Seto no Hanayome

Julianlivre

[sadht]Seto no Hanayome[/sadht][sadhl=1086]seto-no-hanayome[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Based on a manga by Kimura Tahiko serialised in Gangan Wing.

Nagasumi visits his grandmother near the sea during the summer. While visiting, he goes for a swim, and drowns right after entering the water. Fortunately for him he is saved by a young mermaid. Later as he tells the story to his family, a young girl named San appears at his home and begs Nagasumi to marry her.

She’s followed by two large thugs and they take both him and his parents to San`s home under the sea. If that wasn’t strange enough, it turns out San`s parents are mob bosses. Nagasumi is left with the choice of either death or marrying San. He chooses to marry a mermaid.

This would likely be that, except San`s father and some members of the mob are not exactly thrilled to have Nagasumi courting San and are determined to bring an end to their relationship--or him. And there is also the matter of keeping it a secret that San is a mermaid.

Well two episodes has aired so far, cant really come up with a series to compare it with.... So go and watch it urself and judge it...

As for me I wasnt that WOWish about it, but if you like comedy and a little of romance then I suggest that you have a eye on this one -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished first episode and pretty tough to discuss without spoilers but will give it a try.

The premise is a young man [Nagasumi] and his parents go to visit thier grandmother at the ocean. While swimming in the ocean Nagasumi swims out too far and nearly drowns. He is rescued by a mermaid, however by having revealed her identity to rescue him, a choice must be made..

What happens afterward was a mixed bag for me, the situation for comedy seems fantastic but the comedy itself seemed a bit forced. The characters were fun and has some promise for character development. Kinda hard to say after only one episode. Will be checking out the next couple of episodes to see if the show can hit a good pace.

I like this show a lot because it is fast pace, although the story will probably be predictable since we've seen like millions of this type. But I still love it and I cant stop watching it :P

Seto no Hanayome is one of my favourite anime series... High quality comedy mixed with romance and some fantasy. I almost can't imagine anything better. And now first OVA episode came out and it was awesome!
Haha, especially delinquent class where Nagasumi had to fight... I just couldn't stop laughing.
Waiting for second episode!

This anime was not bad, heres hoping for another season... it's too bad the translators have seemingly stopped working with the manga since there are huge gaps in what chapters are available :/

I love this show, It is easily the funniest anime I've ever watched. The way it parodies other shows or anime in general is so well done and with perfect comedic timing. Story is irrelevant and it should be taken as a light heartedly as possible as it delivers more then enough laughs along the way.

just started this show, somehow slipped by me the last couple of years... now i'm main lining it like a junkie!

I think the manga and the anime had the same problems. There was no real story to speak of. They mostly did random stuff until the end and then tried to get into something that seemed like a story in both case. Or just did random snips of a story for like 1 or 2 chapters/episodes max as it went along. But that stuff never never REALLY went anywhere and had very little impact.

The romance was very weak. Seems like there was zero progress on any relationship and when there was some it was just forgotten and never built on.

The comedy was not that great either, i laughed at some points but for a comedy/slapstick it was lackluster at best.

Art wasn't that great, even for something this old. Bottom of the eyes of MC bugged me.

Music was bland, the ova music was better but still not amazing.

I don't know maybe this show is just to dated now a days. There have been many shows of the same type since the time this one aired and it seems it has been outdone in ever area by them. Maybe at the time this aired it would have been a lot better, but now a days i don't think it can stand up to them.

2.5/5

Last edited:
Back