Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls

Jtier

[sadht]Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls[/sadht][sadhl=3057]hyakka-ryouran-samurai-girls[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Interesting art style. Don't know if I like it yet, but I'll keep on watching.

Seems like it'll end up being generic ecchi/harem + action though.

Last edited:
Man, Japan sure has a different take on how WW2 went down.

It was ok. It seemed like it has some some possibility, especially with all the different factions, but then I just think, nah, next episode it's not gonna be a big deal, and it's just going to turn into some trivial rivalry.

Feels like a fusion of Kouihime Musou (which I dropped after about three episodes) and Sengoku Basara (with even a little hint of Shukufuku no Campanella in there). With all the "historical figures" and whatnot. And you're right, it probably will become something trivial.

I found the 1st episode interesting. It convinced me to watch the next one, too. The animation style is a bit unusual but I like it. I don't know what to expect, I think there will be loads of action packed scenes (or at least I hope).
Regarding the story I can't say anything after one episode.

It was ok. It seemed like it has some some possibility, especially with all the different factions, but then I just think, nah, next episode it's not gonna be a big deal, and it's just going to turn into some trivial rivalry.

Nah, I don't see this going anywhere terribly interesting. 99% of why there's any reason to watch this is the animation. Past that it's like Sengoku Basara with more boobs. It's like Queen's Blade all over again (not surprising; same studio)O.o

I just hope they can make an effort of having some sort of plot; shouldn't be impossible seeing as it's based on a light novel series. Still, I'm not holidng my breath. All that aside I'll probably watch the whole thing just because it looks so darn good.

I'm digging the art style and animation. I will watch it for that alone, but i hope it doesn't become bland

I actually think that it'll turn out pretty interesting... it seems to have a "revolution" type theme to it similar to Code Geass (including the "leader" of said revolution being very high up in society), the animation style makes it more interesting and really helps the mood of the series, and it doesn't appear to be the type of series that would use overused cliches as comic relief... but I can't be 100% on this so early in the series, but if they push it in the right direction, it could become a VERY good series in my opinion...

I liked the first episode. The art was interesting of course. It created a cool atmosphere, which I liked. I can't go just by the first episode though. A lot of bad shows had good first episodes.

Pretty nice style and characters... I just hope it will have something beside that. It might develop to either something interesting... or just a "queen's blade"

btw. that Yagyuu resembles Yoko very much

Episode 1 gave off a nice feel to it, I also think that the animation is pretty cool. However...
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that Yukimura Sanada would be portrayed as a Pettanko character voiced by Rie Kugimiya of all people, and Hattori Hanzo is a Maid Ninja...wow...just wow....
I am looking forward to new episodes regardless =P

However...
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that Yukimura Sanada would be portrayed as a Pettanko character voiced by Rie Kugimiya of all people, and Hattori Hanzo is a Maid Ninja...wow...just wow....
Kugimiya suprised me too ^^

biggthumpup.gif

Looks like Anime Network will be simulcasting this.

sgtanlogo2s.jpg

Finished up ep. 01

The art style is rather unique, though a tad bit odd, so it'll take a bit of getting use to for me.
That being said though, the first ep. was actually rather cool, and I can't wait to find out more of the story and how things turn out.

I didn't really like the animation sytle. Also, I had no idea this show was going to be ecchi so some of the things that went on during the episode shocked me >_>. It seems to me like this show will just focus on the ecchi and the story will take a backseat, but who knows.

I liked the first episode. The art was interesting of course. It created a cool atmosphere, which I liked. I can't go just by the first episode though. A lot of bad shows had good first episodes.

This ^^

Also it seems mostly everyone likes the look of the animation.

Liked the feel of the animation, as far as the WW2 comment, the description even says, "Alternate reality where the samurai never lost their place in society.

However,

If I practice enough of my kenjutsu, will I too be able to skydive out of a plan and cut a jet in 1/2? :drink:

Just saw the first ep. I love it. The animation style is pretty nice and comfy to stick with. I liked this quite a bit.

lol.gif

It's a good thing that these eps. stay on the TAN online player and are not like TV premieres, I would have missed both eps, since the simulcast time is very awkward to my sleep schedule, which in itself, is very awkward.

Finished up ep. 02

After watching the first ep a few times, I got use to the art style, and I have to say, I really like it. It is kind of distracting though, particularly during fast paced parts, however, the art concept in itself is rather awesome.

I especially liked the art in the part in ep. 02, when Jubei starts walking in the air during the fight with Hanzo, she stepped up on ink splats. I really like that little touch.

Episode 2 was I guess good I mean it wasn't great but it could have been a lot worse. Though I've got to say that I'm a bit iffy on the art style. I mean things like the battles and such look good but the characters are my main problems the edges just seem to hard. It kind of makes it look like that they aren't actually in the world but rather they're separate from it. It can kind of get what they were going for but it just seems kind of distracting. I end up focusing more on how the characters look than just about anything else. Besides my issue with the characters I still overall somewhat like the art style.

I love the arts style the only time it's hard to pay attention is during the action or fast moving scenes. The second episode was good.. I liked the first one better but it's still a solid start.

Back