Upcoming server migration and performance improvements

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to keep you in the loop that sometime very soon (hopefully within a few days) we'll be moving Anime-Planet onto a very scalable, very powerful new server infrastructure that will not only make those mongo/feed errors a thing of the past, but in general we'll have massive room to grow moving forward.

We're setting up the new infrastructure and testing it in parallel, so there should be very little downtime involved when we actually make the switch.

Because I'm guessing people will reply with two additional questions, here's the answers up front:

1. Does this have anything to do with the server maintenance that popped up over the last 24 hours?

-No. That was because of a bug in our manga update code which we've fixed

2. Will this mean the site gets faster?

-Yes, to some extent. The good news is that the redesign code has been refactored in almost all ways to be highly efficient, so when the redesign launches there will be a massive performance improvement in general

Awesome!

I'm glad to hear about the feeds; I love them but I don't like the errors :p

Yeah, those feed errors are really annoying, great to hear they will be gone soon! This also means the error you get when changing the picture on your signature will be gone, right?

Wow, this is so epic. I can't wait to see the redesign and feel the power of the new server. Just hope the cost of the new server isn't hurting you too much. xD

Back