Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

Aureolux

[sadht]Ikoku Meiro no Croisée[/sadht][sadhl=4007]ikoku-meiro-no-croisee[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Was curious if people would recommend this, but there wasn't a thread. Any thoughts before I sit down to watch the first ep?

Well, I liked the first episode. It was cute. I wasn't really interested when I first read the description, but after watching it I'll definitely keep up. It intrigues me for some reason. The anime seems boring on the basis, but I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for. The characters seem pretty nice (Yune is adorable) and the soundtrack sounds awesome. I absolutely love how Yune is so dedicated to the Japanese customs, and how she is adapting to the French culture. And the character development of Claude in just the first episode was really nice - from cold-hearted and unwelcoming to heart-warming and caring. sfoksnhf I just thought it was so cute. <3

Hmm... Cute. And probably fairly historically accurate (I love how detailed the backgrounds are). But that's it. It's kinda boring. I'm a little bit interested in life in the 19th century Paris, but not enough for this kind of storytelling and characters to keep me watching. Kinda like Shouwa Monogatari, which I stalled after just one episode. I need to be in a very particular kind of mood to be entertained by something like this. I do intend to continue this, but at a later time.

I liked this anime. I thought the animation style on the backgrounds and setting were spot on. I loved the little girl, Yune, I found her character cute and adorable. She was so sweet and kind. My only complaint with this show is that none of the children seem to have noses. I know a small detail, but it bothered me slightly. I enjoyed the first ep plot a lot and look forward to the next one.

I'm rather split on this after watching the first episode. On one hand I somewhat enjoyed it and thought it was fairly cute at times, but on the other hand it just seemed like it might have been trying to hard to be cute and funny. I don't know maybe since it was a cute looking slice of life I was expecting a lot more from it. Still it's only the first episode so maybe things will get better in future episodes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this show mainly due to the fact that it's set in Europe and the animation is done wonderfully. The plot isnt anything special but its definitely one of the better summer series ive watched thus far :@_@:

Seems like it has potential, and is at least much more interesting than the million other slice-of-life moeish series that are constantly coming out. The question is will it continue this glacial pacing for a nice but simply decent slice of life, or will it pick up it's plot and do something really interesting? The settling alone is unique enough that it could really go into uncharted territory for an anime.

I liked episode 1. I don't mind a nice slow burner, I'd rather have something like this then the usual moeblob crap-of-life they keep churning out.

Just finished watching the first episode. Love the setting and the animation is gorgeous. That said, I wasn't particularly moved by anything else. Still, I think I'll keep watching it if only for the wonderful animation.

Again, another slow moving episode, but nonetheless cute - I really do enjoy the characters, and it's awesome how accurate they are being with the Japanese and French cultures. The background scenery is flawless, and it's actually like they are in France. The only thing that kind of irked me was
when they were looking at the vegetables, how Claude was saying the English names, and Yune repeated - I think it would have paid more tribute to the French culture had they actually used the French names for the vegetables (and fruit/meat) rather than the English ones. Just my opinion though. Otherwise, not too shabby!

i think i'll get diabetes from watching much more of this.

not a whole heck of a lot to this other than an insane amount of cute.

Yune is simply adorable. In terms of plot, I can't see this going anywhere too amazing. However, it's super pretty, cute and occasionally funny. So, I'll stick with it. I've watched way worse.

i think i'll get diabetes from watching much more of this.

not a whole heck of a lot to this other than an insane amount of cute.

Dude i'll take that diabetes like a champ lol. Yune is too adorable for me not to watch this show. I like the atmosphere that the show has created, and am enjoying all the characters introduced. But i totally agree about the cute overload... Kind of like Kobato cute level.

Liked a lot of things in this episode. Yune's first taste of warm, freshly baked bread, the parts where Claude shows her around the city, and small things here and there. Sweet stuff.

Liked a lot of things in this episode. Yune's first taste of warm, freshly baked bread, the parts where Claude shows her around the city, and small things here and there. Sweet stuff.

The bread she ate was a day old and hard, and she complained because the Japanese usually have warm food for breakfast>.>
Anyways, this show is about as much sugar as I can take. Going to have to cut sodas out of my diet while this show is going.

Yeah, but wasn't it warm at the end of episode 2, when she goes into pure ecstasy after taking a bite.

Every episode gives more promise that this isn't going to be just a simple slice of life moe blob, and will actually have a plot.

Episode three seems to be developing the characters and having them understand each other better. The only thing I didn't like was how the french girl was introduced, or rather not introduced at all. It was a scene that felt out of place with the rest of the episode. Otherwise a good episode.

well, its a historical slice of life series so im definetly watching it. beside with the last epi. the plot seems like its acually movin somewhere. not to mention yune is sooo cute
love.gif

btw does the OP remind anyone of rurouni kenshin?

Last edited:
Well episode 4 certainly took things into a new direction...

The French girl had me worried for awhile, I was afraid she'd come across as some stock villain type character, but what they did with her was pretty good. She's certainly a rival to Claude, but Yune seems to be in the middle of their affections. It actually reminded me of that oh so common stock plot of hero and villain fighting over damsel's love, except that this obviously doesn't fit in that cliche.

And am I the only one who thinks they are over doing the moeified scenes with the simple 'cute' art style?

Back