Love Stage!!

Yep, sweet, awesome yaoi. Having read the manga before the announcement of its release, I can finally feel what its like to be BB for once. Disappointment and anguish. Though, I'm not expecting those feelings yet. =)

I think my only gripe is the choice of voice actor for Ryoma Ichijo. Its not what I imagined he would sound like whenever I read the manga. Oh well, it might work, I guess.

ib0CbNTc5VUgIb.gif

Yep, sweet, awesome yaoi. Having read the manga before the announcement of its release, I can finally feel what its like to be BB for once. Disappointment and anguish. Though, I'm not expecting those feelings yet. =)

Dude,this thing has freaking Nobuhiko Okamoto in it!
1400093338-jibril5-o.gif

ep 1

man.......the cover art had me sort of looking forward to this...........didn't really read much about it..........thought the yellow haired dude was a girl.................

Soon as I realized this was probably shounen AI............I just couldn't watch anymore............my senses can't take it...........

Ep 1

^ Yeah run shounen-ai won't miss you .-.

But wtf this is totally not gonna have any smut in it. 0.5/5 dropped bleeeech (jk)

Ep.1

Off to a good start - the voice acting is good and the animation is better than I was expecting it to be. They also blended the wedding back-story into the narrative rather nicely.

Looked up the VA for Izumi and found out he did Desktomu from Chihayafuru - now I can't help but imagine Izumi... okay, yeah, Izumi's a geek too.

Is she taking it up the butt?

ep 1

man.......the cover art had me sort of looking forward to this...........didn't really read much about it..........thought the yellow haired dude was a girl.................

Soon as I realized this was probably shounen AI............I just couldn't watch anymore............my senses can't take it...........

Got something against guys smooching? :cereal:

But wtf this is totally not gonna have any smut in it. 0.5/5 dropped bleeeech (jk)

No smut? Those were the scenes I was most looking forward to... *cough*

Are you asexual or a eunuch?

Well Socket plug..........etc

I've been watching Sakura trick recently, after the dribble dies down and they get to those parts thats cause anyone to watch.......it has it's appeal.....yeah. So on a stimulating level.........it's something I can stomach (yuri only)

But subtle tones where the focus isn't on raw physical attraction but a emotional story......I just can't relate to the story for either genre........

Tried watching a few like Maria sam a with no sexual themes and just couldn't get into it.....

Can't explain it.....So here is the chart

Yuri sexual themes - can watch
Yaoi Sexual themes - can't watch
Yuri non sexual - can't watch
Yaoi non sexual - can't watch.......

Episode 1
J.C. Staff, you bastards. You've did it again. One of the best "pilots" this season. The pacing was so wonderful. The voice acting, at first I doubt it but it turned out quite well and the characters were on point. This is the greatest adaptation ever.
ibfS7juROQRGr9.gif

Last edited:
Episode 1
J.C. Staff, you bastards. You've done it again. One of the best "pilots" this season. The pacing was so wonderful. The voice acting, at first I doubt it but it turned out quite well and the characters were on point. This is the greatest adaptation ever.

I have a hard time telling if this is sarcasm or not...
:cereal:

^ I know, right?

But the PV doesn't look so bad, so who knows?

I have enough on my plate for summer, though.

Having seen it I have to agree with him. J.C. Staff have done a tremendous job on this adaptation. My opinion might change if they're censoring the smut though. All my rage.

I have a hard time telling if this is sarcasm or not...
:cereal:
No sarcasm, I really loved this episode. I really don't have much to say since I've read the manga, so there wasn't any surprises or such. All I can pretty much contribute to this thread is me being so overjoyed over how well they adapted it.

The fuck? What idiot came up with this law? Does it apply to manga too?

I don't think it applies to manga. But take my words with a grain of salt. It's just something I read on ANN. It makes sense though if you think about the lack of smut in any non-OVA series lately. (Unless there is smut which then I've been missing da hell out.)

Episode 1:
Soooooooooo good. I already had high expectations in the beginning, but I didn't expect to like it this much. I'm definitely picking up the manga, it's too adorable to ignore and I really want to know what happens next.

I'm also rather amused that the Rei in this show shares the same voice actor as the Rei in Free!.

Last edited:
Back