Dimension W

Episode 1:
first thing i watch this season and it quite underwhelming, the tone was just way too light considering the setting but ill stick with it for now and see how it goes. also that robot girl is really annoying, hopefully they focus more on the MC instead of her.

Episode 1:

Nothing impressive, but it's intriguing I admit. Maybe I should check the manga. I like the MC's design. He's like a character from Samurai Champloo or from any samurai anime. The anime did mention that he's living in the past so maybe that's what they were going for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 1:
first thing i watch this season and it quite underwhelming, the tone was just way too light considering the setting but ill stick with it for now and see how it goes. also that robot girl is really annoying, hopefully they focus more on the MC instead of her.

Well, this is from the same studio that did Majestic Prince. I wouldn't bank on a lot of seriousness.

Anyway, first episode was okay. I'll watch.

wait what, i thought this was made by a relatively new studio thats why i didn't have much expections for it.

I remember quite liking what I read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to this.
Episode 1
Those backgrounds are sooo detailed and vibrant! It's one of the nicest looking "future worlds" I've seen since Psycho-Pass.

I can see what some of the ANN reviewers were saying about it being the "most mainstream" of this season's releases. It's got all the hallmarks of something that could be very popular in the west - high production values, stylish animation and soundtrack, cyberpunk-sans-humdrum-grit, a cute non-human female lead (complete with plenty of leery shots) and lone wolf male lead... it looks to be one of those shows that could have a wide appeal with anime fans of various demographics.

Even those transitions have coloured me impressed. :love:

Episode 1:

I liked it. It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was a good introduction to an interesting sci-fi world. The main character has a really cool look to him and I loved his little dance in the opening. The art and animation look pretty cool. However, they kind of cheated on the action scenes by using a lot of cutaways and still shots. I wasn't a fan of the fanservice shots on the loli robot as well.

It's a bright and colorful world and I'm kind of happy we're not getting another dark and gritty series. There are plenty of those already so I'm all for something a little more light hearted. I do think it's obvious that there is something darker going on here and I'm interested to see the truth behind this world where everyone is dependent on this new Tesla energy. It'll be interesting to see how this goes down. The old director is pretty evil looking.

I also really dug the music used during the episode as well as the songs for both the opening and the ending.

The main character seems like he's going to be the lovable loser type. He's an anachronism in this world. He's meant to look like he doesn't fit it. He still uses a gas powered car and takes payment in the very expensive gas. I thought he made a pretty good first impression and I'll be interested in following him for the series.

Overall it's a pretty solid first episode with an interesting art style, good music and interesting characters. I'm down for the ride with this one.

1:

Asides from the unhealthy obsession with voyeuristic camera shots of Mira, I thought it as alright. I can see some potentially interesting character chemistry between the Kyouma and Mira.

If nothing else he's go some sick dance moves.

mKjDnab.gif

Episode 1

I don't know about you guys but (aside from the dancing) I thought the opening was fucking atrocious.

I don't really see studios saving their money for better animation later down the ride, and the animation in this episode wasn't that great. Good art and designs (I thought it was refreshing to see a "fat" character that wasn't completely exaggerated for her weight), but there's no way that the animation won't go down the shitter, so I'm not particularly excited for this show to have any good action.

So for a show like this it has to have a good premise, and...it was just okay for me. But I'll keep watching -- the direction at least is pretty good. Whoever is directing this show at least has an eye for characterization (though he can chill with the shots of that girl)

I don't know about you guys but (aside from the dancing) I thought the opening was fucking atrocious.

Well hey, it can't possibly be any worse than Dagashi's literal zero budget OP where they literally just copied and pasted some stock footage in there and called it a day.

Well hey, it can't possibly be any worse than Dagashi's literal zero budget OP where they literally just copied and pasted some stock footage in there and called it a day.

That's got to be just a placeholder right? I've seen it done before. Wouldn't excuse them for not getting shit done on time though.

That's got to be just a placeholder right? I've seen it done before. Wouldn't excuse them for not getting shit done on time though.

It's possible it is a placeholder, but I've seen shows that have just went for crappy stock footage openings before. The second half of Samurai Flamenco had one.

As for this opening. I really like the song and the dancing is enough for me to enjoy it. However, I am concerned for the animation is the actual show because they really cheated during the action scenes. The rest of the episode has a nice stylized look to it though.

I guess it's going to depend on where the show focuses, though. If it's going to be an action centered show then the animation thing is a bit worrying, but if it's going to be more of a story driven series with just the occasional burst of action then I'm okay with them cheating on it a bit. I'm intrigued by the world and I thought this episode was a good start to a story. I'm thinking the next handful of episodes are going to be mostly episodic stuff where he and the robot will be going around hunting illegal coils and getting to know each other. It'll be a good chance to develop the world a bit as we start to see sings of problems under this too good to be true energy source.

It's possible it is a placeholder, but I've seen shows that have just went for crappy stock footage openings before. The second half of Samurai Flamenco had one.

The one for the second half of SamFlam also got updated towards the end, it was still pretty lazy though. Another example would be the Devil is a Part-Timer If I recall correctly.

The opening song just isn't my bag to tell the truth. I was never hugely into auto-tune. It doesn't go full screamo like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas at least.

Back