Tsubasa Chronicle - Tokyo Revelations

algelic

Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just finished watching episode 2 (The Boy's Right Eye), and here are my thoughts:

Episode #: 2
Yuck... yuck... yuck... :@_@:
This really gave me the creeps. I knew what would come next, thanks to some friends who read the manga, but still... I seriously didn't think they'd show that. I thought they'd give us the "PG rated" version.

I was so used to seeing these characters act nicely... so I was really shocked at all that blood shed. Not even the bloodiest episode of Full Metal Alchemist made me shudder... but THIS did.

Poor Fay. Got his eye ripped (and eaten :...: ). And for a few seconds there, when I watched Kurogane defend Fay, I got the feeling I was watching shounen-ai anime :laugh: ). I'm already on the tube!syaroan's side!

As usual... Sakura is the ever-useless heroine. Seriously, all she does is sleep and stop bad people from being punished. :frustrat:

By the way... it really IS obvious that the "other" Syaoran spent the last decade or so in a tube! He totally forgot his conversational skills!
Kurogane: What's the crest on your chest?
Syaoran: It's from the people who killed your mother.

Tsk tsk Syaoran. Nice way to make a good first impression!

Overall impression: Great animation, awesome voice acting, incredible use of the songs (I missed hearing "Hear Our Prayer"!) and... I'm glad they inserted all that action. It was like... more than 8 manga chapters in there, or what? I liked this a lot! I'm just chicken and don't really like to see so much blood. lol

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I disagree about the shuddering. FMA does that much more to me. Well I really dont have much more to add except that it is a great anime :)

is the ova worth watching, I finished the season of tsubasa chronicles and was like dissapointed because they won't doing more episodes and left it all open, and recently I saw they made this ova but don't know if I should watch it, besides I didn't really like the series, the plot was xtremely slow and in the end I didn't understand anything. does this ova explain anything?

The reason why they left things open after the second season was because they thought that there was gonna be a 3rd season. You can tell that they were setting this thing up to be a very long series (introducing new characters, plots and sub-plots, etc). Only thing is, the old crew wasn't too keen on bloodshed. As you can see from the OVAs, the new cast decided to throw in a lot of blood/gore.

I was thrown off guard when I first saw it, but they're not afraid of blood (obviously) and they're staying on track instead of having those fillers thrown in. I personally would've liked another season, with this new cast (directors, producers, etc) :(

The OVA has a much darker feel than the anime, which I prefer actually because I love the manga. Ever since I first read about this arc I've been hoping it'd be animated.

Episode 1 and 2 thoughts:
I wasn't really impressed with the first episode, but in the second when the real Syaoran showed up, I was bouncing off the walls with happy. XD I loved the contrast between him and clone Syaoran, and how rough he was in dialogue. The action sequence was amazing, and Kamui with his vampire twin... I know this arc isn't everyone's taste, but as a fan of this part of the manga I am extremely impressed with the OVA. I'll be chomping at the bit until episode 3 comes out.

Yea, sucks that we have to wait until March for the third and final part of the OVA to come out :crying:

Does anyone know if this is going to be the end of the animes for Tsubasa Chronicle?

Well there was never going to be more anime for Tsubasa. The OVA was a surprise in itself. o.O They might eventually pick it up after there is a definitive ending, but who knows. :/

That is so lame, I really hope there will be more anime for Tsubasa. It is one of my favorite shows...

episode 3:
Yay Sakura has a backbone! I thought this episode was the best yet. Loved the ending. However I cant believe there wont be made anymore sequels! Here in Europe the manga is only released till 16 so thats not even where the anime is... *pouts*

I just finished all 3 episodes. Definitely a lot of revelations there. I had always thought that the syaoran-looking guy in Fei-Wong's chamber was a clone, and was almost ready to burst out and steal the feathers or something. It was a surprise that it was the real syaoran. It was also interesting to see how Fei-Wong twisted events to bring the group together, and what he was planning to do all along. The only thing they didn't reveal was his wish (unless I missed it somewhere). What is Fei-Wong's wish? Complete multiverse domination or destruction? Immortality? Godhood?

Overall, the OVA did have a much darker feel to it (even mokona's voice was more somber and serious), especially towards the end, when sakura, always sweet and innocent, turns serious and proceeds to get the crap kicked out of her. She looked like a real mess with that bloodshot eye. And that character she met on the way back to the city...I think that was supposed to be the sakura from the previous series? I never saw that one.

They certainly left a lot open for a third season, or perhaps another OVA. At this point they need one or the other.

I liked very much the tree OVA. Aside from respecting the manga, they had awsome graphics and soundtrack. I like the way they made Kamui, he's one of my favourite CLAMP characters. And I love the strenght that lies inside of Sakura.
I think the quest she embraked on was one of the most meaningful and profound parts of the OVAs.
All in all, they did a great job and, indeed, it has a much darker feel. I wasn't very shocked because I had read the manga beforehand, but it left me speechless.

It was Sakura form CCS, althought it wasn't supposed to be.
In the manga Sakura-CCS isn't the one who shows her the way back, The people that have died in the city show her the way back home
I must say that I prefered this OVA to the seires, It follows the manga style much better, and I'm really dissapointed that they aren't going to finish it off.
What happens in the OVA is really the begining of the whole thing, In my opinion
But I am happy with everything that they have done and I don't mind reading the manga to find out what happens.
Especially seeing as the manga is still going :D

I must say that I prefered this OVA to the seires, It follows the manga style much better, and I'm really dissapointed that they aren't going to finish it off.

So you're saying that if/when they'll make 3rd season it will take off from the point where 2nd season ended? But that's plain... wrong :S 2nd season ending is the biggest joke ever, while ovas are win :< They can't butcher this series this way, right? :S

I don't think they will make a 3rd series to be toatly honest, Thats just my opinion, although I haven't heard anything of a 3rd series either, But that doesn't mean that there won't be, But I don't know.

the anime is no were near the manga there is a long way for the anime too go so prob there is goin to be another OVA but not a new serues since the budget for teh 3rd series would be quite big

Excellent OVA series I wish they would continue it especially since i can not find the rest of the manga.... kinda pissing me off. Any way I did like how the series went from a action Shoji feel to more of a shounen. GDI I was tired of the niceness, if I wanted that I would watch Air or Aria.:!!:

Back