Charlotte

They already did with Shirobako but that doesn't mean I'll watch this. Wait, what?

Shirabako?..............yeah I dropped that show after like 3 episodes........I know people liked it but it bored me out of my mind, I did enjoy that driving scene at the beginning but everything was zzz after that. Dun dun donuts fuck it shat ap..........

So they haven't made it up to me yet.....

ep 1

pretty fun and funny as hell, main reminds me of light yagami but made humorous.

not that light would be tricked that easily

dat teleportation though.........I really like how they limited commonly used supernatural abilities to give them a fresh unique feeling.

the sister was cute as hell and there is probably a big bro removed from their memory, partially of course through some limited power to that effect.

gonna really like this one I think, nice setup.

Last edited:
Episode 1

Yu did come off as very Light Yagami, however, he really doesn't have any of the redeeming qualities that Light had. He is basically just praised for his appearance and, at least so far, doesn't appear to have any depth.

They did hint at that "from experience, it's better to not talk about the stars" thing that probably means he isn't as dim or shallow as he appears. Ultimately, I really don't like him at the moment. He just seems like a really pathetic and desperate character. Hopefully that means he will grow throughout the series.

These abilities do seem pretty cool, although I guess they will all be "incomplete." Which I would say is a nod to the whole adolescent thing, but since they lose their powers rather than "completing" them, i'm not sure why they are incomplete in the first place. Might just be thinking too much into that one.

Definitely excited to see where this show goes.

This I liked a lot.
The first half of the episode was great fun. The main character is a complete self absorbed douchebag, but I give him a lot of credit for figuring out how to make use of his mostly useless power and that's what I hope this anime ends up being about. This group using their flawed powers in creative ways to hunt down other abusing their powers.

This episode does an unlikable main character right because I find him interesting and honest. Plus there's a lot of comedy going on at his expense. The guy is honest too because any teenager would first think to use that kind of power for lewd purposes. I think the guy's open honesty combined with the fact that he gets schooled about half way through the episode kept me enjoying it and liking him even as he was a dickbag.

The second half of the episode at least gave him some more dimensions and I think we can see that he might be clever but he's ignorant when it comes to social interactions. He doesn't know the most popular Idol Group and he really fucks up with the popular girl. Expecting her to chase after him while he could never meet her was a silly idea, but he was shocked when he got dumped. His dumped face was hilarious though. He really did lose it all in the course of an afternoon.

The point is he's got room to grow as a character but I kind of want him to remain a dick at heart.

Great first episode. The art and animation for this were both nice even if the female character designs left something to be desired. The popular chick was particularly ugly.

Episode 1

Yeah, a delightful episode. This is the comedy and premise I can get by for once.

I love how terrible the MC was and how he got everything he deserved. Kudos to the blue hair for dumping his ass. I was pretty pissed when he knocked her over and run off.

Who wouldn't use such a convenient power to one's advantage? Incomplete or not still worked until well it bit him is the buttock. Why study if you can spend the same amount of effort as studying on infiltrating cram schools and taking notes on various people instead. No matter how you look at it, he still busted his ass to get what he wanted so I have to give a credit where credit's due.
The second half of the episode at least gave him some more dimensions and I think we can see that he might be clever but he's ignorant when it comes to social interactions. He doesn't know the most popular Idol Group and he really fucks up with the popular girl. Expecting her to chase after him while he could never meet her was a silly idea, but he was shocked when he got dumped. His dumped face was hilarious though. He really did lose it all in the course of an afternoon.
The most prominent example of this was when obviously he thought that his good looks and high grades will get him the chick and generally all the good things. Because we all know that high school career is serious business. Morale: hide it how you want, your dickishness will shine and bloom out of your every pore. Note to myself. :laugh:

I don't like MC's sister's types, though. Something about that genki cutesy thing irks me and that's the only real complaint I have thus far.
I tend to look forward to shows with Jun Maeda's involvement. Here's hope it doesn't let me down. I silently hope this would be a heart wrenching little number if not the ah well.

I can already tell this show is gonna be a strong starter, then give up and go drama. Oh well. May as well watch until that point arrives.

well there is random comedies and plot driven shows with comedic elements.

it is obvious this show falls into the latter category....I personally prefer this kind. comedy us hit and miss so at least there is character development and what not do fall back on when the jokes don't land...........

Ep 1

The MC is a complete douche and I love it. Thought most the comedy was pretty good, though it looks like this will be tying to be more dramatic from now on. Maybe. Don't know how well it will handle that, but so far I'm enjoying it.

Loved it. Was not expecting it to be this funny. However, I did see this one line posted elsewhere and concerned me.

This was written by Jun Maeda so...FEELS are coming.

Is this person known for writing heavy/heart wrenching stuff?

[UPDATE]

Christ. I looked up what he wrote.....Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!, Angel Beats!. Don't tell me this is going to end THAT way.

Episode 1

I wasn't the biggest fan of Air, admittedly, and I haven't seen Kanon or Little Busters! yet, but I thought Angel Beats! and Clannad were great. I felt like those both did well with mixing comedy and drama, so I don't see why Maeda couldn't do the same with this.

Perhaps their powers could backfire, becoming both permanent and "complete". The main character would be stuck in somebody else's body or, even worst, be forced to continually jump between bodies. Maybe the invisible girl will become invisible to everyone, where nobody will even notice her presence.

Something along those lines could be interesting.
Either way, I enjoyed this episode. I'm liking the MC so far and I like the idea of their powers being incomplete. I'm looking forward to seeing more powers and I'm excited to see where it'll go from here.

While I'm hoping for something more, I would probably be happy with them just hunting out students with powers.

Perhaps their powers could backfire, becoming both permanent and "complete". The main character would be stuck in somebody else's body or, even worst, be forced to continually jump between bodies. Maybe the invisible girl will become invisible to everyone, where nobody will even notice her presence.

Something along those lines could be interesting.

I don't think so. I doubt their powers will grown since they said that their powers will go away when they become adults. From that I doubt their flawed powers will grow or get stronger with time. Instead the episode makes it sound like something specifically linked to those teenage years which makes awkward incomplete powers kinda make sense.

I don't think so. I doubt their powers will grown since they said that their powers will go away when they become adults. From that I doubt their flawed powers will grow or get stronger with time. Instead the episode makes it sound like something specifically linked to those teenage years which makes awkward incomplete powers kinda make sense.

It's just something to think about. She mentioned that their powers would eventually disappear, but it could potentially grow worst/stronger before disappearing. Seeing everything else Maeda has done, I doubt it'll be a simple slice-of-life/comedy with powers that just disappear after a while.

I feel like either something bad will happen or it'll be filled with drama surrounding why they have their powers or the reasons behind why they're incomplete. She did mention that it was considered an illness or something.

Back