Silent Mobius

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Silent Mobius

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

well i am very unsatisfied.

i understand almost none of the plot, since they didn't really explain it, so i'm wondering if any of you have seen this and could help?

what exactly was the silent crisis? what did gigelf do and what did it cause that destroyed the world to some extent?

i understand what the deal was, but why did it go wrong? why did gigelf need to do what he did? did humans break their promise, or what?

who the fuck was gannessa or whatever his name was, and how did he even fit in with all of this?

how did gigelf or the mom even die in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i am very unsatisfied.

Okay, I was very satisfied myself.

i understand almost none of the plot, since they didn't really explain it, so i'm wondering if any of you have seen this and could help?

What is it that you do not understand? They explained things very well. We have the nemesis crisis, Lucifer Hawks wandering over to the human world in order to get some food (Humans). We have keyplayers, Rosa and that guy whose name I can't remember. They have pledged an allegiance to the Nemesis king.

In the human world we've got AMP who fights against this. The plot was about the whole group interracting, the characters growing. A large point of the showplot was the fact that Katsumi possessed hughe magical powers and also was the key to the nemesis. The key had the abillity to completely open up the link between the Human world and Nemesis. A big part of the show is about her emotional fight against...whatever the evul guys name was...The plot moves on once Katsumi heads to nemesis, everyone fear that she will open up the link. The plot then moves on to the fight of the possesed Katsumi and AMP. During this time I believe a lot of the things which happened in the past was explained.

what exactly was the silent crisis? what did gigelf do and what did it cause that destroyed the world to some extent?

Back at the end of 1990s the lucifer hawks world and the human world were on the verge on large crisis. I think they mention a dimensional problem going on. The idea was to merge certain parts of the world. The lucifer hawk world had something the human world needed and vice versa.

During this time Katsumi Liqueur was born and she was enchanted and given powers which had some meaning to this merging. I can't remember why but I believe that is explained in some flashbacks aswell.

i understand what the deal was, but why did it go wrong? why did gigelf need to do what he did? did humans break their promise, or what?

The merging went wrong. They played around with far to great powers. They were supposed to merge some specific things but the gate to nemesis opened up completely (this he says in the first ep) and this led to some rather serious side effects as you can see. The last thing Gigelf did, was to try and sever this link, he did not succeed completely.

who the fuck was gannessa or whatever his name was, and how did he even fit in with all of this?
Ganessa..ahh that was the evil guys name right?. As I remember it ganessa wanted to see havoc and basically merge the two worlds n all (this is also explained during the big flashback). Ganessa made a promise ot the Nemesis king to make sure that the link between Nemesis and human world opened up.

how did gigelf or the mom even die in the first place?
Don't know if that is explained or not. She probably died in the crisis, that part is not explained.

All in all Silent Möbius is just an arc. It begins a bit into an already running story and ends a bit earlier than the end of the story. All loose ends regarding AMP and Katsumi being the key to nemesis, Rally - Rosa, the evil possesive blade, Katsumi being the key to nemesis (thanks to this special enchantment which she got when she was born) and the whole story surrounding that etc is tied up. What is not tied up are the specific silent crisis parts - becuase they continue. So everything which regards the things which is brought up in Silent Möbius are ended nicely.

There is currently new Möbius manga in production aswell. But it's finae without the manga aswell IMO.

Hey, Sothis, I have just ended watching the Silent Mobius TV series and I had similar feelings about the loose ties and unexplained plot. I disliked the way the anime ended too, near its climax and without reaching a real conclusion.

So I looked and looked and looked in the NET for information about the Manga series, in the hope that it ended the plot.

And so I just found this:

http://anime.mikomi.org/episode/Silent+Mobius/27

Here many things that confused me were explained. Some of my doubts still remained unsolved though. Mainly:

1) How exactly Ganessa planned to conquer both worlds? And what the Nemesis God wished from him.

2) How Gilgelf and the whole Mage Guild died

3) What exactly was happening with both planets. Were it a reference about the natural corruption of men in the modern times or something more drastical and immediate threat like a mystical imbalance that would destroy the worls in a few decades.

Except for this questions I think that by watching the series and reading the compact version of the last volume of the manga I solved my doubts about the plot.

Back