Game of Thrones

IndigoWar

For those of you into George R.R Martins epic fantasy series "A song of Ice and Fire"
Here is the TV series, starting with book 1 as season 1. A game of thrones.
This show is airing on HBO.
You can also find it online.
Each episode is airing at 1hr.
game-of-thrones-tv-movie-poster-2011-1000692785.jpg

Larger
game-of-thrones-tv-movie-poster-2011-1020692785.jpg
*Skipps off to find the first episode*

I'm interested to find out if this show is actually any good, or if it's just another Spartacus, something that feels like it was written by a group of foul-mouthed twelve year olds.

I haven't read the series, but I'm really enjoying the show so far. It's much better than Camelot on Starz. Also, Spartacus is amazing! I don't know how people don't love that show.

I haven't been able to see an episode of this yet since I only have basic cable, and I bought netflix and they didn't have it..
Guess I'm gonna be waiting a while to watch this one.. =[

Also, Spartacus is amazing! I don't know how people don't love that show.

I couldn't take a second of Spartacus seriously, the writing was absolutely horrible, there was cussing every other word for no reason other than the writers just wanting to foul it up. It got to the point that they were cussing so much that everything they said kept getting more and more ridiculous until it was bordering hilarity. I really just don't see the appeal to shows like that.

Game of Thrones is an amazing series of Books. George R.R. Martin's 5th book came out in July(A Dance With Dragons). After I watched the first Season I started reading Clash of Kings. Great Books and lots of Detail. I highly recommend Watching/Reading It.

It's good, the books are better.

Seconded. I got Kindle to get Dance with Dragons on the premiere day. Was worth it.

Anyway it's amazing how well they managed to bring the books to the screen. Granted, Martin worked closely with production team and kept right to have last say which combined with his TV background was a winner, but still. They packed insane amount of events from the first book into one season and it makes sense.

Oh, didn't see that. Disregard the better part of my last post then...

Yeah, gotta admit, surprised me too reading the book afterwards. Sure, there's a lot of flashbacks and internal monologue that's cut out, but otherwise it feels fairly complete.
They should have done LotR as a series too maybe...

They should have done LotR as a series too maybe...

Watching current trends they will do it. Everything gets remade now. They even remade Karate Kid and now Total Recall. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch new Conan in 3D (I'm counting on some 3D sword fighting and 3D tits). It won't be Conan without Arnie, but I'm hoping for decent brainless flick.

Heh, I hope for the best. The trick is to remember that nothing can defile the true Conan. I also read the books and the new move seems to be even closer to books than old ones ever were. Books (as I remember them) were quite action packed and gore filled.

To be honest after watching trailer few months back I forgot about new Conan (probably a self preservation mechanisms kicked in) but yesterday someone at work said we should definitely see it.

I have heard that Mamoa got rights to write screenplay for a sequel. He was quoted saying that he wants to put a lot more stress on epic fights and action. Aside from the fact that
WHAT THE FUCK MAMOA WILL WRITE SCREENPLAY FOR CONAN WHAT WERE THEY THINKING JUST FILM SOME HORSESHIT AND SELL IT AS CONAN 3D 2 THE REVANGE OF THE HORSE GOD
does that means that this movie is not packed with epic fights and action?

Hahah, probably.
Then again, Stallone wrote most of his screenplays too...
Not that I'm suggesting Balb...wait, Mamoa has any sort of likeness to Stallone
Also, hopefully this alignment chart isn't too much of a spoiler...
Guess I'll spoiler it anyway.

alignmentu.png

Hahah, probably.
Then again, Stallone wrote most of his screenplays too...
Not that I'm suggesting Balb...wait, Mamoa has any sort of likeness to Stallone

Good one. Still Arnie had better one liners than Stallone. I had no idea Stallone wrote his own screenplays (aside from that last one). Demolition Man was good but I just checked and he didn't write that one.

Eunuch lawful neutral? I'm not sure, time will show. I smell layered conspiracy and in the end who knows what was his motivation.

On that topic I will post in amusing pics.

Not all of them mind you. He wrote the Rockys and Rambos though...

I'm pretty sure his motivation was survival. Didn't make that chart, so I'd say he's more of a true neutral character...oh well.

Agreed, in court it's smartest to serve current king but not to show your support to eagerly and, most importantly, to plan your moves one king ahead.

Back