KonoSuba – God’s blessing on this wonderful world!!

Episode 1:

So basically this is like a light-hearted version of Mushoku Tensei.

Well, I found episode one surprisingly entertaining. Animation is kinda eh but that's expected of most Studio Deen shows these days.

I'll follow this for now. Could be a good guilty pleasure.

Episode 1

Mediocre animation as per DEEN standard.
However it has it's charm and is quite ''witty'' with it's remarks upon it's own characters.
Overall a average but charming enough show for now.

Episode 01

An overall average opener but it approached the protagonist's strength in a reasurring, fresh new way.

I've been wanting to watch an anime where the protagonist isn't OP and is actually weak in general, with his or her only saving grace being their high luck "stat". I'm sure it'll be played for laughs most of the time, but there's a lot that can be done with it to save the day or to become "OP" in a different way. Let's see how they handle it.

Also, the goddess looks an awful lot like Asuna's blue-haired Undine class.

Episode 2

Well, that was quite amusing. Yes, quite. The mage is... yes.

Also tsundere knight? seems like... maybe.

Ep 2

This first part was funny. Then you had the middle and end that summed up what you can expect from here on out.
We are finally introduced to the explosion mage that only wants to do one type of magic/spell. And that spell is too OP. I can see where this is going.

Then, at the very end of the episode, you finally meet the knight. Tsudere knight? Maybe. However, the way she freaked (more like get turned on) really threw me off. I can' tell what kind of character she's going to be, but it looks like the team is set. Unless I'm missing one more character (can't remember how the OP or ED went). Either way, it looks like anyone that joins is dysfunctional in some way and is going to always screw something up.

Let's see where we are at right now:
Satou
  • Former NEET/Shut-in Otaku?
  • very unlucky
  • average stats
  • slowly leveling up but may not mean anything regarding his strenght
  • did I mention very unlucky?
Aqua
  • Former Goddess (don't see any indication that she still has her goddess powers or status)
  • her powers are a lot weaker than we were to belive
  • Headstrong but lazy at the same time
  • always geting Satou into trouble by jumping the gun
  • Needs some ADD meds
Megumin
Despite being an archwizard, she can only use the high level spell "Explosion" and only once a day. But her burst damage output is higher than most other mages and she can often resolve any problem with "Explosion."

Raratina "Darkness" Dustiness Ford
I'm censoring this cause we haven't been introduced to her character yet. So please, DO NOT READ IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FLAW SHE HAS.
A knight and a masochist.

Despite being a knight, she has trouble slashing her enemies with her sword and often misses. However, she has really high endurance and can easily take hits.

That would explain why she acted the way she did when she asked to join. But to have trouble slashing her enemies? Oh wow. This aught to be good. The masochist part is what I'm really interested in. I can't wait to see how messed up she is.

If anything, I think the fan service is about to increase since the harem (or development of it) is officially off and running. Hope they don't go overboard with the fan service and make this a pointless show of echii, bad jokes/puns, and typical plots/story lines.

Last edited:
Ep 2
Satou
  • Former NEET/Shut-in Otaku?
  • very unlucky
  • average stats
  • slowly leveling up but may not mean anything regarding his strenght
  • did I mention very unlucky?

Wasn't he recommended to be a merchant because his luck stat was very _high_?
I recall his luck stat being the only high thing about him with his intelligence being just above average.
( As opposed to Aqua's ( just?) below average intelligence )

( As opposed to Aqua's ( just?) below average intelligence )

That is exactly why I mentioned unlucky. LOL

Come on man. Look at the facts. Aqua is a total ditz. The mage isn't any better. Then you add the knight and her, umm, "issues" and you see why he's unlucky. He's going to be the one to have to clean up their mess every time they try something. It's going to be a bad journey for him. LOL

Also, I NEED the next episode to come out now so I can see just how messed up the knight really is based on her description. THAT has got to be some funny shit.

Episode 3

While the animation still has Issues because this is fucking DEEN afterall the episode was enjoyable for sure. I appreciate the bouncing masochist wall of a crusader.

Also, Japan really loves their panties.

I still don't get it. What's the issue with DEEN? I never have nor care to pay attention to what studio animates what show.

Hell, the only studios that I know of are A1 Steak Sauce, Gaynix, and J.C. Staff infection. Even then, I don't know anything about them or what they produced other than Evangelion.

I still don't get it. What's the issue with DEEN? I never have nor care to pay attention to what studio animates what show.

Hell, the only studios that I know of are A1 Steak Sauce, Gaynix, and J.C. Staff infection. Even then, I don't know anything about them or what they produced other than Evangelion.

DEEN is known for not investing particularly much in quality control for most of their series yet somehow animating profitable memorable anime once in a while that easily keeps them afloat.

DEEN anime generally has mediocre animation or even terrible animation with a few exceptions here and there. The thing is they get away with it almost always in spite of the mediocre animation. DEEN somehow manages to make profit in practically any season no matter how many shit shows their B and C teams excrete in the same season and often it's not their best animated anime that makes the catch.

Basically, DEEN is a guarantee for almost always having mediocre animation or at best somewhat passable but not good animation with few exceptions. ( Rozen Maiden Zuruchspulen was one such an exception )

OHHHHHHHHH. That would explain why so many people leave comments on this and other forums when they say things like:

"Well it's XXX, what did you expect?"
" I did not expect this from XXX, you let me down."
"I was hoping XXX would redeem themselves with this anime and they did/didn't. thanks/goodbye"
"As always, expect nothing but the best from XXX"

EP 3

HAHAHA. So it's not just the group but the entire world that's fucked up. That poor man.

Episode 2 and 3:
I can almost forgive the subpar animation with all this wackiness. This is really a fun show. I never get tired of Kazuma's expressions. Straight-man protags are always a delight.

Episode 4:
hpFEWgy.jpg

I find Kazuma's every day struggles more compelling than the struggle those kids from Grimgar face. It takes real strength and courage to babysit a bunch of whack jobs.

Anyway, this show. Good God, this show. The humor is still going strong even if they're recycling the jokes. And I feel the seiyus are really having fun with their performance, especially Rie Takahashi, who's doing a splendid job.

I gotta hand it to you, Studio DEEN. You've been pretty swell this season. Keep up the good work and don't drop the ball now.

Episode 4

It was entertaining again. I can't say much more. The pacing was surprisingly fast without getting awkward and the animation didn't become notably puke worthy in at least most the key animation. I really wish that it was better though ,still.

Also; half the next episode preview was a close-up of aqua's slowly bouncing oppai, lovely.

Back