Eureka Seven

Aydan

Eureka Seven
Alt title: Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

New original series by Bandai and Bones.

According to sources this show will run for 50 episodes with a game coming out in the summer. It is kinda like a co-release thing.

Main site: PROJECT EUREKA
Previews: http://mbs.jp/eureka/index2.html (promo + preview of ep 1, 2 and 3)

ep 01:

Animation........................................Good
Mecha_Design.....................................OK
Waveboard_Propulsion..................Weird
Music/Sound....................................Good
Character_Design...............................OK
Story/Plot.................................Promising

I really enjoyed ep 1, the background art fits a modern world setting just like I would have imagined it. I will now proceed to drop Sousei no Aquarion from my to-watch list and enter Eureka Seven. The main character is a 14 year old so he's overenthusiastic at time, but at least he acts like a normal 14 year old.

Note to all mecha show producers: please get rid of the purple/pink smoke, black or gray smoke with a hint of red and yellow in the center would be so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
ep 03:

OMG OMG the way it ends it's just unreal, too funny for words. Hats off to the animators of this show, great AA evasion animation, very fluid, high production value to boot. Makes me think that they have a huge budget for this show.

Am I the only one around anime-planet that follows this show?

BTW this is a very light hearted mecha anime.

Actually, since this is a bones show, I'm following it. Pretty much any show from that studio will have me watching it ever since scrapped princess and rahxephon.
But this one is just weird. Even more so then Kurau was. And Kurau was a bit overboard in weirdness at times even for me. So I'm really not ready to form any kind of an opinion on this show yet. Looks very promising, but that's pretty much it so far :greentra:

Yeah, but wasn't Bakuretsu Tenshi a BONES work? That show was crap. I don't *quite* regret watching it, like I do with Sister Princess, but it's damn close. It suckered me in with the visuals, music, and one cool character, but then stabbed my brain with an asinine plot and a spectacularly asinine ending. But enough ranting about BakuTen. I'll go ahead and give Eureka Seven a try ^_^.

I'm pretty sure BakuTen is a GONZO show so having a weak ending isn't really that new, at least for Gonzo.

As far as BONES and Eureka Seven conserned, Bones produce quite good shows but IMO they lack the magnitude of strength of FMA or Wolf's Rain.

BakuTen was embodiment of all Gonzo represented after vandread imo - all animation and design with overly complex and yet utterly simply and very much crappy plot. Definitely not my piece of pie although some people like that stuff very much, and definitely very different from all studio Bones' works to date.

New Op/ED Announcement

Starting Episode 12 there will be new op and ed

オープニングテーマ:HOME MADE 家族「少年ハート」
Op Theme: Home Made Kazoku "Shounen Heart"
new op goes on sale Aug 3rd

エンディングテーマ:伊沢麻未「Fly Away」
ED Theme: Izawa Asami "Fly Away"
new ed goes on sale July 27th

I had to bump this since I really enjoy this series. It provides quite a bit of comical moments while still coming through with harsh realities and mysterious storyline.

Sadly I have watched up to all the released episodes and will be sitting around waiting for new episodes as they come.

i watched an episode of this show on a whim, not knowing it was a BONES production, and subsequently ended up watching another twenty episodes over the course of the next few days. this is as close to perfect as the mecha action formula has been in recent memory, blowing stuff like gunparade orchestra and gundam seed destiny out of the water, and hitting tones that sousei no aquarion can't. the world of eureka seven is well-realized, and i enjoy its varied cast of characters.

Considering the fact that it's going to be as long as it is now, it's pretty safe to say that a lot of people are agreing with you kaz. Securing finances to go for as many episodes as it's going means it has to be pretty popular.

I finally caught up with this show and I have to say that it is indeed riding up there with the greats. I finally get to see a mecha show that isn't skin deep, not that I've seen a lot mind you.

ep 23
sigh... I fear that Renton's future holds more painful lessons.

ep 24
T_T why does it have to be such a good show?

Last edited:
though admittedly i haven't seen many series from 2005, i'm willing to call eureka seven the best new series of the year, and the way it's going right now (i'm starting to catch up to the raws), i can very easily see it being the best series of 2006. the story remains tight and runs at a brisk pace, while character development is some of the best of the genre (renton's grandfather, axel, comes to mind here, as well as dominique, talho, and renton and eureka themselves).

I've recently caught up with this show myself. I just wanted to add to the list of supporters for this show. It Rocks.

ep 27 & 28

Wow, I never thought they could make it this good.

Eventhough it is sad

able to make a mecha show with less of the mecha and a great story. rare to find such good shows. good thing about it too is that renton isnt that chosen individual who instantly fits into the role. so well thought out.

When I fist heard of this I was like "Sky boarding mecha, thats gonna be rubbish", then I watched, it blow me away, a cool story line, excellent characters and stunning designs for the mechs and ships, truly a great show.

raws are up to ep 45...amazing developments abound. i will definitely purchase this series when it comes to region 1. characters receive not only development, but actual movement in their individual story arcs, and everything is coming together in an awesome way.

Back