she can't seen the spirits, she seems to be the most helpful (normal) person around Natsume; really coming through for him (a few times) at the end of the season 2 arc.

Natsume & Nyanko-sensei once again...really nostalgic. Simple and dreamy, nicely done first episode.

Plus, I guess I fell in love with the ED. Fits the show perfectly.

Yeah, it does. Just saw the subbed version of the ED, its really beautiful.

Same here. Loved the series, especially Tama-chan

Tama chan was soo cute! :love:

well the drunken nyanko-sensei always cracks me up... and i love the animation whenever he transforms into that luck dragon-thing... as for the humans, i rather like Taki whenever she's on the screen. Though she can't seen the spirits, she seems to be the most helpful (normal) person around Natsume; really coming through for him (a few times) at the end of the season 2 arc.

My memory of the second season has gone a bit hazy but I remember liking her too, really hoping they show more of her this season.

Back