No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

M

murcam

This is a manga I've recently taken a liking to and was wondering what others thought of it.:duck:

7sFrK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!

It has the perfect blend of comedy and shame/anxiety-by-proxy that I like so much. Being Tomoko is suffering...

I'm also really looking forward to buying it in English, courtesy of Yen Press. I need another bookshelf...

I read a few chapters a while ago, about 10 or 15.

It was alright.

Reading chapter 43...
Getting real awkward for me seeing Tomoko in such predicaments.

It's a bit like reading The Office set in a high school environment, but more painful even so. Thankfully the chapters are short. I don't think I can handle so much misfortune and social faux pais in one sitting. Hopefully the manga will be glorious and let us feel all the shame Tomoko's feeling.

Hopefully the manga will be glorious and let us feel all the shame Tomoko's feeling.
You mean the anime right?

I don't think I can handle so much misfortune and social faux pais in one sitting.
I hope this wasn't directed towards me. I was reading this for a while now. Funny story how I discovered this. I accidentally found it when I was playing that manga alphabet game... That's it.

You mean the anime right?

Yes.

I hope this wasn't directed towards me. I was reading this for a while now. Funny story how I discovered this. I accidentally found it when I was playing that manga alphabet game... That's it.

Unless you're the anthropomorphic personification of WataMote, no, it wasn't directed at you...

I wonder if she'll be any less creepy and annoying in animated form...

I wonder if she'll be any less creepy and annoying in animated form...
Not really being personally likable is pretty much an inherent part of her character.
And her slimy designs is one of the upsides of the series.
But yeah, I think the anime made her look a bit less creepy, actually.

If she wasn't creepy and annoying it just wouldn't be Tomoko. Although she does seem a bit more moe for the anime.

At least it looks like they're animating her Twin Tail failure.

Is this thing going to be shorts? Or are the episodes going to be 24 minutes?

^ 24 minutes per ep from what I've read. People are theorizing they'll do three chapters per episode divided as short segments (since the chapters have very few pages). That works because 13 x 3 = 39 chapters, close to catching up.

Tomoko does look cuter in the anime, but that's kind of unavoidable: manga art allows for more deformed and sloppy (in a rather good way) drawings than an animation does. From the looks of the trailer, though, I'd agree they did a good job portraying the essence of the original... and the voice actress is simply perfect for the role.

flnx.png

I'll probably make this my avatar once a cleaner screenshot is available.

The anime can probably make brutal transitions from "moe" to "gross" one of its strengths.
:cereal:

Does anyone think they will add in Tomomote or will they be OVA?

My guess is DVD specials, if Tomomote will be included at all.

Back