Chihayafuru

Etue

[sadht]Chihayafuru[/sadht][sadhl=3998]Chihayafuru[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

An anime about a very japanese game is seems, the characters will have to carry this show because I am fairly disinterested in the game.
That said, female lead is a generic ''nice girl'' with tomboy~ish sprinkles. The boy in the flashback was a jealous jerk though.

All her life, Chihaya's dream was to see her model sister become Japan's best... That is, until a quiet, unassuming transfer student named Arata tells her otherwise. A dream, he explains to her, is something she needs to work at herself.

Arata plays a competitive version of a traditional Japanese card game--known as Hyakunin Isshu--in a way Chihaya has never seen before. After taking Arata's place in a game, Chihaya discovers she has a passion for it. Now Chihaya wants to become number one in the world, the Queen of Karuta.
Pretty Interesting...but card game animes are not my cup of tea, but i will watch just in case.

I saw the first episode... and I love it so far. It's not one of those normal card games so I can't wait for the next episode.

Was expecting better than this for some reason. Still, an okay episode. The characters didn't seem too special, but karuta might turn out to be an interesting game to watch.

I have high hopes for this anime. While the card game itself isn't very interesting - I think that for the show and the main character, it is more of a vehicle for characters to bond and interect than simply dual with - this ain't a Yu-Gi-Oh by a long shot. The three characters introduced were fairly interesting, and they have no flat character traits you typically see.

episode 1.... not knowing the name of the card game, i was expecting either yu-gi-oh or the "Koi-Koi!" game from Summer Wars (which i still don't understand), but this is more like competitive Memory.

i kind of liked it... the anime i mean, i would suck at the game. it kind of reminded me of Suzaka, where the track and field is a vehicle for the drama, but not the focus of the series. i'll give it three as normal, but it is promising.

not bad... VERY shoujo. It's unique, and i'll give it more eps (not that i have much choice, the wife plans to watch this one. lol)

Most josei is worth watching and I actually really enjoyed the first episode. Well, my attention died a little when they started playing the card game but I am drawn to the characters and interested to know how their relationships develop. I have hopes for this one.

Episode two kept proving this fact for me: For being based on one of the most boring card games ever; Chihayafuru is pretty good.

Episode 1 didn't seem interesting at first glance but it was well done and actually made me pay attention for some reason. I liked the fact that they told the story in two different time lines. I wonder if that was just set up or they will continue to do so as it goes.

I'm liking it so far. It's one of my favs this season. I hope they don't make the anime more focused on Karuta and just keep it on relations with each other and such.

Episode two kept proving this fact for me: For being based on one of the most boring card games ever; Chihayafuru is pretty good.

If not THE most boring card game ever. But so true regardless.

I really like these characters! Well, their younger selves at least... we are still yet to see what happens and how they develop into the teens from the first ep. I didn't think Taichi and Chihaya's families were all too believable though.

also I just realised this has the same director as Nana and Card Captor Sakura :love: :love:

It's pretty good, and in the top two best anime this season for me (the other being Ben-to) so far. It seems the focus of this anime is the characters, the card game is just the plot to keep the characters moving forward.

Am I the only one hoping they go more into the game? lol.

Anyway, good episode, really liking the animation.

what more is there to go into it?

they read the first line of a poem, and have to pick out the card with the rest of the poem on it.

They can knock the cards out of the field of play, as long as the card they're looking for is in it, and they chose the correct card from the cards knocked out of play. Person with the most cards wins.

pretty straight forward it seems to me.

^Yeah, thats sort of true, but there must be something more to the game. Like the rules (beside the more obvious ones) or the kind of poems they have on the cards, or any techniques the players use, or some history or any such thing.

I'm hoping they don't go into the game. Overall the card game sounds boring as hell. Just memorization of poems and slapping/grabbing cards that finish the poem. I mean they could make it like Yu-Gi-Oh, "Ha, I have picked out the stream poem, I summon the ultimate stream poem master, Sutorīmu!"

^Yeah, thats sort of true, but there must be something more to the game. Like the rules (beside the more obvious ones) or the kind of poems they have on the cards, or any techniques the players use, or some history or any such thing.

I'm pretty sure most of the rules have been established. I highly doubt there is any special rules other than the basics.

Back