Monster Musume

randomredneck

Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou

Take the typical harem plotline, toss in a few monster girls(Actual monster girls. Not some girl with a pair of cat ears and a tail) sprinkle in some ecchi and cuteness, and BANG! You have Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou. As of this post, it's only 7 chapters in, but I figured it deserved a thread of its own.

Re: Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou

man this starts right up with no warm up...hehehe...page one scene one ....

THIS THREAD WILL REGULARLY BE ACTIVE... once a month... fuck...
MORE RELEASES!
After a bit of googling, I believe the magazine is Monthly Comic Ryū.
This really is one of those series I wouldn't mind getting transferred to a magazine with more frequent releases. Bi-weekly would be fine by me.
---------------------------------------------------------
This manga has a bit of a special place in my heart.
I knew of the author from before he really made any proper mangas.
I knew him because he made hentai. Monster girl hentai, which is what this manga is based on. Though the art in this comic is fantastic. I recognized the art on the eyes.
AMsye.jpg
Those are kind of his trademark. Though "normal" eyes in this manga are pretty damn beautiful, especially with the slit pupils and all that.
The colored pages are absolutely gorgeous and filled to the brim with detail

And as RR said, this isn't some "catgirl" monster bullshit. Nope. We're talking about MONSTER GIRLS! (though we've seen catgirls featured in the background at times)
The main girl, Miia, has her entire lower body be snake parts(starting right under the special place ). Her eyes have slit pupils, her mouth has fangs, her tongue is also snake-ish, and she has not-so-snake-like elf-ish ears.
Hell, she is even ectothermal, giving the author a valid reason for having her be clingy to the main guy like shown in the picture above, which by itself is a surprisingly original idea.
And that's the thing with this manga: It follows many of the harem ques, but many are basically reinvented for the sake of the setting, making a surprisingly original story.
Originality is kind of a big deal since we're talking about a harem manga.
It's simply a joyride to read this manga, especially if you like monstergirls from before, which I certainly do.

This is a harem manga, so obviously the main guy kinda has to be a bit "plain", though I must say I like him.
He's not a spineless weakling like in most other series, and actually has a fucking personality.
And I guess by the art's standard that he is actually moderately handsome, rather than being a utterly dull looking wimp who still somehow causes the ladies to swoon.
So I must give big props for that too, as he isn't a hindrance to the enjoyment of the story.
When he gets flustered, he gets flustered reasonably. Not a groundbreaking thing exactly, but the opposite being true would simply be annoying.
Hell, he makes a pretty darn dirty joke in chapter 7. Not something seen from most other such male leads.

Something to note on the monstergirls and possible speculation for the future:
Each "race" presented was in the original H-comic.
Each one was also "pimped out" more, meaning that in this comic the monster features are more apparent and detailed than in the original.
I'll be honest: I want a few more girls to the mix, really. And my guess is that if they are added then the author will use some he's had before.
(I expect mermaids for an obviously incoming future beach special)
And since he's added more detail... the girl I've found the hardest to swallow is the arachne, and I can imagine the author making one for this comic.
Hell, some old picture I found is featuring Miia's obvious precursor arguing with the arachne girl over the main guy.(can't post it here though)
Girls I do want though is a slime girl and possibly even a Dullahan. That'd be sweet.
Still, I guess it is kinda hard to introduce more girls and give each of them time with such a release schedule.
/wall of text
Man, felt food to express a more lengthy opinion.
I could go on to talk about the other girls more, but I'm sleepy.

To anyone reading this: Read this manga.

This manga isn't "mindblowing". It is simply highly enjoyable with no real obvious flaws to speak of.
For a harem series, that is pretty damn special however, and the concept is quite unorthodox. It really required a hentai artist to make this, though I am surprised that the concept has never really been used before in this genre.

Well, I just read the author's oneshot Deadline Summonnr.
Among the main guy's "summons" are a harpy, a Centaur, and a lamia.
There's also a slime girl and a dullahan, among other monsters.
lWPxK.jpg
So I dunno, there's a chance it seems.
Even the author's original H-manga was loosely based on the Monster Girl Encyclopedia in the first place, so nearly anything goes.

I want this to be released more often so badly... This is the manga that even though I know a new chapter wouldn't be out yet: I check every week anyway. Just in case.

I would love for a Slime Girl to be added, first and foremost. After that: maybe a Scylla, a Dullahan, a Mummy, a Skeleton, an Arachne... fuck it, I want the entirety of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia in this thing!

I've read the entire encyclopedia... that'd be a bit too much...

No, not if it ends up making character personalities irrelevant and even impossible to explore.

I know, It's just that I desperately want more series like this... but this is the only one.

it does not follow the quantity alway means lack of quality...it is just so for the lazy...

I hope so. I'm also hoping that this will eventually get an anime. Animated Monster Girls would be amazing!

Just saw this manga that started in 2011, Centaur no Nayami.
It's a slice of life series though. A weird one.
Still, maybe it is slowly catching on?

It's just one chapter. I recommend not reading it when there's people around.

That was... interesting? and there are 3 chapters (0, 1, and 2) now. Oddly enough, the characters in Centaur no Nayami reminded me of people I've met in real life.

I wanted to check back into this but couldn't for the life of me remember the name until it was mentioned today. Should have put it as reading when I started it.

Back