Birdy the Mighty Decode 2

DemonRoach

Banned
[sadht=Tetsuwan Birdy Decode 2]Birdy the Mighty Decode 2[/sadht][sadhl=2268]birdy-the-mighty-decode-2[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

After just watching the 1st season a few days ago, I was able to finally watch the first episode of season 2. This in my opinion is one of the better animes running right, definitely with the slim choices this season. I highly rec. this to ppl looking for a great series, but please watch the first season since season 2 starts off a month after the events of season 1.

Without going into much detail, in the first ep of season 2, we are again left with Tsutomu inside the mind of Birdy.This is a fun series with bits of slice of life, alien action, and just a tiny bit of the perverted, though no panty shots so far,...if you don't count birdys outfit. The characters have good personalitys, and the animation is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
whaaat? no posts? :|
finished it today and its epic to the max
especially love the animation style!

3rd season plz :)

Eh, honestly I don't know if I want them to do a 3rd season. They butchered the animation so badly in S2 I wanted to rip my eyes out. Seriously, just draw stick figures if they're going to make it that bad.

Story was only okay too. Had some gaps in it that I wish they had filled.

Eh, honestly I don't know if I want them to do a 3rd season. They butchered the animation so badly in S2 I wanted to rip my eyes out. Seriously, just draw stick figures if they're going to make it that bad.

Story was only okay too. Had some gaps in it that I wish they had filled.

am i the only one that liked it?
though there was that one episode where it was terribly bad and i couldnt make out their figures
its likely that its because of time and budget

dvd version has it 'fixed'

Not bad at all , I understand why you guys didn't like the animation on some episodes, but this is something the makers of this anime have done in the past, the story might of lack some enthusiasm but I think it's to bexpected only if there's going to be more seasons to come. The series overall is good I really enjoyed watching it.

So old, it's before the time of The Great Milking.

Well... I had to search and after a communist warning, I found this bad boy, with less posts than there are episodes. I'm surprised it barely has anything compared to the first one! With such a dismal note, I'll start up and catch up to you lot.

Episode 1- Wait, dat OVA. Crap! It was gnarly, and... sweet, was wondering about her, and that glasses guy hamming it up, Hanai always hams it up. Swell guy he is.

Alright, Episode 1 After All.

Legit title.

When we were kids, we didn't have no rock climbing or cliff faces, we had running around on the ground. Kids on alien planets... and it took me until the end of the OP to realize he and MC look similar.

Genocide ain't no biggie, nice to know morals stay the same.

And everything else.

Moss lost her ears. Guess you can't alter hotness.

Just in case:

Damn son, I thought the one with the convicts was her childhood friend, not the guy from the OVA! Now that is a twist!

And that small one, red haired other Altilan? Altan? Small one, I thought it was a girl, then thought it was a boy after a while and now it's really a girl? God, when they have characters that look cute like that, I can't even tell if it's a boy or girl.

First impression, it does look better and hopefully the animation wouldn't vary drastically like in S1, can't forget Boxy from S1, episode 12 (11?) when MC was running around. And it's moving quick, like we're suppose to know what's what and not much of a recap, which is a plus. Why spend time helping people catch up when they can do it on their own time, eh?

Good first impression but next episode, some guy gets his teeth punched out yessiree!

Sanctum Sanctorum, who the hell names something like that?

Episode 2: Guy Gets His Fucking Teeth Punched Out

Can't hear anything over the badass.

When he mentioned his father was missing, I thought it'd be that blue-haired scoundrel with the other criminals and not the bookkeeper. I was surprised, to be honest. But Birdy's childhood friend had better not die or separate ties like last season. It'll get depressing soon enough.

Oh shit, didn't think Tsutomu would get it! He's a smart one.

I was wondering who was that guy face punching the alien in the preview for last episode but I'm not genre savvy enough to realize it'd be the childhood friend. But we got motive, we got revelation, we got plenty of stuff and only two episodes in. Plot so far is "capture aliens behind attempted genocide" with room for development between Birdy and Childhood Friend and plenty of time for comedic events throughout. But like where it's going with showing the aftermath of those affected by the last season's climatic events.

I just wanted to use fallout.

Don't know where you wenches are at but you'll be caught up faster than Papi can swagger to tap dat ass.

Episode 3: Wrench Wench

Last time I think a flashback would end badly. Next flashback will be bad.
Shit, am I watching Gantz? That zoom-in to Earth was da bomb. Fo-shiz.

Now that I think about it, might have suspected it to be White Haired, Tanned Fantasy to have killed the one in the hotel. And with those twins, the cutoff time between their half-sentences is amazing.

OH SHIT FLYING CHOKE HOLD I was doing the horns automatically when she put the smack down on that bitch ass fucker and she fucking leaped feet first onto the same guy's back! Kid's got skill.

This was a pretty cool episode. Life for the unfortunate, some development for Natasu and his relationship with Birdy, some action and while I hoped that child licking pedo got his face caved in by Natasu's psycho side, Birdy did well throwing them out windows and doors.

That shady guy with those aliens, the human who isn't The Bookkeeper, he's the one carrying Birdy in the flashback, isn't he?

Last edited:
I must say, this series was very enjoyable... despite some poor animation quality in a few episodes.

Although I was incredibly pissed off at the end, not because of the show itself, but it was due to the certain copy I obtained online. Instead of watching what I had believed to be the last episode of season 2, I ended up watching the OVA which filled in the gap between both seasons, and I had no idea what was going on.

Then I noticed the mistake which the uploader of said copy made, searched for the real last episode, and managed to find it. If this happens to me again, I will lose my shit.

Last edited:
I think I liked season 2 even more than season 1. It's cool how it was more about Birdy and her past this time. I'd like a season 3 for sure.

The first step is jumping into the deep end without learning how to swim. Or making the first move. Or seeing the elephant in the room and demolishing the wall to get it out like how Birdy demolished that dude's face in episode 2.

Oh... we still haven't watched it?

EDIT: Ok, so I browsed through the Birdy the Mighty Decode S1 discussion forum... and it's already been a whole year since we completed that one!? Also, I think this is not the first time that you guys reminded me of S2 still being unfinished.

Well, I'm sorry and if any of the group members still want to watch S2 (if they haven't already) I'm up for it as soon as you guys are good to go!

Last edited:
Yeah... this is mainly my fault because I have this nasty habit of taking vacations of anime after a prolonged time of watching them. Well, see the edit in my post above yours. I'm up for it (seriously, lol)!

Then it's all your fault that the Birdy group was in limbo, and your fault again because the newest revival is already dead in the water.
Guess we have to reschedule again :laugh:

Since last November? Man we're bad.

The first step to watching an anime is getting the page on the front page and some schmuck taking the first step forward to a better next few days.
I am that hero.

And don't look at the first page, I totally spoil a completely badass moment.

I'll... watch it later. Probably.

You guys are really finally gonna watch this? You've talked about doing so as long as I can remember!

I was excited to see Thrawn's post, thinking he actually -did- start it. But not yet!

I can already remember most or enough of what happened in the backstory-filled first episode to skip to the second and rely on my barely relevant ramblings of yesteryear.

And someone had to take the first step :laugh: None of us did for months.

I'm going to have to rewatch the first two episodes because I do not remember much. I remember a bit more of the original series, at least enough to understand going in :laugh:

I'll rewatch the second episode, but the first episode is needed because the first minute is a badass ball of confusion. And then it's a direct continuation of the first episode.

Man this show looks good. Looks better than before despite not remembering the animation from the first season.

Episode 2
Woah. Is she defending herself with some guy's arm? And she's going toe-to-toe with a giant... undead mechanical skull mecha knight? As a kid?

Man this is badass.

Continuation, Birdy meets up with her old chum, Nataru, from when they were kids back home. Glad to see someone else made it, and he seems like a nice guy. Never said goodbye and it's been 14 years since they left their home of war, racism, pollution and every crappy ass thing that makes it just like Earth.

Backstory, and it is quite a depressing topic. But it's fair that they talk about the past and flesh out their characters for each other and the viewers. 14 years and all that jazz. She can still overpower him.

Kids and their school skipping. That is youth~

Virtual Reaction Chip, quite useful. These alien criminals know their stuff by using such countermeasures to get rid of evidence.

His friend with the glasses hams it up. Makes me wish I was watching it dubbed so I can imagine him as Hanai, who in turn hams it up ludicrously.

A... dude? That little one with the red head who was once an enemy of Birdy or at least an acquaintance but not really an ally from the first season and sometimes helped her out? Same species but with birds? Totally remember him.

When he walked down that hallway, totally tripped me out. The animation sure is something.

Childhood friends, she has such a head start over the little haughty girl. And Birdy's adorably clueless about it. I'm surprised Guy knows more than her about matters of love, or that he knows so much. Probably noticeable when he isn't at the center of it or it doesn't directly concern him (Minus the body sharing and stuff).

999.0% or 99.90% Gold? Reminds me of something. Maybe actual gold. Certainly something.

When Natsume is walking up those steps to the Old Guy's Pottery Shop (?), that animation. Good stuff.
Riansharu, maybe I should have watched the first episode. But he probably died when a building fell on top of him. They do that.

Old Lady Ilma, she's oddly lovable.

Gapirian. This one is new. And karma! Being forced to drink spiked sweat coffee.

This music, prelude to music one can kick ass to. God this brings me back to the first season. Thus tune is some real good stuff. And yes! Running gag returns! That yakuza boss can never get a break. And really, this tune, callback to the first season and it's a chase tune.

Look at Natsuru, standing there like a badass, dishing out vigilante justice by kicking ass and taking names. He's a heroes' hero by completely rocking their arms off. Guess an anti-hero, that whole arm-ripping thing part.

Didn't expect him to be effected by the fallout from the first season or for his bro to crumble into glass shards and glass eyes. The eyes are what really sell it, because that is disturbing.

He actually knocked his teeth out and unleashed a brutal 12-hit kill combo to wall throw, causing the wall to get a crater a second after impact. If that ain't badass and cruel, I don't know what is. Excellent music as well, but the guy will kill himself trying to kill them all.

Good stuff, glad to finally get back to watching it.

So... I'll just generously wait for everybody to at least watch the first episode or two before I start on the face breakingly awesome third episode where people get thrown out windows for being a bunch of punks.

Because that totally happens and is completely plausible after the events of the second episode.

Back