Divine Gate

Let's see how many people accidentally watch the first episode because they think this is the Gate sequel.

This looks dull as dishwater though. Definitely passing on this one.

Episode 1

Heavy shaded artstyle sets it apart.
Male lead is rather... eh
Plot seems interesting but the story telling is messy.
It feels rather heavy handed for an introduction.

EP 1

The animation looked nice. The plot/story, so far, is progressing very slowly. There is still a lot of missing info about Aoto. I just hope they don't go overboard with the flashbacks. To early to tell how this is going to go.

Let's see how many people accidentally watch the first episode because they think this is the Gate sequel.

What did you mean by that?

There's a popular show with Gate in the title that has a sequel coming out this season. I could see people thinking this is the sequel just going off the title.

There's a popular show with Gate in the title that has a sequel coming out this season. I could see people thinking this is the sequel just going off the title.

Oh, you meant the recent Gate show about the JSDF going into that new land via the Gate. Yeah, I figured that would have a 2 or something in the name. Hell, I see no reason why you would think that by looking at the description page. Or the image.

When I first saw you mention Gate sequel, the first thing that came to mind was Stiens;Gate. LOL

Episode 1

Heavy shaded artstyle sets it apart.
Male lead is rather... eh
Plot seems interesting but the story telling is messy.
It feels rather heavy handed for an introduction.

Nothing about fanservice. I'm out.

EP 2

Okay. Things got a little deeper this episode. Still up in the air about this one. I can see a lot of backstory dedicated episodes coming up so we understand everyone, their past, and why they are in the academy/want to see the gate. That or it's broken up into flashbacks in each episode, which can become boring after a while.

Episode 2

Heavy handed story telling again.
Backstories seem all needlessly forced mostly.
Drama was supposed to teach us something about morality and the human psychic but was needlessly shallow and manipulativ and again, forced.

Overall, everything in this episode feels rather forced this is mostly down to having very few scenes that aren't shoving the plot or moral dilemma's down our throats. Which is leaving us question why we should even care about the characters who are presented as nothing but bases for dramatic backstories so far. We are given personalities with these characters but the interactions between them that don't further the plot are brief and not letting them shine while providing heavy basis for dramatic flashback episodes.

It's not this anime's undoing just yet. But forcing backstories down a viewers throat in rapid succession is one of the least subtle ways handling character introductions and expansion and it makes for a very crude watch in an already very crudely told story.

de.

Episode 4

I´m getting increasingly annoyed with the pretentious emo poetry
I´m getting increasingly annoyed with the pretentious emo child scenes.
I´m getting increasingly frustrated that so many A class seiyuu´s have a role in this piece of painful mediocrity
But this episode was probably the best one yet, honestly. This male lead is still painful to watch.

Last edited:
EP 4

WhAt wAs Up WiTh ThAT SuBTitLe SegMeNt¿

KOS-MOS....NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And they live happily ever after.
Divine%252520Gate%252520Episode%252520004%252520%252520%252520Watch%252520Divine%252520Gate%252520Episode%252520004%252520online%252520in%252520high%252520quality.png

Episode 5

God damn that was horrible writing, direction and pacing. Just incredible the dialogue was unnatural the premise was rushed as much as possible and the main protagonist was ridiculously talkative. Of course we have a lot of prose or whatever about the characters. ''The girl who hides her frailty behind her smile'' and such awesome short descriptions. Why would we care about that one after having seen her for one episode for about 2 minutes at most, probably less. This series is an absolute mess and a painfully obvious game adaptation.

What we learned from this episode was also something that could have quickly be relayed through better worked out means. Of course this episode dumped a few more playable characters with some supporting NPC's our way for good measure.

Just amazing, incredible for all the wrong reasons.

EP 5

THIS is how all animes should start..........And do the Harlem Shake!!!!!
pglDIwy.png

Well. I guess you could look at this as a side story character development episode. But I do see what the point was for this episode.

What we were suppose to take away is that Arthur is willing to do anything to get to the gate. He tested the kids to see the choices they made and if they were worthy enough to be used for his plan/mission/what ever it is.

But adding the reveal of the anime ppl kinda threw me off. Are they suppose to be important? Did Arthur know they were hiding there and sent everyone to get rid of them, essentially hiding some secret?

And what's up with the World Council already knowing his decision?

Episode 6

It's as if episode 5 never happened. Rushed as fuck. Let's of idiotic prose and just bloody annoying to watch.

In other words "fuck off"

Episode 7

''Pacing''you motherfucker do you fucking understand it?

I'd talk about this episode and what happened in it.

but I can basically sum it up.

EVERYTHING happened in it.

EVERYFUCKINGTHING

who fucking scripted this episode and though ''yeah, this is watchable/followable''

This anime went from generic uninspired mediocre and boring to completely and utter smoking steaming trainreck.

Episode 8-9

Lot's of stuff happened and not a whole lot happened in a coherent manner.
Stuff just happened and backstories were quickly added and then people died.
And more backstories and random things happening.
It seems that time and space have no infuence over any character in the anime they just do as the creator wishes with no sense of distance or time.

Episode 10-11

I don't even know where to begin. I'm supposed to say that this was all poorly written drama but honestly I find writing that an understatement. This anime is so bad and everything feels like an asspull or fucking pointless right from the start. Even the latest revelation is absolutely beyond comparison in terribly underwhelming. Nothing matters in this anime, characters just do whatever and die by he dozen especially those that barely have had any screentime.

Also that was the fucking lamest fight in this anime to date.

Basically I am saying this; Fuck this anime.

Episode 12

Apparently this is the final episode.
It was a lot of random stuff happening all at once.
It barely had any coherence and the pacing was terrible
all to end in a sequel hook.

I have no mouth and I must scream levels this is.
What the flying fuck.

1/5

With the series just ending, but still fresh in your mind now is a good time to write new recommendations for the series or to revise old recommendations. These recommendations are very helpful to the site even if you're just agreeing with existing recommendations. Just give a brief idea of why you think someone that liked one series would like another.

Now is also a great time to write reviews, even if it's just one line to summarize your feelings about the series. You can even just copy and paste your final thoughts about the series. For these one line or short impressions type of reviews just leave the setting at people visiting my profile. Even though these reviews will only be seen by people that visit your profile they are still very helpful to the site and could be the deciding factor for someone to watch or not watch a series.

Of course if you want to do a full on review then that is highly encouraged. Professional level writing isn't needed to write a full on review. Just a few paragraphs explaining your opinion on the series. For this type of review switch it to Share with everyone and it will visible to anyone that visits the page for that anime.

Thanks in advance,

ZK

Back