Glasslip

2 Days, I'm pretty psyched for this actually.

XhFBrv4.jpg

pOc0hLs.jpg

qjW0S0U.jpg

5N1AqyH.jpg

sRux0tk.jpg

PiVMJD6.jpg

aK4LYru.jpg

2jUfJmt.jpg

1UDr25a.jpg

LrdJaoM.jpg

1TxKUju.jpg

fytioL9.jpg

d2hGuix.jpg

i0PmCkw.jpg

Alf2wsc.jpg

w9z2nLF.jpg

Will watch DEFINITELY
preview tells me it'll be feels trip

People compare to anohana lets see how it fares.

I got some Ano Natsu de Matteru vibes though

Pumped up for it indeed

Just watched the preview and the visuals and interactions suggested Nagi no Asukara so strongly that I didn't have to confirm it was the by the same studio. More than that, the preview by itself made me think that this is from the same creative team (at least director and some writers) as Nagi no Asukara ... My guess is that we are going to get to know a cast of characters very well and come to care a lot about how they interact, drama laced with humor rather than vice versa.

I wasn't nearly as strongly reminded of Hana-Saku Iroha or Angel Beats, both PA Works products that I really enjoyed but in a different way from Nagi-Asu.

Episode 1

Hmm, I still think this has to be the weakest P.A. Works so far, in terms of the character designs. It looks odd, especially when I saw the PVs. Everything is else is fine, standard P.A. stuff; atmosphere, pretty backgrounds.
I was expecting this anime to be about glass making but it seems the actual plot is a love triangle. And for some reason, I see the chicken stuff as a way to characterize the character's personality. Like we have a quiet chicken with the quiet girl, the redrawal chicken with that guy in the room, etc. Even the ending, in a way reinforce this idea.
Overall, it's fine, for now.

episode 1
Yeah, sad to say but this one is least convincing first ep I've seen from P.A works.
Visuals are pretty as always, but honestly... the entire episode i was wondering what the hell I'm actually watching.
Mixing hanabi, chickens, mysterious transfer student and obvious love triangles kinda felt like I was watching some random scenes put together, barely any real plot set up. I think mid season k-on was more solid with plot development.
Well, let's see what they will bring out in further episodes. Might be just a slow start.

edit: wait, what? Nagi no Asukara? did i miss a nice show from P.A. Works? fml >_>

Episode 1:
It didn't really click with me. The chickens were the best part, everything else put me to sleep. I've never been a fan of P.A. Works though, so I'm not really surprised.
"David" guy came off as a creep, but apparently he hears voices so I guess that explains it. There's some tension between the group of friends, but so far it just seems kind of petty and weird. Things will probably heat up soon though, or so I hope as they don't really have the time to dillydally with only 13 episodes. Maybe I'll be more interested as the mystery unfolds, but right now I'm just very 'eh' about it.

David strongly reminds me of some character. I mean, first look at him, and i was like "omg it's this guy... i don't remember who though." might be the guy from Another but im not sure

So this is PA works? Well can't say I liked any of the work they've done so far. Hope this one goes better.
Episode 1
The opening was better than I expected, but I see a romcom, something I am not into.
The sound is high quality which I like and the animation is also, too bad we won't get to see anything out of the ordinary.
Do kids in Japan read Camus nowadays?
Also those are some tame chicken, I never saw one not running from people.
The chicken dialogue was kinda dumb. How does that converstaion work? The whole thing felt forced and alien.
They only use male chiken for the sound even tho not all are male.
Dammit every dialogue is so forced trying to give exposition on characters, but it is just so fucking forced.
Overall very boring, sloppy and uninteresting. At least it is decent. I won't be watching this unless I get some serious recommendations later.
But I'm probabbly a bit irritated now as I've been bitten by mosquitos in 10 paces and have killed only one. It is like they have stealth. Fucking bugs.

EP one......

well half the episode seemed to focus on boasting it's sounds and animations........seen one set of fireworks going off? then you've watched half the episode.

seen nagi no asukara and it's love pentagons? then you've seen 95% of this episode

seen My little monster's chicken scenes?

then congrats you have seen this entire episode without seeing it.

...........I hope it isn't just 13 eps because if that is the case, they sure did waste a lot of time with a vague opener.

Last edited:
Episode 1

Hmmmm this was a weird one.
The first half of the episode really struggled with some basic stuff. Half way in I realised I didn't retain a single characters name or get any feel for the kind of person they were, the reason for this being that they just jumped around random events very quickly without establishing characters or even a plot.

Then the second half of the episode happened with that David guy, who came off as a massive creep to me. I thought he was gonna try and stamp on that chicken just to prove a point. All together, the whole thing just felt... hollow really. What even happened during the episode that gives us an inkling to what the show's going to be about? Is it going to be about a group of friends that look after chickens? I doubt it, and there's a weird dynamic between all the friends too.

I feel like there was more happening in that final cafe scene than in the entirety of the rest of the episode, and something felt a little off about that too, maybe the music? Either way it looks like they're building up to a mystery, so maybe the payoff will be pretty good, I think it's too early to judge it really harshly.

Back