Utawarerumono

Wolfco

Forum Moderator
Utawarerumono

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I've seen two episodes of this show and it is pretty good. The animation is good and the characters are interesting. The only thing it seems to lack as of yet is an original plot, but we'll see. Anyone else have an opinion or two or three??

Last edited by a moderator:
You should definitely be able to pick up on the some of the (semi?)originality of the plot around episode 12 or so, and the plot is probably going get into full gear by the latter third of the show. However, the plot isn't the most important aspect of the show I think. You'll get your chance to look at a bunch of various commentaries on social interactions between people and politics.

the male lead is simply far too dull for me to give this series a glance past episode 2.

This series is actually surprisly good, I for one am enjoying this series. The main attract to me for this series is that it is exactly like an RPG, especially Fire Enblem.

And I like the series have many large scale battle.

Hmm, if I could change one thing - I would decrease breast sizes of some of its female characters (it's pretty ridiculous and in the first place inconsistent - I mean there are lot of females which are normal).

HellaSueV said:
This series is actually surprisly good, I for one am enjoying this series. The main attract to me for this series is that it is exactly like an RPG, especially Fire Enblem.

And I like the series have many large scale battle.

It seems exactly like an RPG ... because it's based on an RPG XD with the exact same name (methinks). :p

Edit: Link for info in Japanese --> http://leaf.aquaplus.co.jp/product/uta.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, they really should decrease the size of their breats.

Now that you mention it, I think I have played this RPG when I was in China :P

I like this show, I'm on like episode 20 and it is very interesting. Although it seems like a pretty stereotypical fighting anime, the main character differs from other shows in that he knows when to settle things, and doesn't seem like a weak decision maker(just kills the bad guys, even though he seems to be a really kind person himself).

... the breast thing does bother me too though.

I didn't even notice the breast thing until you all started complaining about it. It still doesn't bother me though. I figure whatever they want to draw as long as the story is good. It suprises me that I hear some many negative comments about. I just don't see the horribleness of the show. The characters are all decent sorts and the stories are fun if in the norm of the genre.

I was wondering If anyone knows of a plan for or a release date for a Utawarerumono complete collection box set.

I have seen the first 2 Dvd's and love it, but would not want to buy the 6 dvds separate at $25. each, especially since I would need at least the first 3 to have some I have not yet seen...
and I would cry if I buy it all and they turn around and have a box set w killer price soon after. ADV has a sale atm, but still $18. each w the 6th one $25. packs a wallop.

I really really want it, but can not justify such a chunk of money..
I am also old-fashioned I guess.. since I remember not long ago anime dvds were basically $20 or under, and only ones with like 6 episodes on em went up to $25.
Because of this, I have a hard time dishing out $25. for 4 - 5 episodes. >_<

Re: Any Utawarerumono news?

I would totally be interested if they released a boxset! I really liked the series.

*remembers to keep checking this thread for news*

Re: Any Utawarerumono news?

Well to answer everybodys question about this: The final dvd was out about a two months ago.
As a practice ADV releases a boxset about after a year the final dvd is out. So I would look for the boxset sometime next year.
Hope this news is a help to you.
On a side note I also really like the series!

damn just started this anime and i already got totally drown in, their aint much to talk about in the 1st and 2nd ep but it gets really entertaining from ep 3, everyone should at least watch few AMVs showcasing the battles before judging this anime, anyway ive just finished ep 5 and probably going to finish this show within tomorrow

EDIT: k made it up to ep 7 and this anime truly deserves it to be the addaption of a RPG, would really like to play that one xD

PS: many of u have complained about the breasts here but i dont see any problem at all oO but maybe things will change after ep 7 lol

Last edited:
EDIT: k made it up to ep 7 and this anime truly deserves it to be the addaption of a RPG, would really like to play that one xD

I wouldn't recommend the games the series is based on, unless you actually like adult games.

You assumed right. The Utawarerumono games were eroge games, or as a lot of people call them "hentai games".

k so now ive finished this anime and im pretty satisfied with it, also watched the 4 specials which were really funny :D:D (can be found on veoh btw), now im looking forward to the OVA's and i also will check out the game, probably^^, the PC version seems to be a tactical-RPG game which is by far ma fav genre so i will give it a try by chance

PS: here is a preview for the fights YouTube - Utawarerumono PC-first battle sequence, looks promising, doesnt it? and if there is hentai involved i dont mind it lol

Back