'Staff' tab added to anime entries

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
We've had the database set up for this for awhile, and I finally just exposed the 'staff' tab in anime entries (next to screenshots, reviews, etc).

At the moment we are only handling a few staff types, and will add more moving forward once we find consistent ways to name them: Director, Producer, Music, Original Anime (or Manga) Creator, and Character Design.

Staff are only attached to very few anime at the moment, but I am now looking to bring a bunch of people moderators onboard to help add the information. If you're a regular on Anime-Planet and are willing to commit a bunch of time up front to help add this info to our database (and are willing to stay onboard afterwards as an active moderator, in case people have requests/etc), please feel free to let me know in the thread. People moderators do get a moderator badge on the main site, and you'd be able to help craft our current rules/guidelines since this is such a new feature.

I hope you enjoy this new addition to the site,
~sothis

Heh, I saw just now the new tab while browsing the DB and I was a bit surprised. Nice to see this up already.

If you think I can help out with this, by all means let me know.

As you can see by my post count I'm new to the forums, but I've been an active member of Anime Planet for one year now, so I now how it works. You can check out my introduction thread below to get to know me better and you can also check out my Anime Planet profile by clicking on my sig. I have a lot of experience in managing forums and my grammar is very good. I have a lot of free time and I'm online mostly during the afternoon and late at night. If you want to test my ability as a moderator I would be happy to join on a trial basis, so you can test me with a task to see if I would be a suitable choice. Then if I perform my tasks to your liking I can be on the team full time. I would really enjoy being part of the team, so if you have any questions for me please feel free to ask.

My introduction thread: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/introductions/82932-my-ap-birthday-first-thread.html

I'm also willing to help with adding staff info. I'm not quite new here, been on this site for like an year and a half, just that i don't have the time to tag along on forum. My knowledge about anime is pretty vast (people can check my profile) and it includes stuff like directors, producers, music, character and animation designers, etc. Free time, though its kinda little and precious i'm willing to spend it on adding staff info. I'm looking forward to be a part of the team.

I would offer to help, but I don't know much, or anything, about anime anymore... :P

Awesome! I like lots of anime music, so especially the music section will be useful. Had to donate a bit because A-P makes my life(life?, I mean umm...whatever) a lot easier - now even more, thanks to staff tab ^^

I am willing to help with the initial setup and get the ball rolling and information filled in.

Most likely will drop out after I get a significant percentage done.

I must admit I do not know much about the forum, but can quickly learn. Otherwise I have been using the site for a while now and have a good idea how it works and would be happy to help in your new scheme but also in updating the database itself. I have lots of free time, and this is hobby most of my time goes into so am not likey to give it up. Hope I can help, if not good luck and carry on the good work :)

Thanks for another nice feature, and I'd love to help with the staff addition. :smile:

Back