Send your friend (or yourself!) a special gift badge this holiday season!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Do you love your friends? How about Anime-Planet.com? Want to show your support to both over the holidays? We have a gift for you - gift badges!

By making a donation on Anime-Planet through Jan 15, 2012, you can gift one of a number of new badges to either a friend, or yourself. As always, donations directly benefit the site, helping to pay for the server costs (our two servers cost $405 a month alone), and keep new features and upgrades in development.

Check to see if you're listed in the below pending/awarded sections - it's always fun to send a gift as thanks!

PENDING GIFTS

AWARDED GIFTS
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ramen badge to cassiesheepgirl
  • wanryavka gifted the Holiday Kappa badge to himself
  • sothis gifted the Christmas Cracker badge to kace
  • jtir123 gifted the Holiday Present badge to himself
  • R18 gifted the Evil Christmas Tree badge to sothis
  • sgrby77 gifted the Holiday Penguins badge to himself
  • sothis gifted the Holly badge to vermi
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to Frostbite
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to chii
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to Number6
  • sothis gifted the Christmas Cracker badge to cassiesheepgirl
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to charlie2alpha
  • sothis gifted the Snowflake badge to Drahken
  • sothis gifted the Christmas Cracker badge to VivisQueen
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to KatDJZ
  • sothis gifted the Holly badge to Pidjiken
  • sothis gifted the Snowflake badge to Cetonis
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to ThePatches
  • sothis gifted the Holly badge to coffeebreath
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to lesterf1020
  • sothis gifted the Snowflake badge to Menchi
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to AirCommodore
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to Kari5
  • sothis gifted the Christmas Cracker badge to Fireaxe
  • sothis gifted the Christmas Cracker badge to jtir123
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to unitzero
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to Zaig
  • sothis gifted the Snowflake badge to vernanonix
  • sothis gifted the Holly badge to CloneCommando
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Present badge to Tyranid5
  • sothis gifted the Snowflake badge to BrainBlow
  • sothis gifted the Holiday Ornament badge to HasseRovdjur
  • sothis gifted the Holly badge to wealthystick
  • Kari5 gifted the Holiday Robin badge to herself
  • vermi gifted the Holiday Ramen badge to RinClaymore

How it works:

1. Choose a badge
Select from one of the specified donation levels below - this is the donation amount for which the gift badge is awarded.

2. Choose a recipient & message
Choose a username on Anime-Planet.com, or you can also gift the badge to yourself! You can also write an optional message.

You must include this information, the name of the badge, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

3. Make the donation
Click here to make the donation! (there is also a donation button on the Users homepage

------------------------------------------

Donation Levels

$50 Level

holiday-badges-50-level.jpg

--------------

$20 Level

holiday-badges-20-level.jpg

--------------

$10 Level

holiday-badges-10-level.jpg

--------------

$5 Level

holiday-badges-5-level.jpg

--------------

Now that you've chosen a badge, click here to make the donation!

Include the recipient username (or say it's for yourself), the name of the badge, an optional message, and your own username, in the 'special instructions' field on the donation page:

badgeinfo.jpg

Gift badges are added manually and will be posted to the recipient's account within a day or two. Thank you for your patience! :love:

----------------

Frequently-asked questions:

When can I donate to get these badges?
From today, up to midnight (PST) on January 15th, 2012.

Will you post these donation badges again in case I miss the deadline?
We will post these holiday badges again next year in December, with additional holiday badges to choose from.

Will you post more donation gift badges after January 15th?
We plan on posting sets of donation badges frequently throughout the year - the next batch will be a Valentine's Day set for the month of February. All of these special donation badges will have a time limit of when you can gift them.

Starting with the Valentine's Day set of badges, you will be able to donate via a badge page on the site, to make things easier for you.

Do I still get the other donation badges when I donate?
Yes! You will still receive the monthly (ie, November 2011 Supporter) badge, and your donation amount will add to the cumulative Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum badges.

Can I combine multiple badges into one donation?
Only for this set of holiday badges, yes - but you are responsible for doing the math, and you must include all of the information we need for each badge, in the 'Special Instructions' field. For future sets, there will be an easy button click to donate an exact amount per-badge.

Will my gift badge show up immediately?
No - badges are entered manually and make take up to a day or two to be added. We will update this thread with pending and already-awarded gift badges, so you can see the status.

I don't have any friends, but I want the badge ;_; (or, I do have friends, but I want the badge!)
Have no fear, you can donate to the site and gift yourself the badge!

Can I gift a badge to you (sothis) or other site staff?
Of course! Have a favorite character moderator, reviewer, or overlord? Want to donate but don't have someone in mind? Feel free to gift badges to anyone on the site, including staff ^_^

Are badges from staff still donations?
Yes! Gift badges are only awarded with a donation, even for staff (including sothis). For a badge to be gifted, the person had to have made a donation to the site.

Last edited:
Awesome! Should maybe have waited with my $50 donation I sent in earlier. Now my budget doesn't allow more donations right now :frustrat:

Love the Snow-cat badge, it's so cute!

R18, i need to know the recipient/etc info if your donation just now was for a gift badge! :)

thats alright i just made the donation ...to well you specifically ....because you do so much for the site so since i don't know squat about how all this works please pick a badge for yourself....sort of a badge gift card...

Aww those are so cute! Might calculate how much money I'm left with after the last presents... :3

gift badges will be ready to be awarded tomorrow! have you donated towards yours yet? show a friend how awesome they are, treat yourself, the sky's the limit :)

i am waiting to see which one you pick.....you deserve more recognition for all that you do....

gift badges are now live! only 4 people (besides myself) have donated for them so far - if you like the site and want to show a friend (or yourself) some special love, get one today! :) even $5 has some awesome badges to choose from.

just made a pretty substantial donation to send a special gift badge to all of the active mods (including in IRC!) and active staff, thanks everyone for everything you do for AP! ^_^

just made a pretty substantial donation to send a special gift badge to all of the active mods (including in IRC!) and active staff, thanks everyone for everything you do for AP! ^_^

Thanks so much <3

Back