Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

azanimefan

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Synopsis, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual chapters and first impressions of this manga here. Full reviews should be posted here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its funny... i'm not a comic book guy, yet i rather loved this manga.

This stands as the first manga to pulls a 4.5 out of me.

anyone else read it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is a short thread... I'm rather surprised there's not even a post by @GenSan in here :o

Well, recently started reading this after hearing it was real good through the Planet With anime thread. 4 chapters in right now and...
Man this author really likes to twist the traditional hero/villain roles a bit :o Our main dude and Samidare both apparently want to destroy the world (but on their own terms), and he even was ready to kill that girl who's waaay too forward just to hide his secret... interested to see where this goes :o

Sadly, many manga threads here are pretty dead. ;_;

That said, have all my motherfucking thumbs up for starting this manga:

eb154faf720f14b2136c3052823a1ce3.gif

Sami is the best princess, she's INVINCIBLE:

TRX0r.png

Biscuit hammer really holds a special place in my heart, as the first manga I read from him. Also, definitely check out Spirit Circle as well after this one, which tackles the concept of reincarnation in the most interesting way I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I should probably re-read this at some point. I remember liking it, but can recall hardly anything about the plot.

Also, shame on @GenSan for not even mentioning Sengoku Youko

Chapters 5-6:
Oh man, droppin' the dark, depressing backstory on us :o That's some shit with the grandpa, I feel like it should be harder to forgive him than that... but a wish has been made, and now a golem shows up to attack him while he's away from Samidare :o

Based on Planet With, I'm like 99% positive we're going to learn at some point that there's more to these golems, the biscuit hammer, these rings and basically everything... and some of it will probably be earlier than one might expect XD

Chapter 7:
I literally said "you're in the mountains, just throw it off a cliff" XD Ended up being more like getting it to follow him off a cliff, but close enough. Go Yuuhi

Chapter 8:
A rival appears! Seems interesting, curious if all these "jobs" are actually ally of justice things or if it's going to turn out he just has a bunch of normal-ass part-time jobs to pay the bills XD The panty gag is getting rather old though...

I do have to wonder how Samidare got so ridiculously strong...

Chapter 12:
Well shit. Now we know why Samidare wants to destroy the world, and this is definitely going to make me sad by the end...

I feel like this thread is basically just my personal reading journal at this point... like I could say anything I wanted and like two other people would see it. I'm not sure yet what to do with this temptation...

Chapters 13-14
As much as I knew this was coming as soon as the chapter titles were named for Shinonome, the dog story still made it kinda sad D:

Also: damn Samidare, collateral damage much XD

I feel like this thread is basically just my personal reading journal at this point... like I could say anything I wanted and like two other people would see it. I'm not sure yet what to do with this temptation...

Chapters 13-14
As much as I knew this was coming as soon as the chapter titles were named for Shinonome, the dog story still made it kinda sad D:

Also: damn Samidare, collateral damage much XD

Don't worry man, I gotcha, I'm still watching every post in this thread like a hawk:

tenor.gif

Your reactions are all great.

Chapter 15:
I've been thinking this for a bit now, but this Magical Mary show they watch is kinda messed up XD I kinda want them to actually make it a thing....

Well, some emotions over last chapter's big events, and now more knights are appearing :o I suspect things are only going to ramp up from here...

Legit complaint about the state of affairs:

I want an anime of this. I generally dislike manga, as it's nearly impossible for me to get into actually reading one. I can hardly get into it when reading one piece, the one manga I do read. But I guess we won't an anime of this, because of licencing issues or whatever?

BUT WE GET ONE FOR FUCKING LORD OF VERMILLION AND 3D KANOJO.

Life isn't fair. This seems like it would be really good.

Guess this is yet another reason for me to watch planet with.

Chapter 15:
I've been thinking this for a bit now, but this Magical Mary show they watch is kinda messed up XD I kinda want them to actually make it a thing....

Well, some emotions over last chapter's big events, and now more knights are appearing :o I suspect things are only going to ramp up from here...

You should watch this: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/dai-mahou-touge

Which relentlessly parodies Mahou Shoujo, in the funniest way possible.

Also, I think the thing I love about Magical Mary, the show within a show, is how it pretty much parallels the events of the plot. Parallels, parallels everywhere with this manga.

Just read the first two volumes and absolutely loving this. Definitely going to be reading the whole thing despite the strain on my eyes caused by the black and white color pallette (don't get me wrong the art is great, the black and white just hurts my eyes and it's an issue I have with any manga I try to read). Everything about this is damn near perfect so far and I don't think I need to explain why I love Sami so much already
:love:

IsvwvA3.png

Best girl appears to be channeling her inner Satsuki and I love it (yes I know this was years before kill la kill)

Chapters 16-17:
Is it just me, or is every knight a weirdo in some way? Yuuhi's basically an abused puppy with a grudge against the world and a soft spot for Samidare, Hangetsu had his whole "hero of justice" thing, Mikazuki's a battle-nut and literally insane, and Nagumo... haven't seen much of him yet, but it seems like he has a complex about his age, I guess? Not that I'm complaining, the weird characters are part of the charm XP

Chapters 16-17:
Is it just me, or is every knight a weirdo in some way? Yuuhi's basically an abused puppy with a grudge against the world and a soft spot for Samidare, Hangetsu had his whole "hero of justice" thing, Mikazuki's a battle-nut and literally insane, and Nagumo... haven't seen much of him yet, but it seems like he has a complex about his age, I guess? Not that I'm complaining, the weird characters are part of the charm XP
I'm noticing the same thing too but that's a huge part of the reason I'm loving this so much!

Chapter 47
My brain is scrambling to figure out, what exactly, this means:
S7wv9SD.png

"Ruined future" is leading me to think that there's something more going on here than what's been shown so far. Maybe Anima ruins the world after it's saved? Since it's been explained that the previous Beast Knights have always lost the wars we don't even know what Anima does if her side wins...

Another thought just came to me in the bathroom (yes really), if Anima more or less exists inside of Sami then does that mean Anima knows she wants to destroy the world? OR MAYBE DESTROYING THE WORLD IS SOMETHING ANIMA IS INFLUENCING HER TO DO OH SHIT

This is gonna give me something to think about for a while.

Finished the rest of it! I don't have much to say other than this was a masterpiece, 5/5, and this actually surpassed Gurren Lagann for me in quite the number of ways.

@MistLiigh you are in for one hell of a ride dude. :-)

Back