Minami-ke

aboumonkey

Minami-ke

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

So the first episode is already out . It's about the everyday life of three sisters Chiaki,Kana and Haruka. It's a comedy anime . So since it's not an anime whose major point is action I and since I have not watched as many shows as some people here I can't really compare it with other shows of the same type .However it was a nice first episode , it gave me a few laughs
when the one sister was trying to kiss the other and when Chiaki interpreted the love letter
and I am really looking forward to the next episode .
So what are your thoughts on this one

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the manga. Though I will say, it's not one of those 'laugh out loud' funny 4komas. It'll make you smirk, but not much else. It's really a lot like Strawberry Marshmallow, only with one loli instead of four. I didn't find the anime quite as nice. The characters didn't look quite right and it's just not as funny when the gag take minutes to do as opposed to 10 or less seconds to read.

Miname-ke

LOLOL I couldn't find a thread for this anime anywhere and I had to share what I thought was the most HILARIOUS episode of Miname-ke yet... If you haven't watched this series I recommend it...

Chiaka who's an elementary student has a male friend Makoto who ends up crossdressing the entire episode pretty much.. RAW COMEDY!!!! OMG:love:

Re: Miname-ke

The contrast between sisters is absolutely perfect. One innocent, bubbly high school "mother" figure sister, the middle sister who's an absolute moron, but completely HYSTERICAL... and the younger genius sister who is absolutely obsessed and over protective of the older sister. I wish we got to see a little bit more of the big sisters life, and not just that which is with the rest of the family, but the series is young, perhaps we'll still get to see some more.

remember to pray to the tera tera bozu!! that was my favorite scene so far

Lol, I don't know if you've seen episode 6 yet but...

When Makoto was shopping for womens clothes in the department store with Chiaka's friend from class when the older sister shows up and he's got a braw in his hand, and she agrees to help him try it on!! She doesn't notice that Makoto is a guy, and like rips his shirt off and grabs his chest... I couldn't stop laughing

hahaha yeah i saw 6..
omg trap ftw lolol i love the part when chiaki was gauging the idiocy level

So, in a contract à la fyab, I started this with a friend of mine.
From episode 1, I can only presume that we can't expect much from this but random...fun

Here are my thoughts on episode 1.
Ok, overall it looks like an average slice of life story. Honestly speaking, nothing was too amusing but it definitely wasn't terrible. I actually quite liked it until the genki kid went all creepy on her sister and (in revenge I guess) she is talked into rejecting the love letter. What a waste... Romance is half the reason I watch anime you know...

Episode 1

I'm liking it so far. It somehow reminds me of Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, but instead of making me laugh out loud it just makes me giggle.

Here are my thoughts on episode 1.
Ok, overall it looks like an average slice of life story. Honestly speaking, nothing was too amusing but it definitely wasn't terrible. I actually quite liked it until the genki kid went all creepy on her sister and (in revenge I guess) she is talked into rejecting the love letter. What a waste... Romance is half the reason I watch anime you know...

I think the youngest sister did that with the love letter because she likes to manipulate her since she's not precisely intelligent, and not for revenge.

Unlike other slice of life series, this one seems to spend a considerable bit more time setting up each joke (basically just a few per episode), however, the punchlines to be very hit or miss. IMO, this means the episodes can be generally pretty boring and make you feel like most of it was wasted.

It's probably the only slice of life I've seen that I didn't really find amusing (either comically or in a "cute girls doing cute things" sense).

Seems to be popular nonetheless though. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shot when I watched it.

Well, for me it's just entertaining. Neither boring nor hilarious. And I agree with it being very hit or miss. For example the first 1/3 of the episode 2
specially when she became quite fearsome as soon as her classmate started talking about her panties
was funny for me, while I didn't even chuckle with the rest of the episode.

Episode 2 was somewhat better than the first.
Gee, I thought that kid was in middle school. This series isn't exactly funny but it's interesting, at least.

This anime is pretty decent. Your average school-life comedy with just a little bit of spice to it. Lets start from the OP. It was interesting and catching, but so are many other good anime.The ending is also pretty catchy..The animation is great, sound is okay, Characters- pretty funny, Overall decent and still worth watching.
My thoughts on both episode 1 and 2

EPISODE 1
Lets start from the OP. It was interesting and catching, but so are many other good anime. Now for the story, its a great introduction to all the characters. What I really found funny was in the end where I think that Chiaki Minami "translated" the letter incorrectly "on purpose"..."I think".

EPISODE 2
Better than last episode, mainly since the first episode introduced us to the main characters. It was also a bit more comedic from the beginning then normal from then on. Lots and lots of "weird things" just watch to understand.

^The lyrics to the OP were indeed funny. In fact maybe better than the actual episodes. Well it does always start off by saying not to expect much.

Episode 3
YES looks like the romance isn't going to end. Enough to get me fired up for more episodes.

Back