Coyote Ragtime Show

amateurasu

Coyote Ragtime Show

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Coyote Ragtime show looks to be an over-the-top and completely awesome action show from ufotable, the guys who did ROD the TV and Futakoi Alternative, among other things. Grizzly pirates, sexy investigators, a dozen goth-loli assassin robots, and an exploding prison. And that's just the first episode! :D Animation is very nice, with fluid action, pretty explosions, and well-integrated vehicle CG.
I just hope it doesn't drastically change after the first few eps, like Futakoi Alt did. I still loved Futakoi Alt, of course, but you know what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator:
This show does seem like it has promise as an action show. I agree in hoping that the production values do not significantly decline as the series continues; the first episode was . The loli meido assassins might just be blatant fan-pandering, but, even if that's the case, they've succeeded in pandering me :)

I wasn't talking about Futakoi Alt's production values, I was talking about how the madcap action was replaced by a sort of melancholy romance. I still liked it, but the OP and the first couple of episodes were kind of misleading. ;)

Man, this show kinda disappoints me in a way, because I was hoping it would be more focused on the 12 Sisters >____<

Nonetheless, this show still seems pretty cool, I will continue to watch it.

so far so good, the 12 Sisters are really cool,

good action, good art,
recommended. 7.5/10.

Anybody else getting the same vibe from this show that I am? Reminiscent of a certain show with a space cowboy? ;)

I just hope we dont have Mister saying "Bang!" at the end... :(

This was a disappointment overall. Some of the characters are cool but they don't really have that many cool scenes, the plot is weak and the action sequences are nothing special.

Just finished watching the last episode. I agree with Bah for the most part. I was wary before I began watching due to people's recommendations like MechaTama's.

A few things that bothered me are:

First, the invicible super god like fights, where even If I am god, i will be lucky just to scratch you. This plagues most anime, so I can bear with it if the story is good and other aspects are appealing.

Second, It seemed too short. It left a hell of a lot questions for me unanswered as to motives for the way things turned, and left me with a very flat feeling. The few it did explained I only rolled my eyes at, because I thought they were rather lame.

I stopped watching this one when they killed
sep
for no real reasons.
Yeah, using character death to sell a show disappointed me that much. But gathering form you're comments I didn't miss much.

Wathed all the way to the end and thought
that the final fight was a little rushed and that it could have gone another episode, just to wrap it up better.

I was really disappointed with CRT. The first episode is such a cocktease compared to the boring mess that follows (i.e. the rest of it). Ended up fast forwarding through the last three episodes in hopes SOMETHING exciting would happen.

Guess what
it didn't

The show was good and I do remember it well. Also a good review too. :)

New anime by the Creators of Cowboy Bebop

It is called "Coyote Ragtime Show." It is a fairly recently released and it is in english dub. Has anyone else heard of it?

If you liked Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, or anything like those anime's, then you would enjoy Coyote Ragtime Show.

Re: New anime by the Creators of Cowboy Bebop

lol what a goobXD this is from 2006 and if its in English dub then its obviously not new XD there are no NEW animes in English dub there out for a long time b4 they dub it XD

FMA Brotherhood got dubbed pretty damn quick.

FMA Brotherhood got dubbed pretty damn quick.

Coyote Ragtime Show got dubbed pretty quick too.
It ended airing on 09-18-2006, and ADV released the first single for it on 01-16-2007.

That still doesn't change the fact that this thread doesn't belong here in this section though.

I remember seeing this one around in the DB a while ago. Just seeing the images it looks like something that could be good.

I remember seeing this one around in the DB a while ago. Just seeing the images it looks like something that could be good.

It is a rather short series. Popcorn fun, with a chunk of action. I kinda think of it as a Black Lagoon meets Outlaw Star with a tad of Bebop.

Back