Infinite Stratos

Garyuu

[sadht=IS: Infinite Stratos]Infinite Stratos[/sadht][sadhl=3480]infinite-stratos[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

ugh... i can't decide if it's a mediocre anime wrapped around mech battles or a slightly amusing mediocre harem anime wrapped around mech battles.

either way the characters are so shallow i don't have words for it. i mean dear god it's like they just grabbed some common character types and tossed them into this.

This is this years Chrome Shelled Regios, only... less interesting... less complex... possibly better fighting animation and no Felli...

that said it's earned a 2nd episode... so i guess i'll watch it next week and see how it progresses.

I'd have to disagree. The first episode immediately reminded me of Mai Otome with a mix of Sky Girls. Arika representing Orimura that is.

I liked the first episode quite a bit. It's too bad I won't be able to see another episode for the next few months. This was the only title that even looked remotely interesting for Winter 2011 too.

I haven't gotten to watching it yet. I just really hope that I like it. A few shows this season look interesting, and the Rio is pretty bad going by the first episode.

I quite liked it, was really enjoyable.

Obviously not going to win any awards though and we've already been introduced to a number of sterotypical characters, but such is anime.

I rather enjoyed the first episode. I mean sure it wasn't anything groundbreaking but at the same time the first episode was enough to get me interested so that's a plus. I was actually somewhat disappointed when the episode ended.

I rather enjoyed the first episode. I mean sure it wasn't anything groundbreaking but at the same time the first episode was enough to get me interested so that's a plus. I was actually somewhat disappointed when the episode ended.

I had the same thoughts. I was also a bit disappointed that we didn't get any mecha scene, although I was waiting for it because of the first 15-20 seconds of the episode.

I just watched episode, and I personally liked it. Of course there were a lot of generic stuff in the show, but I enjoyed it.

This anime made me think of Frankenstein.

Just like the monster was made from body parts from different persons. This seems to be constructed from cliches taken from other series.

I think there are a lot more generic animes and mangas than people think. The creators just add over-the-top humor to their generic work, and label it as "parody". There are way too many parody animes out there. At least IS isn't trying to hide it.

Saying this show is cliche is being cliche in and of itself. And if you want to go for originality as a whole, the only show within the last few years that's pulling that off is the series C which comes out in spring.

I think this'll be more then just your typical harem though, as I bite my tongue since I won't get to see anymore of it until mid-spring... but still, I see this turning into a Mai-Otome, Sky Girls kind of ordeal and the units become weaponized or something like that. If it doesn't and stays a typical school harem with mechs for sports, I'll be highly disappointed.

weird... of the three new shows i've seen thus far this one was the best of the lot i think (ugh... gosick really aggravated me... and while shaft really went hyper weird... it's still a magical girl anime... probably not going to be able to watch that one) even though it was so generic i knew the character types in the harem from the opening sequence...

I just wish this was atleast as entertaining as Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao... i mean if you're going to be generic and derivative at least go overdrive and satire itself... not sure i so much as chuckled in this first ep.

You confused me there for a second. I didn't know Gosick was a magical girl anime. Then I realized you said Shaft.

It looked more like a harem than a common action Mecha anime... so, i don't know if i will keep watching it

It looked more like a harem than a common action Mecha anime... so, i don't know if i will keep watching it

Well, the main character is the only guy in an entire boarding school, so really, their was no way this show wasnt going to be a harem.

But as long as it remains entertaining, i shan't care.

ep 1.

The character designs are nothing special, and the types they introduced in episode 1 are of the typical played out variety. 1. Clueless (probably) Powerful Guy 2. Semi hot-headed CHF who still carries a torch 3. Bitchy, stern older sister with secrets (maybe) 4. A boring Ojousama. On top of all that, I generally dislike mecha. I'm fine with harems if the setting and story is interesting, I just have a feeling this is going to be some really crappy ron-com trying to act like a sci-fi, it will probably fail at both. This is probably the weakest thing I've seen so far from the Winter batch, and I've watched Cardfight!! Vanguard ep. 1.

Last edited:
There is no way this could be any worse than Cardfight!! :P

That is like the most wannabe crappy generic version of yu-gi-oh that i have seen.

I will agree with you that this shows promise does look dim though.

I was not impressed with this episode=\ It doesn't look to be repulsive- just something that I won't remember anything about 5 minutes after I finish it up.=\

Back