My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

WashuChan

My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_logo.svg

Have any of you seen (or heard) of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

It's the third incarnation in the My Little Pony TV series, and it's headed by Lauren Faust, noted for her work in Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, and Foster's Home.

Based on what I've read about MLP: FIM, it's not just for girls only; there are male fans of the show as well.

I don't have it on Dish Network (because it's on the Standard Plus [or whatever they call it] package), so I have to watch it online.

Last edited:
I've watched the first few episodes. Very cutesy! Other then the animation and the many meme's spawned from it, I have no other reason to watch it. I still have seen 5 or so eps, but I'm not in any rush to watch the lot :)

Some of my little brothers friends watch it, it's an interesting show and I enjoy the humour, but then again; I also enjoyed the humour of PPG and Dexters Laboratory so it's not very surprising.
:smile:
Still not actually going to follow it on regular basis, but I don't mind watching the regular episode or so on whatever it is aired on or when I am recommended to watch a certain episode.

hehe... never thought i'd talk about MLP like this, the world is filled with silly surprises. :laugh:

I forgot to mention that it's broadcast on The Hub if you live in the US.

It's also available online as well.

I liked the 80s MLP toon, but when I checked out the recent one on the hub (during the free demo dish had of it), I didn't like it much at all.

I liked the 80s MLP toon, but when I checked out the recent one on the hub (during the free demo dish had of it), I didn't like it much at all.

I liked the MLP toon in the 80's too (distributed by Sunbow).

But, if they remade it again, and it's being done by the same guys who brought you The Powerpuff Girls......It should be some kind of good....

seeing that I have a daughter.....it'll be the first step into introducing her to anime

I was just looking it up & FiM is the same one that I saw & didn't like. I don't like the art/animation style at all, extremely flat looking & movement is extremely jerky.
It'd probably be good for kids who are used to such animation these days, but it just bugs the hell out of me.

Not as bad as the new pound puppies show though. The 80s pound puppies toon was awesome, but the new one is 10,000% different, and not at all good.

edit: Ever since reading the title of this thread, this song has been stuck in my head. :-\
YouTube - Jem - Music Is Magic

Why in the Hell do they keep taking things that was sacred to us when we were kids and simply distort it with crap animation, loser voiceovers, and placements to sell even crappier toys??

I was just looking it up & FiM is the same one that I saw & didn't like. I don't like the art/animation style at all, extremely flat looking & movement is extremely jerky.
It'd probably be good for kids who are used to such animation these days, but it just bugs the hell out of me.

Why in the Hell do they keep taking things that was sacred to us when we were kids and simply distort it with crap animation, loser voiceovers, and placements to sell even crappier toys??

1297065196147.gif

Speaking of male fans of the show, some of the fans of the show include members of 4Chan's /co/ and the /b/ board, so much that a civil war between the /b/rothers erupted between them. As a result, they split off and formed Ponychan.

Some of the MLP:FIM staff, including Lauren Faust, occasionally post on the /co/ board.

It seems to have become quite popular with a lot of Transformers fans. I'm surprised by how well written it is for a children's cartoon.

I love you so much. :laugh:

Guys! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is possibly the best thing! Not only are there little jokes like Dr. Hooves whose "cutie-mark" is an hour-glass (Time Lord Pony, wat?), but there are references making fun of Freemasonry, the Internet as a whole, and so much more. And on top of that, it is just a pretty well-rounded kids show. I like the fact that the main heroine is the leader BECAUSE SHE READS. I don't think there are enough positive, smart influences in children's programming. Also, you will have access to one of the funniest Internet memes to happen in a while. Have I successfully sold you on this business yet?

130872380955.jpg

I doubt you'll be able to sell it to most of the people here :). There are just some people you can't sell to at all :)

Back