Cooking and Recipe Discussion

Taek

Cooking And Recipe Discussion!

Got a recipe? Post it here. Got a cookery tip? Post it here. Need some advice? Use google.

Recipes
Soups
Taco Soup Recipe by NoelleSasaki

1 lb of ground beef
1/2 of or 1 onion, diced [optional]
1 packet of Ranch Dip mix
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can of Rotel, undrained (Original works best since the soup will already be somewhat spicy)
1 can of corn, undrained
1 can of pinto beans, undrained
1 can of black beans, undrained
1 teapsoon of sugar [optional]
Salt and black pepper to preference
"Toppings": Shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
*If you would like a vegetarian alternative, take out the meat and add a can or two of beans or corn. Or you don't like meaty soups like me, instead of using 1 lb of ground meat, use 1/2 lb and just add another can of pinto or black beans.*

[Stove top option]
1.Cook ground beef and onions together in a large pot until fully cooked. Drain fat.
Proceed to step 2
[Slow cooker option]
1. Cook ground beef and onions together in a pan until fully cooked. Drain fat. Then add to the slow cooker.
Proceed to step 2
2. Add everything else to the pot or slow cooker. The order doesn't matter. {I usually add the Ranch mix and taco seasoning first so that the meat can absorb the flavors a bit.} Add a teaspoon of granulated sugar if you do not want it to be too acidic. Season with salt and pepper to preference.If you are making your soup in a pot on the stove, cook for at least one hour.If you are making it in a slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours. Remember to stir to prevent sticking.

Serve in bowls with cheese on top, tortilla chips, and sour cream on the side.

Tips from experience:
No matter how tempting it is DO NOT add water. The soup will make its own "broth."
DO NOT drain the liquid from the cans. They give the soup its broth and flavor.

Broccoli Soup (Nana Style) by Sianeka
My sister and I are ALWAYS making/eating either Taco soup or Broccoli soup. Both are super easy and super tasty! Okay, broccoli soup (sister's recipe):

I do it "Nana style"

Package of frozen chopped broccoli - Any size you want (unless you want to cut up fresh -- this will take longer)
Medium onion (chopped)
Celery (chopped) - optional
Butter (around 3 Tbls)
Chicken, Beef or Vegetable Broth/Stock - We buy these in the box, but you can use a can or two of broth. (Mom and me usually use chicken, but we have used beef when she didn't have chicken.)
Curry powder (3 or 4 tsp)
Peanuts
Sour Cream

Saute onions and celery in butter until the veggies are soft. Add in frozen chopped broccoli, curry powder, and broth. Cover and Simmer until the broccoli is soft. (Stir occasionally).

When everything is soft, use a blender to blend these ingredient together as chunky or as smooth as you want. (Mom and me disagree about how much we like it blended. I like it smooth. Mom likes it a bit more chunky.) After it's blended, return it to the pot and add more water or broth/stock if it's too thick.

Then when ready to eat, add as much sour cream and peanuts as you enjoy. You can eat it hot or cold. Yumm!!

Note: "Nana style" is a reference to our paternal grandmother's cooking style, which never used measuring cups or scientific measuring units -- she prefered units such as a "good pinch" or "a small handful" of ingredients...

Meat Dishes
Jägerschnitzel by Grach
4+ cutlets of either pork, chicken, or steak
~1 cup of mushrooms
2-3 tbsp. of sour cream
1 medium onion
Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika (the good kind >.>)
1-2 Eggs
~1 cup of breadcrumbs/panko flakes (whichever is more readily available)
~1 cup beef stock
1/4 to 1/3 cup sherry or white/red wine (cider also works)
2 tbsp. flour
2-3 tbsp. oil (preferably extra virgin olive oil)

-Take the meat and put it under saran wrap to contain the juices
-Proceed to smack it around with a mallet or rolling pin until thin
-Place bread crumbs/panko in a bowl; mix in the salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Crack and place the eggs in a separate dish as well.
-Dredge the meat in the eggs, then the crumbs/flakes. Make sure to coat generously; place on a separate plate.

-Meanwhile, cut the onions thinly; preferably very finely diced. Cut the mushrooms as well; unless not already done so.

-Add the oil to the pan. When heated, place the mushrooms/onions in first, and cook until the onions are translucent. Place into a separate bowl. Then, place the meat in, and cook until golden brown/cooked through. Place aside on a separate plate when this occurs; keep warm.
-If more oil is needed, add it now. Otherwise, add in the flour, and cook this for approx. three minutes or until brown. Add in beef stock and the sherry/wine/cider. Simmer until the desired constancy is reached, then add in the sour cream and the onions/mushrooms.

-Pour the gravy over cutlets, then serve. Preferably with spätzel.
~550 calories per cutlet + 1/2 cup gravy.

Korvstroganoff! (A Swedish sausage stew) by Manny
Reagents:
2x yellow onions.
285g corn (after water's gone)
460g champions (after water's gone)
3 dl creme fraiche
800g mashed tomatoes
3x piripiri (are they seeds? Leaves? Dunno... anyway, 3 of em)
2x cloves of garlic
800g falukorv (It's a kind of Swedish sausage... I think you could experiment with this ^^;)
Roughly 100g a tube of tomato purée (take less if you feel like D: )
Aaaand just a li'll bit of soy...

How to:
Start by chopping up your onions and fry them in some oil or butter.
Add chopped falukorv
Add creme fraiche
Add mashed tomatoes...
Simply, just add the rest xD
As for the garlic... you can do whatever u feel like with it... slice or press -_^
A tip could be to use one pan to fry the stuff and a larger kettle to move it to later on and boil in.
If you run into trouble and the sauce becomes too watery, just take some flour and a little bit of milk and make a roux... or if there's not enough liquid, simply add some milk (or more creme fraiche)
=> Done and got something awesome to eat for a week!
(I usually put it in boxes and bring for lunch)

Jasmine rice is awesome for this but if you're gonna use it for dinner at work or school, it gets better with basmati.
BOIL THE RICE

Poulet Basquaise by MiraJane
Serves 6

1 chicken separated into 6 pieces (or 6 chicken breasts)
3 tomatoes (about 2.2 pounds)
2 green and red peppers, chopped
3 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 glass white wine
1 bouquet garni (1 sprig of thyme, tube leak, parsley stems,1 bay leaf, celery leaves)
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
(my prof also added tarragon and black olives to his recipe, but he wouldn't share his family secrets so I'd just experiment if you're ambitious)

Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a casserole. Sauté the onions, crushed garlic, peppers cut into strips. Cook 5 min. Wash, peel and cut the tomatoes into pieces and add to the pan, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 20 min. In a skillet, sauté in olive oil chicken pieces with salt and pepper. add vegetables, cover, add the bouquet garni and white wine and cook for 35 min.

Serve over pasta or rice ^_^

Bon appetit, mes amis!

Kielbasa by Grach
Pork loin
'Natural casings' (a.k.a. intestines)
Salt
Garlic
Pepper
Anything else you want to add; paprika works really well

-Take the pork and grind it until about the consistency of ground beef, maybe a bit more
-Take the amount of salt, pepper, garlic, that you want along with whatever else (jalapeno was even used once), and mix well.
-Take the casing, and stuff with the pork/spice mixture. Best to use a stuffing machine.

-Smoke for a few months using whatever wood is desired; maple, cherry, mesquite, etc..
-Enjoy for holidays, birthdays, etc..

Chilli Corn by Grach
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can...white beans..?
Package of ground beef
Tomato sauce
Salt
Pepper
Chilies (chipolte, guajillo, any others)
Paprika
*anything else*

-Take out a pot
-Put everything in
-Add spices to your taste
-Wait 6-8 hrs.
-Eat

Worst Burger Ever by Raven
1 pack of chopmeat (1 pack of chopmeat that cost about $10 will get you six nice hamburgers)
1/4th cup of Worchestersire sauce per pound of chopmeat
2 teaspoons of brown mustard
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/2 onion
1 teaspoon of red crushed pepper
2 teaspoons of crushed basil leaves
2 tablespoons of flour

Step 1: Mix up the spices, chopped vegetables, and worchestersire sauce in a large bowl (dice the vegetables, a chopper from amazon is great for this).

Step 2: Spread the chopmeat out in a pan but leave half the pan free so you have space to place the burgers as you make them.

Step 3: Spread the marinade and sprinkle the flour on top of the chopmeat and start making your first burger, continue this process until you've used up all the chopmeat to make burgers. Try to spread the marinade and flour out evenly among the burgers and mix it up nicely so the flavor truly becomes infused within the meat! Not only will you have a juicy burger, but you'll have one brimming with flavor and healthy veggies inside (plus a hint of spicyness).

Step 4: Let the hamburgers marinate in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours, in my opinion that is enough time. You can also do overnight marinating if you desire.

Step 5: For Step 5, you guys get to choose the route you take! :)

I'll list the two methods that I used to make the burgers, you guys can pick either one. I really like searing the burgers in a little olive oil, it gives the burgers a nice crunch and really darkens the skin.

A) After the burgers have marinated, take them out of the refrigerator. Place a medium size frying pan on the stove under a medium/high fire. Pour in a little olive oil (just enough to coat the pan!). Put your burgers in and leave some space between them so they are not touching. I suggest cooking with a top so the steam can also help fully cook the burgers. Let the burgers fully cook on one side (because this is beef, I say 8 - 12 minutes. Cut one open to make sure it is not red inside, if it is put it back in the frying pan.) and flip once you see the cooking side is nice and dark. Once the burgers are cooked well on both sides, take them out of the pan and repeat until you've cooked all the burgers.

B) After the burgers have marinated, take them out of the refrigerator. Place them in a pan and put them in the oven (covered with foil) on 350 degrees and cook for about an hour or so. I take the foil off for 10 minutes so it can darken some. Cut in one of the burgers to make sure it is not red inside and that it taste well.

Either of these routes are fine, but I think I largely prefer the searing.

That's pretty much it, I don't grill right now but I'm sure this would be an awesome recipe for grilled burgers too.

Enjoy!

Holubtsi by Grach
One cabbage; size depending on how much you want

1-2 cups of rice
0.22 kg of lean beef (90%/10%)
One to two onions
2-3 tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper, along with other spices if desired
Small can of tomato sauce

*Note* - you can also make this with carrots, beets, or any other meat or vegetable.

Rinse the cabbage first, and discard the outside leaves.

Next, put a pot of water on - the pot needs to be large enough to hold the water and cabbage.
Boil the cabbage until it is tender, which depends on the size of the cabbage. (usually 15-20 min).

While the cabbage is boiling, chop (or dice) the onions. Put them, the beef, and the butter in a pan and cook. Also, prepare the rice in the meantime.

When the rice, beef, and onions are done cooking, place all of them into a bowl and mix together. When the cabbage is done, drain it and place it on a cutting board to drain (or in the sink if it is clean).

Next, take the leaves off the cabbage, trying to be as gentile with them as possible. When the leaves have been removed, place them open (like a piece of paper) on a flat surface. Use a spoon and place 2-3 drops of the filling into the cabbage leaf. When placed in, roll the leaf with the natural curve, remembering to tuck in the sides as you roll. Repeat until out of filling.

When finished, place the rolls very gingerly into either a slowcooker or large pan and top with the can of crushed tomatoes. Place on warm for 2-3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper (or anything else) to taste.

Serve when cooled slightly.

Foley Chicken by Sianeka
1 cut up fryer chicken
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 can sliced mushrooms

Place the chicken pieces in a 9 x 13 roasting pan. Cover with chopped peeled tomatoes. Add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Can also add chopped garlic and/or chopped onions for additional flavor. Cover loosely with tin foil. Bake in 350 degree oven until chicken is cooked through (approximately 40 mins to an hour).

Vegetarian Dish
Cabbage dish by Tae
Savoy Cabbage
Carrots
Caraway Seeds
Butter/sunflower spread (whatever you want to use)
Olive Oil
Vegetable stock

First make about half a pint of vegetable stock and leave to one side, chop your veg and start to fry off in the olive oil on a low/medium heat, once the cabbage starts to wilt and the carrots start getting a bit of colour (this could take about 10 minutes depending on your pan) add the stock and let it soak into the carrots and cabbage, once the stock is nearly all gone, add the butter and stir until it melts. Finish off with the caraway seeds and serve.

This can be used as an accompaniment to a roast dinner or something, I tend to eat it as a meal itself. If you want some meat in it, chop up some bacon and fry/grill and add in, lardons would also work well.

Aloo Jeera by Anudevil13
5-6 medium size potatoes, boiled
1 and half tsp cumin seeds/jeera(Most important)
½ tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
¼ tsp red chili powder(Lal Mirch)
3 tbsp oil
sendha namak/rock salt for taste
Optional, 1 Green Chiili chopped, if you prefer it spicy and 3/4 Tsp coriander leaves
1/8 teaspoon asafetida (Hing) Strong smell, good for digestion
1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor) - Adds a little bit of sourness in it ,Liked by your tongue

Instructions
1-peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
2-in a pan, heat oil. after 1-2~ Minute add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil.
3-now add the green chilies and fry for a minute.(Optional)
4-add the potato cubes and mix it well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
5-sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and rock salt.(and Hing/Amchoor if you want)
6- saute the potatoes for few minutes, add coriander leaves(Optional)
7) Mix the whole mixture for a minute or two.

You are good to go. (You can add more amount of spices according to your taste, I like it very low )

Falafel by Hasse
1 can of chickpeas (or about 3 dl worth)
1 onion
1 big handful of parsley
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon or more of sambal oelek
1 tablespoon or more of corn starch (I guess flour might work?)
salt and pepper

Chop the garlic, onion and parsley. Put them in a blender together with the chickpeas and the spices and the corn starch. Mix until it becomes a fine paste. You should be able to roll it into balls, and if not, try adding a bit more corn starch.

After rolling them into balls, fry them in a skillet until they look ready. You could probably cook them in an oven if you'd want to do that instead.

Serve them in pita breads along with veggies and a nice sauce, or just serve them together with veggies and a sauce on a plate. I prefer a garlic-based dressing, but I've found that a lot of different hot sauces work well with falafel.

I have made falafel using mung beans, but mung beans are so watery that you need considerably more corn starch, so maybe half chick peas and half mung beans would be more ideal.

You could probably make this more fun if you use more spices as this is a very bare-bones recipe, but I haven't tried any, and can't give any tips on that front.

Drinks
Frosty Mocha by Bluntjoker
Ingredients:
1 cup Eggnog (or milk)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee Granules
3 Tablespoons Nesquik Chocolate Mix
14-16 Ice Cubes

Directions:

1. Combine ingredients in blender.
2. Blend to desired consistency.

Mango Shake by Anudevil
Needed
Blender/Mixer
1 Mango
2 Glass Milk
1.5 Glass Water
2 Tsp Sugar
Cashew,Almond

Peel the Mango skin
Cut it into pieces
Put it in blender
Add water,Milk,Sugar
Blend it for minutes
Pour In glass
Add crushed Cashew,Almonds on it

You can add a mango if you like it thicker, Additionally sugar can be increased/decreased according to your taste :3
Healthy Sweet drink .

Ayran by Grach
(also called leben)
1c strained yoghurt
1c water
Pinch of salt

Mix yoghurt and salt in the water until evenly mixed. Drink immediately.

-add sugar/spices if desired; mint, etc..
~120 or more calories; depends on the yoghurt used, and how much sweetener is used.

The 'Hugo' by signorRossi
Since I don't like Prosecco I'll list a variant without alcohol.
1. Cut a big slice from a lime (organic or well washed), halve it and squeeze the halves a little into a not too small long-drink glass you've already added a few ice-cubes, add the lime pieces too.
2. Grate two or three mint leaves lightly between your fingers and add them.
3. Add 2-4 cl elderberry syrup (the one made from the flowers). The right amount depends on the size of the glass and the grade of sweetness/elderberry flavour you prefer.
4. Add 10 cl of San Pellegrino Sanbitter Dry. I really like this stuff in my Hugo since it has this light bitter flavour I like so. If you don't have it at hand substitute it for tonic water (I haven't tried this but some recipes I found online use it and it is bitter like the Sanbitter, so it might work).
4. Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water and enjoy!

Nutella Hot Chocolate! by AyshaShahanie
Ingredients:
A cup of milk (quite literally, you could use your personal mug if you wish)
A tub of Nutella
Water
Chilli powder (Optional)
Cinnamon (Optional)
Whipping Cream (Optional)

Method:
1. Fill a saucepan with water (this will not be used for drinking, just to be clear. I just use tap water). This has to take at least a 1/4 of the saucepan.
2. Set the *saucier on top of the saucepan filled with water and place on the stove.
3. Allow the water to start boiling at medium heat, then use the *steaming technique.
4. Add a tablespoon of Nutella onto the saucier. Only add the Nutella if the water in the saucier had dissolved.
5. Add small amounts of the milk into the saucier and stir until the milk and Nutella have been completely combined.
6. At this point, let the hot chocolate simmer at low heat, occasionally stirring to avoid burnt chocolate.
7. Pour into your cup and enjoy while hot, or warm.

Optional:
- Throw in a pinch of chilli powder when the Nutella is first added if you feel like having a spicy treat!
- If you like the traditional hot chocolate, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder as a topping.
**Add whipping cream if desired :)

*Saucier: A kind of saucepan that has a bowl-like shape instead of the flat part in a saucepan.
*Steaming: A method to cook with moist heat. Usually involves another pan (in this case, the saucier) placed on top of a saucepan. MAKE SURE: that the water does not touch the pan (or saucier) above. If this happens, the chocolate will burn.

Desserts and Sweet Things
Peanut Butter Bars by Bluntjoker
Ingredients:
1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (use the boxed kind, or grind them in a food processor. Tiny granules.)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.

2. In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer.

3. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Chocolate cake by Mangina
Ingredients
4 eggs
2dl sugar
200g butter
200g dark chocolate
1.5dl cocoa
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons of coffee

Serve with 2dl whipped cream.

How to:
Put your oven at 185 degrees (Celcius)
Whip / stirr eggs and sugar together (try not to get too much air into this).
Hack the chocolate into smaller bits, melt the butter and let the chocolate melt in the butter. (Don't forget to stirr! D: )
Mix the choco-butter into the egg-sugar-mix. (Still, keep as much air out of it as you can)
Mix salt and the cocoa, add it to the mix; add the coffee.
Mix it around again => Done.
Put it in the oven for 15 minutes. (In the middle)

Middle Eastern Date Rolls by Grach
(makes four small ones)

3 oz. dates
1tbsp. cinnamon
2tbsp. walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup water
4~8 sheets phyllo dough

-Chop dates, and put into a saucepan containing the water. Bring to a boil, then mush the dates against the side of the pan until uniform (~20 minutes). Sometimes best to remove from heat when doing this..

-Add walnuts and cinnamon
-Spoon into the phyllo dough, and roll them into logs; use water to stick the sides together.
-Put into oven ~176C oven. (350F)
-Wait until outsides are brown, then eat.

Kladdkaka by Grach
*Dead by Choco Version*

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup+ unsweetened coco powder
1/4 cup + unsweetened dark coco powder
1 pinch salt
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
*Optional - 1/4 to 1/2 cup crushed berries; strawberries work best*

-Melt the butter
-Combine the dry ingredients (salt, both chocolate powders, and flour), adding more cocoa powder if desired
-Crack the eggs, and whisk them into the sugar until combined (sugar will turn orange-y)
-Add the cocoa/flower mix into the egg/sugar mix, and combine. Once done, put the butter and berries, if desired.
-Pour batter into a greased pie tin, and bake at 150C (300F) for ~35 min, or until the center is slightly set (it jiggles slightly when moved)

Top with chocolate icing, if desired.

Banana Ice Cream by Killilia
All you need is:

(ripe)Bananas!

Really. That's it! :D

First you gotta Peel the banana(s)!
banana-peel-o.gif
Then cut them!
cut_bananas.jpg
Freeze them for 1-2 hours on a plate or something :3
freezing-bananas-2.jpg
And then blend them 'til they turn out smooth and ice creamy! :D
Blender.gif
I knoooow these aren't pictures of MY bananas, but we didn't take pictures when making the ice cream... D:

Oh and you should eat the ice cream right away! Cannot re-freeze it since it will lose its smooth texture

Cinnamon Icing by 8mangaman

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cake flour - you could use all purpose
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

I use it for cinnamon buns, and sometimes I'll even put it on a stack of pancakes.

Lemon Meringue Pie by AngelbeatsYui
Ingredients
Pastry:150g Plain Flour
100g Block Margarine
1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
Lemon Sauce:15-25g Cornflour
Rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
50-75g Caster Sugar
Water
25g Butter or Marg
1 or two egg yolks
Meringue: 3 Egg whites
100-125g Caster Sugar

Method
1) To start with the pastry, in a bowl rub the Margarine and Flour together until they look like breadcrumbs (Mix in sugar). Once at this stage make a well in the middle of your mixture and pour a little water in. Mix this in so it starts to form a ball, keep adding water until it completely forms a ball. Allow to relax in refrigerator before use.
2) Roll out pastry and line a flan tin....Bake Blind (approx 10 mins with greaseproof paper/baking beans and a further 5-10 minutes without)
3) Grate the lemon, Squeeze juice-make up the 1/2 pint with cold water.
4)In a small pan blend the cornflour with a little of the lemon liquid until smooth.
5) Add remainder if the liquid stirring all the time. Add caster sugar and butter or marg. Put onto a medium heat and bring it to the boil stirring all the time. Mixture should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
6) Allow to cool off the heat slightly, then add the egg yolks.
7) Pour lemon sauce into cooled pastry case.
8) Make meringue. In a clean mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Whisk in 1/3 sugar. Then whisk another 1/3 and fold in the rest.
9)Pipe or spread meringue over lemon sauce. Bake the pie on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Decorate.

Pasta
Mac'n'cheese by Tae
For the Cheese sauce
-Half pint milk (any will do, but whole milk is best)
-tablespoon of butter
-tablespoon of flour
-Cheddar cheese to taste
-teaspoon of mustard

Other ingredients
-Macaroni
-Tinned tomatoes
-more cheese of your choosing

Chuck the milk in a stainless steel pan and keep on a low heat, once it starts to simmer add the flour, cheese and butter and whisk until silky smooth in texture, it'll take a lot of whisking but trust me it's worth it.

Boil some macaroni in another pan, add a pinch of salt to the water, drain when cooked and combine the two. Set your oven to about 200 degrees celsius, add the mac'n'cheese mix into an oven proof bowl and mix in a tin of plum tomatoes and stir. Then top the whole thing with some more grated cheese, I prefer to use Red Leicester so I have 2 different tastes, but normal white cheddar would be just as good, as is sliced mozarella. Chuck it in the oven until the cheese on top starts to go a little brown and serve!

PastaSauce by PinkyIvan
You need:
Mushrooms, any kind, as much as it fits in the pan
Chicken, slice it in small pieces because that way it is easier to eat in front of your PC
Flour or instant mushroom soup to make it more dense
Cooking cream, the small pack.

How to make it?
Chop everything into small pieces.
Throw the shrooms and the chicken into the pan.
Wait untill mushrooms have been dried out of water and most of it has evaporated.
Add cooking cream and instant soup.
Wait a few more minutes.

Cook pasta.
Mix them up.
GG

Pizza Sauce by Naga
Ingrediants:

- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Diced tomato - quantity depends of how much you want... I usually use 2 maybe even 3 tomatoes (but then I'd maybe add more garlic)
- I also add some dried chill flakes or dried chili pepper bits - 1/2 teaspoon for someone who can't manage too spicy
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 black pepper and salt

Instructions:

1) Warm the oil in the pan on low heat
2) Add garlic and leave it for a minute
3) Heat to medium - add tomatoes, sugar, chili, black pepper, salt
4) Leave over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat to low for a nice simmer.
5) Simmer uncovered for 90 minutes.
6) Allow the sauce to cool to a safe temperature and then add to blender.

hiyup that's it.

Pizza Sauce for lazy ass people:

1) put two slices of cheese in the pan
2) ketchup all over it
3) mix it in low/medium heat
4) oregano all over it when it's done
(little bit of sugar and chill for posh asses, but then your'e just tryharding)

It hardens after a while - but it tastes like pizza. I recommend eating it fast with some stakes, or just bread.

Salad
French potato salad by Hasse
7-8 potatoes
1 red onion (big or small, depending on how much you like onion)
1 decilitre or so of chopped parsley

Dressing:
2 parts oil (1 part should be a tablespoon or thereabouts)
1 part water
1 part vinegar (red wine or white wine vinegar are both fine, but I prefer the latter)
1½ part Dijon mustard
Sugar, salt and pepper

Boil the potatoes (rinse them thoroughly if you don't peel them). Slice the red onion while things are boiling and put the slices in water.

When the potatoes are done, pour out the water and let them cool down for a while. While they're still warm, slice the potatoes into pieces that are around 5mm/1/5th of an inch thick, and put them into a bowl. Chop the parsley if you haven't already and add it in with the potatoes, and then pour the onion slices in a sieve and rinse them before adding them into the bowl as well.

Mix the dressing by adding everything but the oil first, and then add the oil in drops while stirring continuously. Season it with sugar, salt and pepper until it's to your liking. Pour it over the potato salad, and then you can just dig around with a spoon until the ingredients are all mixed with each other and covered in dressing. Put something over the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for an hour before serving.

EDIT: You could also add capers to the salad if you wish, but since I don't really like them, I did not include that at first.

Crab Salad by Tae
You will need
-crab meat, fresh is best, but tinned if you can't get it fresh
-tablespoon of mayonnaise
-sweetcorn, tinned or frozen is ok, but if frozen make sure that it's well thawed out
-teaspoon of dijon mustard
-1/2 teaspoon of paprika
-beetroot
-tomatoes
-salad leaves of choice
-balsamic vinegar
-salt and black pepper

If you have a fresh dressed crab, then you shouldn't need to do anything to prepare it and you can skip straight onto the nest step, if you have tinned crab, you'll need to drain it really well, so use a sieve to drain the brine/oil/whatever it's been preserved in, and then I tend to place it on 2-3 sheets of kitchen roll to make sure it's nice and dry.

Once your crab meat is ready, chuck it in a large mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, dijon and paprika, and mix really well, drain your sweetcorn and add that in too. Salt and Black Pepper to taste. Sort your salad out, I tend to use a peppery salad like rocket and watercress, but lettuce and spinach leaves can also work really nicely, lay your beetroot and tomatoes however you want and spoon the crab mixture over the top.

Guacamole by Hasse
3 ripe avocados
½-1 red onion
1 tomato
Juice from one lime
Chili sauce or 1-2 finely chopped chilis
Salt and pepper

Use a blender if you want a fine dressing, or jsut mash everything together if you prefer it chunky.

Cut the avocados in half, get the seed out and then cut a cross-hatch pattern into the flesh. This will make it easier to scoop everything out.

Dice the onion into little pieces, and them chop up the tomato. I usually don't use the seeds and pulp since it can make it too watery. Knead the lime in your hands to make it easier to squeeze out the juice, then slice it in half and squeeze it over the avocado bits. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it together using your preferred method.

Tabbouleh by Hasse
2-3 dl bulgur
A lot, like a whole pot's worth, of flat leaf parsley
A lot, like a whole pot's worth, of mentha
1 big red onion
½ cucumber
1 lemon
1-2 tomatoes
1 dl oil (olive oil or rapeseed oil)
Salt and pepper

Boil the bulgur (see the package for instructions). Chop the parsley, mentha, red onion, cucumber and tomatoes and add them into a bowl. Let the bulgur cool down a little after it's done, and then add that as well. Add the oil and squeeze out the lemon juice, ad

Pies
Traditional English Eel Pie by Tae
300 g (12 oz) puff pastry
1 kg (2 lb) eels
3 tbls (25 g) 1 oz flour
450 ml (3/4 pint) fish stock made from the eels heads and tails
egg to glaze
1 onion or shallot
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of nutmeg
method

1. Wash and skin the eels and remove the heads and tails.

2. Let them soak a while in salt water, then make the fish stock with the heads and tails.

3. Cut the eels into pieces about 5 cm (2 in) long and put them in the bottom of a pie dish with the chopped onion and parsley.

4. Season with pepper, salt and nutmeg. Add a quarter of the stock to the pie dish.

5. Roll out the pastry, make a good thick lid with a small hole in it and glaze with beaten egg.

6. Cook for 15 minutes at 220°C, 425°F, mark 7, until the pastry begins to puff up and brown, then at 180°C, 350°F, mark 4 for 45 minutes.

7. Cover the pastry with foil just before the pie has finished cooking.

8. Make a sauce by melting the butter and adding the flour and the remaining eel stock, stir until thick, add the lemon juice and pour into the pie before serving hot.

That's the recipe I have used a couple of times, however, I don't make my own fish stock, I just buy it ready made from the supermarket. Eels are becoming increasingly rare to buy too.

Breads & Pastries
Flatbread by Grach
1 package active dry yeast
2 tbsp. warm milk
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 1/3 cup flour

-Put yeast into milk, and let stand until there is foam (~5 min), then stir in the water and sugar.
-Stir the salt and flour into one another, then add this mixture to the water/milk/yeast/sugar mixture at approx. 1/2 cup at a time. Then, cover and place in a warm area (~27 to 35C; 80 to 95F) for an hour or so.
-Punch the dough, and then turn onto a flat and floured surface. Knead for 5 min, then put back into the bowl in the warm area. Wait 30 or so more minutes, and preheat the oven in the meantime.
-Punch the dough again, and roll onto a greased baking sheet. Knead into a flat oval; maybe 1-3cm thick. Place into the oven, and bake for 20-25 min.
~100 cals. per serving

Breakfast
Muesli by grach
1.5 cups 0% fat strained yoghurt
.5 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
.25 cup raisins
1 apple
2-3 dates
1 banana
1 tbsp. honey

Cut the banana and dates into pieces; same with the apple. Put all into a bowl, mix together, and serve. Rather filling, and healthy! ^^
~738 cals, though.. :\

Legendary Super Sugoi Animu Bread by Naga
- take a loaf of bread/toast bread
- apply jam
- put in in your mouth, but don't eat it
- run late to school
- it is said that it gets better with each passing meter

Keep posting recipes, and I'll keep on adding them.​

Last edited:
Re: Anime-Planet Cooking Club!

Tae, you fucking bro.

sign me up

Share your recipes, discuss the best ways to cook anything and everything. Get idea's from the diverse cultural community we have here!

Is this club only for people who know how to cook, or can I just join in for some recipes? I will be able to put up some recipes like Pink lemonade or brownies, but I'm still trying to perfect my brownies...

Is this club only for people who know how to cook, or can I just join in for some recipes? I will be able to put up some recipes like Pink lemonade or brownies, but I'm still trying to perfect my brownies...
I'll answer that by saying welcome :smile::drinking:

Tae is the man!
Sign me up
!

This is just too lovely! Sign me up :smile:

Added!

Here's a really very simple vegetarian dish.

Savloy Cabbage
Carrots
Caraway Seeds
Butter/sunflower spread (whatever you want to use)
Olive Oil
Vegetable stock

First make about half a pint of vegetable stock and leave to one side, chop your veg and start to fry off in the olive oil on a low/medium heat, once the cabbage starts to wilt and the carrots start getting a bit of colour (this could take about 10 minutes depending on your pan) add the stock and let it soak into the carrots and cabbage, once the stock is nearly all gone, add the butter and stir until it melts. Finish off with the caraway seeds and serve.

This can be used as an accompaniment to a roast dinner or something, I tend to eat it as a meal itself. If you want some meat in it, chop up some bacon and fry/grill and add in, lardons would also work well.

Edit: You all signed up while I was typing! Consider yourselves added.
If you have anything to add, you are welcome. If you are just looking for recipes, you are also welcome, if you want to learn new techniques, you are more than welcome. Food Does Not Exclude.

Simple Veg dish (That's all ull get from me, ever)

Ingredients (american measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)

5-6 medium size potatoes, boiled
1 and half tsp cumin seeds/jeera(Most important)
½ tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
¼ tsp red chili powder(Lal Mirch)
3 tbsp oil
sendha namak/rock salt for taste
Optional, 1 Green Chiili chopped, if you prefer it spicy and 3/4 Tsp coriander leaves

Instructions
1-peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
2-in a pan, heat oil. after 1-2~ Minute add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil.
3-now add the green chilies and fry for a minute.(Optional)
4-add the potato cubes and mix it well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
5-sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and rock salt.
6- saute the potatoes for few minutes, add coriander leaves(Optional)
7) Mix the whole mixture for a minute or two.

You are good to go. (You can add more amount of spices according to your taste, I like it very low :drink:)

Edit you add these too if you want
1/8 teaspoon asafetida (Hing) Strong smell, good for digestion
1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor) - Adds a little bit of sourness in it ,Liked by your tongue
Add them with other spices

Sign me the fuck up!

I'll be posting recipes regularly :drinking:

Frosty Mocha

Ingredients:
1 cup Eggnog (or milk)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee Granules
3 Tablespoons Nesquik Chocolate Mix
14-16 Ice Cubes

Directions:

1. Combine ingredients in blender.
2. Blend to desired consistency.

Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (use the boxed kind, or grind them in a food processor. Tiny granules.)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.

2. In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer.

3. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Blunt and Pinky are both added :drinking:

And keep those recipes coming!

Hm... I think you'll have to resize the top image, Tae :\

Recipes, eh?
Hmm...
I think I'll start by addind a recipe for a nice chocolate cake* :3
Ingredients
4 eggs
2dl sugar
200g butter
200g dark chocolate
1.5dl cocoa
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons of coffee

Serve with 2dl whipped cream.
How to:
Put your oven at 185 degrees (Celcius)
Whip / stirr eggs and sugar together (try not to get too much air into this).
Hack the chocolate into smaller bits, melt the butter and let the chocolate melt in the butter. (Don't forget to stirr! D: )
Mix the choco-butter into the egg-sugar-mix. (Still, keep as much air out of it as you can)
Mix salt and the cocoa, add it to the mix; add the coffee.
Mix it around again => Done.
Put it in the oven for 15 minutes. (In the middle)
*Requires a cake form with removable bottom.
XgjmxMh.jpg

Last edited:

If you have anything to add, you are welcome. If you are just looking for recipes, you are also welcome, if you want to learn new techniques, you are more than welcome. Food Does Not Exclude.

Thank you! I will add my own recipes as soon as I've perfected them :)

One more before working 16 hours :laugh:

Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients:

2 slices bacon
2 slices sour dough bread
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)

Directions:

1. Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.

2. Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.

3. Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.

Random pasta sauce for students
You need:
Mushrooms, any kind, as much as it fits in the pan
Chicken, slice it in small pieces because that way it is easier to eat in front of your PC
Flour or instant mushroom soup to make it more dense
Cooking cream, the small pack.

How to make it?
Chop everything into small pieces.
Throw the shrooms and the chicken into the pan.
Wait untill mushrooms have been dried out of water and most of it has evaporated.
Add cooking cream and instant soup.
Wait a few more minutes.

Cook pasta.
Mix them up.
GG

Made a bad excuse of a banner
Well here ya go
iyLtQBz.png

Anime that could be listed on the front page as cooking anime:
Yakitate Japan
and afaik, Toriko's supposed to be about getting ingredients to cook?

I haven't watched either of these but a few of my rl friends loved Yakitate Japan at least!

Back