Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season

Looking forward to some nice animated Japanese moe musical goodness to get over wake up girls low budget work.

Always a joy to have more idol anime around.

Super Sonico doesn't count.

ep 1

Honoka seems to of kept that annoying indecisive attitude she picked up late in the 1st season all just to stretch the episode out on 1 single point that we all knew the episode was gonna be about from the season was announced.....

all in all it's still refreshing to see and hear the cast again. looking forward to the up coming music.

Big fan of the show, awesome to have the second season.

Though i agree the first episode's dilemma looked kinda forced. Looking at how the first episodes of the season are usually pumped and well made, this one could be much better.

Episode 1

Well, it was kind of a worthless episode all in all. But as long as the anime continues with the prior seasons standard of quality there really isn't anything I can complain about to much. I doubt I'll dislike it. The voice actors were passable for the most part, at least better than they were in the OVA before this season.

Episode 2

New rule comes one after another... And now, the rule is to perform all-new song that never been debuted before. Plus, they only have a short time to make it happen. Umi, Maki and Kotori really worked hard to think of the new idea for the new song and costume, those three really got my praise.

Again, Honoka is as annoying as usual. Despite being the leader, she's the big lazy bum of the group. Not only that, everything around her makes her to go to a deep slumber so easily, even if it's a 5 minute break from practice...

Episode 2

Okay, ish. It could have been better.

Episode 3

Now, that's more like it. It was cute and full of singing.

*thanks for the reminder

Edit: I love the sappy drama in this show, and of course singing and dancing.

Last edited:
Well i actually just finished the first season for this one, by chance actually (didn't realise it had a S2 airing until now), so i think tomorrow evening when i have some time i will check out this season. I have quite enjoyed the first season, it goes without saying i like these kind of shows, it really reminded me of Tari Tari though, every time i would stop thinking so it would do something to make me think it again xD

Guess it doesn't sound like i will fit in much though for character taste, considering i like Honoka (which it seems this thread doesn't xD), i just hope i don't have to see prolonged scenes with Eri in as season 1 made me despise everything about her (i guess that's asking too much though considering she is a main character...)

Episode 4

I'm still confused as to why Nico is practically the most popular girl in this anime. It was mostly a fan but very cringe worthy episode. Cringe humour has never really been my favourites and while the girls are quite cute the Nico centric viewpoint of this episode made me rather cold. Next episode seems to hold more character evolution. moreso than this one did for Nico.

I kind of liked this episode, My expectation on the story part od the show was dwindling. this was a breath of fresh air.........and yeah nico doesn't need anymore screen time, she is one of the most recognizable characters, there is like 2 girls that need more development.

the girl who used to ware glasses and her friend that makes the cat sounds, neither were developed as much as the rest in the first season.

Episode 4

Nico is already popular enough, she don't deserve a further development. The ones that really need a better development would be Hanayo and Rin, they seem to be lack of airtime and development since Season 1.

BTW, This is hereby my new profile picture of my A-P profile.

20syu6b.jpg

^i approve of the pic! xD

Anyway so caught up last week on this season, just forgot to post xD
so no point going into much detail

episode 1
was confused seeing Honoka prez, no really i thought it was some lame dream joke or something, weird. I know im alone on this thought but i do love her character... but i don't think the position suites her... good thing it seems to have been a minor near pointless aspect anyway.

Episode 2-3
both enjoyable, i really got into ep.3, very fun to watch. They made me feel like S1 again ^.^

and to become up to date

Episode 4
a "meh" episode for me, I don't mind Nico but i think she is a bit mainstream and aside from that as everyone said, she is plenty popular enough already and they keep developing a already developed character? seems a waste.
i would also love some Rin development focus, Hayano maybe, she is a bit rocky for me, sometimes yeah sometimes not so much (i don't care for her "crazed idol mode") but non the less some Rin development would be awesome, share the screen time out a bit, 9 characters and Nico hogs about 50% of the screen time for herself letting the others split the last 50%. as said, i don't dislike Nico but she is on screen all the time and it's always about her, so a tone down plz.

So in all, a little let down this episode, it wasn't "bad" or anything but the Nico focus (again) left me wanting something else instead. . .

Episode 5

Finally, as what I wanted, a development on Rin.

Only now I realize something is not quite right with Rin's attire since Season 1. Since she does not stand much, it was really hard to notice at first. Rin's short hair made her look like a guy, and it looks awkward for her to wear a skirt.

Rin is also very indecisive as she couldn't decide the positioning for the show. This episode is my favourite so far, as it shows what would happen if Honoka the leader is not at the scene, and a temporary leader is needed to manage. Eri is also right that the group needs to have a first-year like Rin to shape the future, as she Nico, and Nozomi will graduate soon, and so does soon, Honoka, Kotori and Umi.

Hanayo also did a good job to forcefully make Rin to wear the dress, to return the favour when Hanayo herself hesitate to join the group. Clever plot.

Best episode so far. UMI-DAH!
I love this pun. Made me love Umi more. XDD

2j4x1c0.jpg

Episode 5

Well, it was a well thought out episode with a fairly basic premise to start of with, but it gave Rin so very necessary character establishment and development by making her the centre of it all. Even compared to Hanayo and Maki she was rather underdeveloped. Nozomi isn't particularly well developed as well, but Rin was far ''flatter''. :drink:

ep 5

loved this episode, for the first time it gave me a real reason to like rin.

Though the idea of making rin the temp leader seemed a bit random. The obvious leader would be eri but she made a good point that it should be a 1st year. But out of the 3 1st years, Maki seems like the most fitting to be a leader. She is head strong, while both Hanayo and rin seem to be go with the flow types.

All in all something was needed to develop rin, I think a different premise would have been better but I still liked what they did with the episode.

I wonder if run simply can't grow out her hair.........seems like that would have solved her problems, but they would have shaken the ratio of short to long hair u;s members to 1 out of 9...........Might of made the quest for character individuality tougher to pull off........but logically if having short hair makes you feel awkward.....grow it out.....don't add fuel to the fire by keeping it short and dressing tomboyish.......

Episode 5
Im just like opposite to everyone here all the time xD
Whilst i recall in my last post mentioning how i craved some Rin development as i found her cute and likeable, i found this episode wasn't what i wanted after all.

I first am Happy Rin finally got some much needed developments don't get me wrong but it was that which stemmed to me feeling a little "meh", i have always liked Rin, she was a nice side character for me but putting her in the spot light left me feeling uneasy, she had basically just "errr well, umm, hmm, noo, i err, well" all episode in a rather crying type style which wasn't what i wanted, know i accept the whole thing about when she was younger and whatnot but it still didn't give that energy normal Rin does.

So the + sides was she was finally given some much needed developments i wont deny that one.
The minus was her character wasn't herself and in contrast kind of annoying for me.

I also agree Maki would of made a better group leader, pretty much same reasons tootalls said i guess. Now i guess there can be a more off screen reason for Rin which really isn't all that important but from a viewer quick perspective i felt Maki would of worked better. I guess they just wanted to use whatever to put Rin in the spotlight for a bit.

All in all the episode wasn't bad don't get me wrong but i think I'm happy keeping Rin how she normally is, we got development i guess but meh.
So not bad but... ...

On a side:
i kind of wanted to see that show in full ._.

Ep 6

cute stuff, loved the personality swap segment. the song had a nice catchy sound to it and honoka's sister got yet another nice ass shot. think I remember those shorts from S1 >_>

anyways........cliff hanger........wander what the paper was..........

Back