Dark Souls

Quizap

Kinda disappointed I haven't seen any threads for this. Game is epic, that is certain... and it's a ton harder then Demon Souls was.

Just wondering on anyone else's opinion on the game. I think it's awesome, it keeps me glued to it for the time I'm able to play and the difficulty level is so high that it aggravates me to the point that it's like an itch and I have to beat it just because it's so hard.

I can't play this until winter break T_T

Although hopefully the used price will be $30-$40 by then.

Demon's Souls wasn't particularly hard, it was just frustrating at times. It took dedication, not skill.

Got it today; excellent game. I'm glad it's not another hack-n-slash game although I do get frustrated when I miss timings and get killed for it.

Demon's Souls wasn't particularly hard, it was just frustrating at times. It took dedication, not skill.

That depends on how you play it. There's things like parrying and so forth that are risky and take skill, but it's true that you could get through most of the game by just being really cautious and doing something like running around with a spear and shield the whole game which doesn't take any real skill to do. Firestorm also sadly makes easy mode of any bosses.

As far as Dark Souls goes, I own it and the official strategy guide, although I don't use the guide for anything more than character planning or checking previously completed areas to see if I've missed anything interesting. Although, I haven't played a lot into Dark Souls yet as I'm still working on doing a replay of Demon's Souls, but I'm almost done, only the last few bosses left. I've been having quite a bit of fun from what I've played of Dark Souls so far though, as it is, Demon's Souls is still one of my favorite games and this seems to generally be an improvement of that. I'm really looking forward to messing around with Covenants, they sound really cool.

I pre-ordered it on Amazon, and it still hasn't shipped. I'm kind of annoyed, and impatient right now.

Damn. What's the worst thing that could happen on this game? Have 9000 souls, die, then accidentally roll backwards off a bridge because you forgot that the 'B' button doesn't use item.

Damn. What's the worst thing that could happen on this game? Have 9000 souls, die, then accidentally roll backwards off a bridge because you forgot that the 'B' button doesn't use item.

Lol... sadly, that's normal in Demon Souls and Dark Souls. Worse is having around 6k, get stuck in a poison bog at the bottom of Blight Town and having 50 wasps around you.. rolling is a no go and the campfire is like 100 feet away every time. Gets really frustrating. Most frustrating boss I've encountered is the Hydra. Screw that business.

Easiest boss thus far in the game is the Gaping Dragon. Bad ass looking but a complete joke.

I'm having troubles with the Bell Gargoyles at the moment. Got no humanity so I can't summon Solaire either.

EDIT: Destroyed the Gargoyles. Annoying things. Managed to get the Tail Axe aswel, though it's weaker than I expected it to be.

I'm just wondering if there's anywhere to farm souls early game. Can't get to the sealed part of the Gardens yet because I need 20,000 souls to buy the seal. I currently have 14,000 and it's a bit tedious farming soldiers at 30-60 souls per head.

Last edited:
What the fu...

O.K. this game is incredibly friggin' retarded at times. Just joined the Forest Hunter's covenant and almost immediately got kicked out; I killed the NPC's to get to Alvina, spoke to her and joined the covenant, went back to the bonfire and as soon as I walked back into the area it said I had betrayed the covenant. What the hell?

Now I've got to farm 70,000 souls to absolve my sin. Arrrrrrrrrggghhghghgg!!

One thing I'm loving more then anything is the ability to free roam the whole world unlike in Demon Souls. Thus far, I've encountered one boss that's incredibly hard to beat just because he's so damn fast... Great Wolf Sif... who's a giant Horo wolf that wields a giant sword in it's mouth. The range is retarded and the speed at which the pos moves is astounding. So! I left! :laugh:

I joined that covenant but haven't been back. Only covenant I like thus far is the undead dude's in the catacomb. Sweet weapon, check! sweet spell, check! It's made my world tons easier.

Little advice for those a bit behind me. Endurance and Vitality are everything once you get about 25 str. I have 1100 health and I'm lvl 40 and still get one shot by normal mobs where I'm at.

I'm building a DEX character so Endurance and Vitality are even more crucial for my class. Endurance helps greatly with blocking and running like mad from enemies. Also, not tried fighting Sif yet, I was advised against it xD

I'm level 38, did a huge amount of soul farming in the Darkroot Gardens before joining the Forest Hunters - just waiting around now to be summoned against invaders :D

Only thing I hate about this covenant is the frailty of its contract: You can't kill anything in Darkroot or Alvina gets pissy with you. I hope they patch that to allow you to kill some creatures; at least the Ents at the Parish side entrance.

Got up to 44 this morning before work. Killed the main boss in Sen's Tower. He's just like the giant knight boss, or the second boss in demon souls; just he's a bit more obnoxious. Drops 30k souls and his own soul.

I have yet to find a smith who crafts weapons from the souls of the bosses that drop them. I've found 3 thus far. It's a little aggravating having 4 boss souls and nothing to do with them.

Hilariously, I ignored vit and end for a little attunement. I wanted to get 2 attunement slots and 12 attunement got me that so I used up all my 44k souls on attunement. Now I'm using a pyromancer spell that fires an AOE fireball and leaves a giant pool of lava. Have yet to test in combat yet though... lol.

Just lost 30,000 souls in one go -_-

EDIT: Just got 12,500 back straight away by helping someone after being summoned though ^^

Last edited:
I went to the midnight release at GameStop. Keeping it sealed since I got the limited edition. Hoping it is worth good money later. :D

^ Why? That's just sad.

I'm starting to not enjoy getting summoned by the Forest Hunters. Always get matched up with someone 20-30 levels higher than me and with better armour/weapons. Found the Chaos Servant covenant, might join them.

EDIT: Dammit! Summoned to help someone fight Quelaag, got her down to half the last bar of health and I died! No reward for me, booooooo!

Last edited:
I joined the dragon covenant last night in ash lake. So far, where I'm at in the game, it's insanely hard. EVERY mob that respawns is either a capra demon or a taurus demon in the demon realm or after the catacombs, every mob is the giant skeletons and lets not get into Anor Londo, all the mobs are the giant black knights.

And what's more insane is... all of them come at least 2 at a time, unless you're lucky and inch forward to pull one at a time.

Ouch. Not looking forward to being there then. I'm in Sen's Fortress at the moment. Just gone back to get the Seance Ring from the Catacombs incase I decide I want to join Darkmoons. I love invading other worlds but the FH's just drop me with impossibly levelled characters. I just got summoned to fight someone over level 80 while I'm only 44.

Overall though I'm really pleased with the incredible difficulty of this game - I'm trying to figure whether this or Ninja Gaiden 2 is harder. Quelaag was a fun fight but difficult. Really dislike being in the swamps and I'm glad to be out, but I need to go back for the Great Hollow later - I want to take a look at your master :P

EDIT: You'd think I'd be matched up against someone my own level when summoned but noooo. Just gone up against a guy who killed me with two hits. Also why being invaded sucks because it's always someone 4000 levels higher than me.

Also, do you know what is happening when your character randomly absorbs a sort of golden dust? It's similar to soul absorption but I don't gain souls or humanity for it.

Last edited:
Back