Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

B

BTime

Yamato Nadeshike Shichi Henge

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

While checking out some of the new shows this season, I normally would have passed something like this over excepting that it is currently being subbed by C1. Not really expecting much, I checked out the first episode and think I might be hooked. The premise is as follows;

Four Bishonen youths who live in a mansion sponsored by their extravagant aunt are given notice that they can continue to live in the mansion for free if they can convert the aunts' niece into a proper lady. If not, then the rent will be tripled (ouch!). The problem is that the young girl is mentally scarred from an incident some years ago and pretty much freaks out and scares all those around her.

The comedy is pretty over the top, the art is adequate for the series (I've seen worse). Bottom line is that it entertains where a lot of other shows with bigger budgets do not. If I were to fit this into an Anime Rec entry would probably link it with something like Wandaba Style.

AniDB doesn't list a total number of episodes for the show [lists 6 scheduled], but I'll make a guess that it probably will hit 12 or 13 eps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it will be a fun show, but the art, and the voice actors for the guys, just seem... off, somehow. But it wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't a little ugly, right? ;)

the art is bad, and the character uhm, is a no no, at first when seeing the "anime cover" I thought they are girls, but it turn out be boys,

will not watch further,

I've seen the first 2 episodes and I don't like it very much. It tries too hard to be funny and it fails miserably at that. The four guys look more gay than bishounen and they seem like big cowards being always afraid of what Sunako might do.
I'll give a few more episodes a try and if it doesn't improve I'll drop it.

Dear lord-- have they ruined the art for this show, honestly. I'm unashamedly a fan of the manga, which has intermittent art quality, but this is genuinely bad, unfortunately.

Set up is generic shoujo, of course, with an ending telegraphed a mile off, but the ridiculousness of the antics the boys get up to to hide their problems is amusing.

Honestly, expecting realistic reactions from anime is, well, rather silly. Especially when the synopsis involves "Four bishounen must turn dowdy Sunako into a lady." I mean, My Fair Lady aside, does this seem realistic? It'd be like going into Angel Densetsu and being disappointed more people didn't react like real people. You're missing the point. It's popcorn cinema. Go in, shut off, and enjoy some silly shoujo plots (with some awesome fashion (the mangaka is a massive fan of gothloli, so she gets some nice stuff to wear)).

I really like this anime series
When i first watched it I was a little iffy but then as I began to watch it more I found myself laughing a lot and enjoying watching it ^^

I guess the ghost girl's voice could be a little annoying but I think it fits her well. it's something different than your usual anime

the plot can seem over used but then in a way it's not ^^

I finished watching episode 5 and it just wasn't all that funny. The premise was good, but just didn't deliver well IMHO. Hopefully the humour picks up again in ep. 6+

I just read that ADV picked up the license. :smile: ADV is one of my favorites, so I'm really excited.

I really liked the anime. I mean, sometimes I watch something and think "This girl has a bunch of hot guys around and doesn't seem to even notice!" Sunako reacts in a very extreme way (nosebleeds and all). I think the anime has a unique idea about what it means to be "dazzling" or "ugly". By the end
The guys feel burdened and harassed because of their looks, and one was even kicked out of his house by his mom! Sunako tries to hide in darkness because she thinks she's ugly. Everyone has problems, no matter what you look like.

I think to enjoy this show you can't take it seriously. If you come with light-hearted attitude probably find its a relaxing and funny anime.

yamanade!!!!!!!

this is THE most funny anime i've seen - taken as a whole series, not just random laugh attack :laugh:

they guys are just so cute and of course, poor sunako-chan's nosebleeds, and oh, let's not forget josephine and HER family, lol.

the one i don't like is the excentric auntie... she and her ultimatums are a bit annoying.

*sigh*

i wish there was a second series, after all, isn't the manga ongoing?

Watched it a few months ago.It was ok i guess.Had some real fun moments but the "male" arts irritated me a lot :S

I could compare it to Ouran i think.The humor seems similar.

Watched it a few months ago.It was ok i guess.Had some real fun moments but the "male" arts irritated me a lot :S

I could compare it to Ouran i think.The humor seems similar.

ouran - hmm, i got stalled with that... too sweet for me, strangely.

yamanade was fun watching and re-watching. enough to make me look up the manga :D

It a great anime. Funny most of the time, yet profound. Maybe many people think it has a superficial plot, but I liked it very much and found myself very similar to Sunako in some aspects.
The guys were great, each of them had a different personality and this made it more interesting. Takenaga is my favourite :love: .

i think the manga is already finished.. not sure though..
i also do not agree its more like ouran... well that's my opinion but many of my friends say tthe can't see the diffrence between the two

This was one of the funniest anime I have watched in awhile. At first it was a little uncomfortable to see how pretty the dudes were drawn, but after a few episodes, I got over that. Especially since they were hardly ever animated looking all sparkly anyway.
It really grew on me. I kept asking myself, "why am I watching this," but once I got over the pretty boy stuff, I was hooked. Like someone said, don't take it so seriously. It's meant to be goofy.

i absolutely loved it. i always laugh like sunako's aunt when i want to annoy my sisters.:smile:
i had fun watching it and now i'm reading the manga.

Back