Gantz

G

guyver

anybody know how many books and chapters there are? also is the manga finished or is it still going on?

As far as I can tell I'm up-to-date on this (chapter 268 - He's Not Coming Back).
Reading this helped me get over the sudden ending of the Anime, and I prefer the manga by far. I was just wondering who else was reading it and whether they agreed with me.

I'm up to chapter 264, and I agree that it's much better than the anime (though not as much as a lot of people say). I'm just about to read the next 4 chapters.

I've only watched the anime,and actually was gonna ask you for some suggestions.At which chapter i'm supposed to start and is there different order of it in manga(in comparison to anime).Hopefully i'll join you in your Gantz chat :p

Yup, chapter 90 is where what remains of the team is sent back to Gantz's room after the temple arc.
I love the the second (or is it third) mission after that, it was brilliant.

Yup, chapter 90 is where what remains of the team is sent back to Gantz's room after the temple arc.
I love the the second (or is it third) mission after that, it was brilliant.

The dinosaurs or the ring aliens? I really like the mission immediately after the temple arch, where Kurono fights the aliens on his own and one of them follows him into school.

The dinosaurs or the ring aliens? I really like the mission immediately after the temple arch, where Kurono fights the aliens on his own and one of them follows him into school.
Nope, the one when they're hunting his girlfriend. Really loved how that one was done.

Amazing manga.When i watched the anime i was really hooked up by it,i'm glad i started reading this.

I first saw the anime which spurred me to read the manga. I have read up to chap.269, and absolutely can not wait for more. All I can say is that it is brilliant. I am on the edge of my seat when I read it.:love::smile:

Aha- there is a GANTZ thread. So, is anyone else reading this now?
latest chap. spoiler
Holy crap- GANTZ... or the guy in GANTZ or who/whatever he is is walking around town?! That is craziness right there. I'll be bummed if they make the next chapter almost exclusively about the 2nd Kurouno.
So much wackiness going on right now. What do you think will happen?

well gantz is one of the best mangas ever hehe and i just want to see what iss going to happen now after the "last" discovery... and wtf wtih the gantz guy lol

just read everything up to 300 for the first time, loving it so far. my fav part was when
the guy managed to break free of the...nudy lady megasaur dude, and began humping its mouth. freaken awsome lol. that and kato's reaction to it
lol

-_- I'm holding off judgement until the next two issues come out (three weeks in a row). Could be promising... or incredibly lame.
Didn't like the whole 'oh, CNN and BBC already know and don't care' thing. Not a terrible idea, but handled very sloppily imo. The 'betting game' is not surprising at all, but solid.
Here's hoping for the best :drinking:

hahaha- well played, GANTZ. total 'who the hell do you think I am?!' chapter.
Very pleased and looking forward to next week.

After reading 302, I'm intrigued again.
Another possibility is that 301 was a troll and that's the reason they are having 3 consecutive weeks of it so that people wouldn't stay upset.

That's more or less what I'm thinking, though I'm not sure "troll" is the right word.

I just read Gantz up to chapter 303 the past week... oh man.

That huge flying ship was epic, as was destruction of the US. The only thing is, what the hell is going to happen now? Apparently the destruction of the world is beginning... but we still have no idea what the real motivation is behind everything. There has been next to nothing in terms of hints or investigation into the real bad guys. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Easily one of the best manga I have ever read. And with this latest chapter... oh man.

OH MAN!

I'm totally a Gantz fanboy now.

Eet iz tiem 4 srs bizness.

I just started reading gantz like 2 days ago, I think I am up to chapter 150 or 160 or something

So, I got to the part where like EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON he meets in the first part of the game DIES... including his childhood friend Kato (T.T) and I guess his first crush? Kei AND the only female char that seemed semi-tough, the long braided hair girl who ALMOST beats the many armed buddha... Anyways I didn't think the author would kill Kato cuz he seems like the only guy behaving decently in the whole and he just DIES...

I am still waiting for the author to pull some deus ex machina and bring them back, like if Kei gets 1000 poitns he can wish them back or something,

so far the manga is pretty good, but its a lot of action and violence, I am trying to steamroller through the thing cuz I wanna find out what Kei is gonna do to gantz
for all his friends dying

still the action scenes are drawn really well, usually not too much illustration so you can tell what's going on, only the most important movements and stuff, but it seems like the author has like 2 or 3 people helping him draw so i guess its to be expected, also the manga needs to round out with some more kickass female characters, every character is like a violent guy, and the only decent seeming guy was kato and maybe kei now that he is getting more experience

This is a great example of how a manga can still be awsome after 300 volumes and dosn't have to enter the realms of bleach and naruto like.

Back