Use twitter? Follow AnimePlanet!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
decided to join the twitter madness - Twitter / AnimePlanet (Anime_Planet is parked but I probably wont use it - sothis was taken -_- bah)

Why follow AnimePlanet?

-get updated as soon as new features are added or bug fixes are made
-get updated as soon as alpha or beta or full v3 launches!
-want to get to know your wacky admin? i'll send various personal updates there as well

come on, you know you want to! ^_^

decided to join the twitter madness - Twitter / AnimePlanet (Anime_Planet is parked but I probably wont use it - sothis was taken -_- bah)

Why follow AnimePlanet?

-get updated as soon as new features are added or bug fixes are made
-get updated as soon as alpha or beta or full v3 launches!
-want to get to know your wacky admin? i'll send various personal updates there as well

come on, you know you want to! ^_^

What is Twitter? :confused:

haha..you can read that
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

but i still don't know what it is about..and why to join it..

edit: now i'm reading that it's similar to MySpace..

not at all. it's for short/quick messages that get sent out to "followers" - and discussions can take place on those messages too.

basically nothing like myspace. if anything, similar to myspace bulletins.

you can also receive twitter updates on your phone! heh

You can also just subscribe to its RSS feed to get updates in any RSS reader. No need to sign up to twitter or refresh that page constantly.

i see..

so it's better for you to write short messages (about site updates etc) through twitter than sending mass emails or posting on the forum?? (sorry, i still don't get it)

we'll do forum updates and such too - odds are, twitter will be the first way i send things out, as it'll be the quickest/easiest.

maltese, we should have a chat on msn sometime soon about twitter capabilities, since i'm a newbie to it :p

*Is totally baffled by peoples' obsessions with all these social networking/blogging things like twitter, myspace, facebook, rss feeds, blogs, etc, etc, etc, etc*
Checking such sites manually for news is actually -more- of a hassle than checking the originating website, and getting automated updates via feeds or whatever is just annoying, as such updates are most commonly "who gives a F~" kind of things, so you wind up getting nagged about what the person had for breakfast or whatever.

*shrug* ..But to each their own I guess.... As long as you don't try to force people to use such sites & merely offer it as an option, I don't really care (although the obsession still mystifies me).

*Follows*

I've been using Twitter for a few months now. It's nice for the audio/video guys and leaders at my church b/c then we can know when/where stuff is and what future plans are. Plus it's nice to know what my friends are upto since I don't always have time to text everyone.

P.S. If anyone wants to follow me, my username on Twitter is the same as my forum one, kinnythebandit

I love Twitter! I've always used it. I read about it in Time or Newsweek or something a few years ago. It's going to be really big, anyone who isn't on it needs to get on the ball!

Back