[COMPLETE][request] Facebook integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnanFay

Might be interesting if updates were sent to facebook when you updated your anime list. You would be able to choose what updates were sent to avoid pissing everyone off with too much crap.

Here are examples of what I mean that youtube (videos) and anobii (book record) do.

youtube said:
[Video Title]
Favourited on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..
[Video Description]
[Thumbnail]
19 March at 22:49 via Youtube Comment - Like - Details

anobii said:
I have added "[Book Title]" to my aNobii bookshelf
[Link to book]
[Thumbnail]
19 March at 22:49 via aNobii Books Comment - Like - Details

anime-planet said:
Set [Anime Title] as Watched
[Link to anime] [Person's Rating of the anime]
[Thumbnail]
19 March at 22:49 via anime-planet Comment - Like - Details

Re: Facebook integration

100% agree, i want to get this working for twitter as well. definitely on the horizon :)

Re: Facebook integration

Oo nice idea, since I use both Anime-Planet and Facebook alot. Definitely would like that! ^^

Re: [request] Facebook integration

Ive already developed an aniDB one, let me know if I can help with one for here... Although without being able to mark specific episodes beign watched each day, Im not sure what you would want to post to the wall? :)

This would be amazing. Great way for everyone's friends to hear about AP too.

I half agree with OtakuD, individual episodes shouldn't post, however it should be an option that users can switch on; for those people who don't watch several shows at once. I might be interested if I saw my friend watched the newest episode of FMA: Brotherhood so we could talk about it (comment directly on the post would be nice).

BUMP. Just to encourage sothis with this feature. ;D

EDIT:
Also... each user should be able to decide how much they're gonna spam their social networks. If someone wants to yell each time he/she sees an episode ('cause they watch just two hours a week, maybe), so be it.

Publishing of one lined stories to facebook.

An application can be built to link to our AP account and request one-lined story posting permissions.
Eg.
favicons
Pinestone Appleseed has set Mitsudomoe as watching.
favicons
Pinestone Appleseed rated Sora no Otoshimono OVA 3/5

I hate facebook, but having said that, I think this is a great idea. It would certainly spread the word about A-P.
Do it, do it do it do it!

We certainly don't want to spam people's newsfeeds though. I think it should only post like every 6 or 12 hours with maybe our five most recent changes. Something like:

[Name]'s anime activity in the last [number] hours has been:

Watched 1 episode of [anime]
Watched 3 episodes of [anime]
Dropped [anime]
Finished watching [anime]
Stalled out on [anime]

Though I think this shouldn't include titles you mark Want to Watch and Won't Watch.

This is just a sort of preliminary idea and since I just woke up, it's probably a pretty shoddy idea but meh.

We certainly don't want to spam people's newsfeeds though. I think it should only post like every 6 or 12 hours with maybe our five most recent changes. Something like:

Though I think this shouldn't include titles you mark Want to Watch and Won't Watch.

This is just a sort of preliminary idea and since I just woke up, it's probably a pretty shoddy idea but meh.
It isn't really spamming if it's just once every ~20 minutes.

I would consider that spamming. By the time you get home from work (8 hour shift, message every 20 minutes) there would be 24 messages in your feed from one person. Imagine if more than one person used the app? It would get blocked by people very quickly.
I think having a choice of what to post/when would be a great idea.
Maybe when you click on the app, it shows a list of things you've done since you last visited (assuming the app will be linked to AP), and you can select which ones to post. Or Vern's idea of just posting everything every ~6 hours.

I would consider that spamming. By the time you get home from work (8 hour shift, message every 20 minutes) there would be 24 messages in your feed from one person. Imagine if more than one person used the app? It would get blocked by people very quickly.
I think having a choice of what to post/when would be a great idea.
Maybe when you click on the app, it shows a list of things you've done since you last visited (assuming the app will be linked to AP), and you can select which ones to post. Or Vern's idea of just posting everything every ~6 hours.

Not everything. Just the x-number of most recent changes you've made to your list.

But yeah, being able to hide certain things from being posted would be good as well. Like I'm fine with posting that I watched a new Pokemon episode whereas I'm a little iffy on posting having watching something ecchi. >.>

you can link any and everything to facebook..*sigh* no wonder im addicted...
*shakes head*

Facebook actually groups publications from the same app, so it's not gonna flood anyone's wall/newsfeed.

Ooh. I like this idea. Would definitely use it, to a certain extent.

I'm sure people have pretty different opinions on that. Personally, even posting once a day on my Facebook feed would feel like spam to me. This feature will deff need some customization options.

Was just thinking that an option like this would be very neat.
+1 for this idea :smile:

is there any update on if this is still something that is in the works?

it would be pretty cool if i could link my ap account and my facebook account, and have a little newsfeed post whenever i finish a series and rate it. (definitely not a post for every single change though. that would be too spammy, as people have said)

i seem to remember seeing an announcement that the twitter version of this feature has been finished, but haven't heard anything about the facebook side of things.

its still in the works, and is not finsihed. nor is the twitter end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back