[question] "Repeat search in anime/manga"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahken

Cross-eyed Cyclops
Since v4 was released, the option to repeat the given search in anime (if you were searching manga) or manga (if you were searching anime), and maybe chars/users/etc (I only ever used anime/manga, so I don't recall what else was there) is missing. Was this removed intentionally? If so, are there plans to bring it back?

That feature use to be able to switch between anime, manga, characters and people. But the people part of it was broken. So though anime to manga and vis versa were really the only useful ones most of the time.

Might have been taken out since the top bar stays at the top with the search box in the top right..

I've been poking around & it would be possible to achieve it with a javascript link;
Code:
window.location.href = window.location.href.replace("/anime/", "/manga/");
^ Putting this on an anime search results page would allow you to switch to manga results, swap the /anime/ and /manga/ portions for use on the manga results page.

I don't know how hard it would be to add that to the site's code, but it seems like it should be doable. In the meantime, anyone familiar with javascript could create a greasemonkey script for people to use.

its' certainly a doable feature, we just havent designed it into the ui yet. rest assured we're thinking about fixing the search

moving this to completed since we're tracking global search in the known issues section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back